Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 14-11-17, 17:01   #41
Lwmte

Second part of Tomb Editor first look tutorial has landed!

@b122251 AFAIK, TE will remain closed-source only until it reaches final stage. Currently there are LOTS of things to fix, there are many issues still existing. While I'm also absolutely not happy with certain TRLE software being closed-source, in case of TE at least devs and QA guys all have access to source, free to clone it, fork it, etc. So it's not same case as with many other TRLE tools, when developers keep their source to themselves for no apparent reason.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:05   #42
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

@everyone
Download this zip package: http://www.tombeditor.it/dist/Native.zip

It contains native d3dcompiler_43.dll for both 32 bit and 64 bit. Copy the right file for your PC architecture in the same folder of TombEditor.exe.

Only for who is having problems
MontyTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:24   #43
Xopax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTRC View Post
@everyone
Download this zip package: http://www.tombeditor.it/dist/Native.zip

It contains native d3dcompiler_43.dll for both 32 bit and 64 bit. Copy the right file for your PC architecture in the same folder of TombEditor.exe.

Only for who is having problems
That worked!
Xopax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:25   #44
shaypeaks

Default So excited

While I nlove the NGLE and plan to coninue using it for my current level,I look forward to my next level with this new editor.. I was able to import my prj file and texture file but not my was file.It seems to only import original wads?Its a big wad file,,could that be the problem?
shaypeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:29   #45
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

I've tested the code also with Northern Legends, so it can open also very huge files.
You can PM me the WAD so I can inspect it. But I've found sometimes things like duplicated statics (2 statics belonging to the same slot... WadMerger bug) and simila things. Winroomedit was more indulgent about those cases.
Old 14-11-17, 17:30   #46
Titak

I shouldn't have watched...

Those diagonal floor steps, ceiling steps and walls are a dream come true!

Can't wait for Tomb Editor and TRNG to be "merged", so I can load my TRNG projects into this editor.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:34   #47
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
I shouldn't have watched...

Those diagonal floor steps, ceiling steps and walls are a dream come true!

Can't wait for Tomb Editor and TRNG to be "merged", so I can load my TRNG projects into this editor.
this I'm looking foward to the trng features to be fully implemented
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:42   #48
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

A couple of IMPORTANT notes:
1) After importing PRJ, please check for game path in Level settings to point to a valid path with tomb4.exe
2) If you are experiencing startup failures, then could be that you must install a newer version of .NET Framework (at least 4.5) or, probably, you have a conflict with 32/64 bit architecture. In this case, the guilty is d3dcompiler_43.dll, that you can find in both versions under Native directory. Simply copy the one that fits with your architecture in the same directory of TombEditor.exe. Currently, the default one is 64 bit version.

After finishing the import/export business, I will start immediately NG triggers
NG stuff is partially supported: room flags, WAD130 and static meshes flags.
Old 14-11-17, 17:46   #49
teme9

Wait until you try the new texturing tools.... It is probably 10x faster to texture rooms now. It is amazing The whole editor is packed with amazing features that you've only dreamt about.
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:53   #50
Opaque79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTRC View Post
A couple of IMPORTANT notes:
1) After importing PRJ, please check for game path in Level settings to point to a valid path with tomb4.exe
2) If you are experiencing startup failures, then could be that you must install a newer version of .NET Framework (at least 4.5) or, probably, you have a conflict with 32/64 bit architecture. In this case, the guilty is d3dcompiler_43.dll, that you can find in both versions under Native directory. Simply copy the one that fits with your architecture in the same directory of TombEditor.exe. Currently, the default one is 64 bit version.

After finishing the import/export business, I will start immediately NG triggers
NG stuff is partially supported: room flags, WAD130 and static meshes flags.
What about game scripts? How can you point to other TR4 files other than the one that comes with Tomb Editor? I'm talking about when using a custom wad like with TRLE/NGLE. Level names as well.

Thanks in advance.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote