www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 14-11-17, 17:05   #51
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
What about game scripts? How can you point to other TR4 files other than the one that comes with Tomb Editor? I'm talking about when using a custom wad like with TRLE/NGLE. Level names as well.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure about the scripts, since they need to be in your Game Directory anyway, but you can already point to a custom WAD anywhere on your hard drive, the same with textures and you can also direct TE to a different samples folder. The level file name is currently always set to match the project file name (tut1.prj -> tut1.tr4, level.prj2 -> level.tr4). These settings are always saved with the PRJ2 file, that's why they're called Level Settings. For a different PRJ2 file, you can use different paths.

Last edited by Dustie; 14-11-17 at 17:07.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:10   #52
Evgeniy
Hobbyist

I examined the dll from the Native.zip and it worked, thank you! Wow, it works even in my Parallels Desktop VM: img
Ooh, it feels gorgeous, thank you guys, amazing work!

Unfortunately, it doesn't support high-dpi monitors, this is what happens when I enable it: img
But nah, it's not a catastrophe
Evgeniy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:11   #53
Opaque79
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Not sure about the scripts, since they need to be in your Game Directory anyway, but you can already point to a custom WAD anywhere on your hard drive, the same with textures and you can also direct TE to a different samples folder. The level file name is currently always set to match the project file name (tut1.prj -> tut1.tr4, level.prj2 -> level.tr4). These settings are always saved with the PRJ2 file, that's why they're called Level Settings. For a different PRJ2 file, you can use different paths.
Right, I understand the custom name thing but the script the TE comes with is the default TRLE script. Not important right now but I thought it was still worth asking.
Opaque79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:13   #54
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
Right, I understand the custom name thing but the script the TE comes with is the default TRLE script. Not important right now but I thought it was still worth asking.
I'm not sure you or I understand You can direct the Game Directory path to any directory which contains the TRLE installation, it doesn't have to be the Game directory shipped with TombEditor. You can duplicate a TRLE installation wherever you wish, so that you can run the game with a different script file in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeniy View Post
I examined the dll from the Native.zip and it worked, thank you! Wow, it works even in my Parallels Desktop VM: img
Ooh, it feels gorgeous, thank you guys, amazing work!
I'm glad, the problem has also highlighted a certain issue with libraries and versions and devs will be wiser thanks to it from now

Quote:
Unfortunately, it doesn't support high-dpi monitors, this is what happens when I enable it: img
But nah, it's not a catastrophe
Ah, I expected that. Does it work correctly if you disable DPI scaling in application properties?

Last edited by Dustie; 14-11-17 at 17:16.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:17   #55
Evgeniy
Hobbyist

Quote:
Ah, I expected that. Does it work correctly if you disable DPI scaling in application properties?
Yes, it's the first screenshot in my last post
And by default, it is disabled
Evgeniy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:23   #56
Opaque79
Archaeologist

Quote:
I'm not sure you or I understand You can direct the Game Directory path to any directory which contains the TRLE installation, it doesn't have to be the Game directory shipped with TombEditor. You can duplicate a TRLE installation wherever you wish, so that you can run the game with a different script file in place.
So TRLE/NGLE can be installed and Tomb Editor can be configured to use the TRLE game files instead of the Tomb Editor game files, so therefore Tomb Editor will use the script files in the TRLE folder it is configured to use. So Tomb Editor can be used to replace the original Room Editor. The misunderstanding was on my end.

In that case, extremely versatile already.

EDIT: Too many so's
Opaque79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:48   #57
Kevin
Explorer

I tried to load one of my old prjs. The speed of this editor is just outstanding. No slow downs even when half the level is shown with lighting and objects.

Unfortunately in one prj the statics are messed up. And one of the wads cannot be loaded at all (btb persia). Texturing and geometry looks alright, though.

I noticed a few features are missing (or maybe hiding?). No Undo and Crack Mode?
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:50   #58
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

This is so cool. Just been playing around with it and I love it so far. I can't wait for it to be fully working with TRNG. The diagonal walls are just... heaven.

Btw Is there an easier way to rotate objects for like 90 degrees? Right clicking doesn't seem to work. I know you can drag rotate but that's in any direction.
Old 14-11-17, 17:53   #59
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
This is so cool. Just been playing around with it and I love it so far. I can't wait for it to be fully working with TRNG. The diagonal walls are just... heaven.

Btw Is there an easier way to rotate objects for like 90 degrees? Right clicking doesn't seem to work. I know you can drag rotate but that's in any direction.
more like be able to rotate the object 45 each click like in the room edit. (Although It's nice to be able to rotate 360 now)
SrDanielPonces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 17:55   #60
MontyTRC
Historian

I've found the problem with statics. It will be solved for tomorrow