Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 07-06-19, 20:21   #31
biscuits

The bow on it's own is harmless. It's just the devs exploiting it for boring rope puzzles. But it controls real good. Why not let the player have more options for combat?
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 20:21   #32
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
One thing we can all agree on is that rope arrows have to GO!!
Agreed. After three games with it, it's time for them to move on. It's run it's course already and they need to change up the formula if future games are going to have any chance against better mechanics. It was already stale in Rise. If they only used it for one game, it wouldn't be so bad, but now it's time to stop. They basically need to ditch most things that's already been kept for too long, like the animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis666 View Post
Thank you.
At this point it's almost just common sense. Some people really seem to want to hold these games back though, and for no good reason.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 20:28   #33
MicheleMouse

It would be okay to me if it's totally optional. But as a main weapon again, that you can't throw away, and the gameplay also requires it - no.
MicheleMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 20:33   #34
malferink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
One thing we can all agree on is that rope arrows have to GO!!
This. I actually really like how the bow feels in combat but the rope arrow stuff is so overdone at this point. She also shouldn't use it as her main weapon in cutscenes and stuff it always seemed a bit silly to use a bow when you have a freaking rifle on you.
malferink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 20:36   #35
AshesBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I disagree To me, it looks badass, and self assured! "Bitch, don't try me. I'll take you down with a piece of wood and rope before you can even blink!"
That sounds like a very forced interpretation to me. Also, pulling a bow on Mathias was what got Lara beat up and captured in Reboot. In my eyes, it's not smart to use a less efficient weapon in a direct confrontation.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 20:45   #36
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
That sounds like a very forced interpretation to me. Also, pulling a bow on Mathias was what got Lara beat up and captured in Reboot. In my eyes, it's not smart to use a less efficient weapon in a direct confrontation.
The part in "" was simply an exaggeration, but I do think it looks badass. It's simply my personal preference. A gun is the first choice of everyone and their mother, and it gameplay wise it feels less engaging to me
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 20:47   #37
norabrave

I love bow and arrow, only complain is because we took so much time for a fire arrow (others arrow types) or upgrade. Hahaha But I want new guns types and powerful bow for TR12.
norabrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 20:53   #38
johnanonymouz

I want both. I want the bow to stay but sideline it a bit cause the game literally forces me to have it out most of the time and I don't like that. Duals are duals, ofc I'd love them but it's okay. I can do without/with both of them tbh.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 21:18   #39
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
This. I actually really like how the bow feels in combat but the rope arrow stuff is so overdone at this point. She also shouldn't use it as her main weapon in cutscenes and stuff it always seemed a bit silly to use a bow when you have a freaking rifle on you.
Yep.

Its actually worse than the pistols in the classics, the Classics have the excuse of the fact you might not actually have any other weapons, you'd probably have to be blind to have only the pistols the whole time but they're always in your inventory and they're infinite.

Every weapon is always in your inventory and the bow isn't infinite, which just makes stuff like using the bow against Matthias in 2013's ending, then being surprised that a storm effects a projectile weapon with travel time that more egregious, it could be a new IP and that scene would still be stupid.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 21:25   #40
tomblover

We can have the bow and the duals, as far as I'm concerned.

Having said that, it has irked me how Lara tends to prefer the bow in cutscenes, to where she frankly looks like an idiot trying to nock an arrow in the same amount of time it would take her to draw her handgun and fire.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote