Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 24-07-21, 19:21   #81
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickASJ View Post
When tr3.exe is run for the first time, it produces two files: config.txt and data.bin.
Does tr3gold.exe behave the same way? If so, could someone please share the data.bin that created by tr3gold.exe?
The data.bin my executable produces is just 84 bytes of 0x00. It's safe to assume that you can simply copy the data.bin from your TR3 installation to the TLA installation.

Just a (very) stupid question: Where do you have TLA installed? Outside of c:\Program Files (x86) is your best bet (C:\Games\TLA for example).

I'm using Arsunt's patch by the way.

Another thing: What sometimes helps is to actually disable DirectSound hardware acceleration in your windows installation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...nd-src-sliders
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 21:40   #82
ErickASJ

Thank you.
I have already tried copying the data.bin file created by tomb3.exe. It did not prevent a crash when trying to load the menu ring.
I have the game installed on a second disk drive, the same where all my TR games are. I am also using the patch created by Arsunt.

Hardware acceleration for DirectSound is no longer available in Windows since Vista. The configuration box that that document mentions does not exist in Windows 10. mmsys.cpl no longer leads you to that box, or I have not found it.
If data.bin is created by tr3gold.exe too, i would appreciate if someone share it. Just to try.

Last edited by ErickASJ; 25-07-21 at 05:10.
ErickASJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-21, 05:25   #83
ANoDE
Golden

Well, there goes my theory. I could have sworn I saw that option somewhere, but you and the internet seem to prove me wrong...

Anyway, here's my config.txt and data.bin:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bhmkmopf1...5OXX_qfqa?dl=0
Old 25-07-21, 17:06   #84
ErickASJ

Thank you. It didn't work but it was another step. However your config.txt has MX set to 1. Is that because you have an Intel processor?

Last edited by ErickASJ; 25-07-21 at 17:59.
Old 25-07-21, 19:46   #85
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickASJ View Post
Thank you. It didn't work but it was another step. However your config.txt has MX set to 1. Is that because you have an Intel processor?
Yes. I do have an Intel processor, so that option doesn't break my installation.
Old 30-07-21, 05:29   #86
ErickASJ

I tried both your files with Suikaze Raider patch and now the game works! Thank you!
Weird: Z-Buffer is set to 16 instead 1. Change it to 1: Still playable.
If I use Arsunt's patch, the game crashes again. Back to Suikaze's.

Last edited by ErickASJ; 30-07-21 at 06:45.
Old 01-08-21, 23:24   #87
ErickASJ

Default Disk installation VS Steam

Greetings. After the previous tests I found this detail: In order to get around the problem of the TR3 TLA menu, you need to get a copy of the config.txt file created by tomb3.exe. However I found that on my system it is only possible if the txt file is generated by the disk version of tomb3.exe. If the file is copied from Steam folders, tr3gold.exe will behave as if it does not exist. In order to actually make it work, I had to add a direct access of this executable to Steam. Now TR3 TLA works correctly. I still don't understand why this happens.