Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 08-09-21, 12:13   #1
Greenapple968

Arrow The Yellow Submersible Returns To Its Original Position (RX Tech Mines)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX-fcCoXoF4

At the minecart junction, there are a total of three minecarts; the upper minecart, middle minecart and lower minecart. The middle minecart leads to the crowbar, which you use to obtain the lead acid battery. The lower minecart leads to the winch starter. The upper minecart leads to the yellow submersible, where you need the lead acid battery and winch starter in order to proceed. To begin with, the submersible is near the surface of the water. Using the lead acid battery and winch start causes the submersible to drop downwards, deeper into the water. It also causes a large medipack to appear inside the submersible, and causes a door to open which you have to swim through in order to complete the level. This video shows us that if you leave on the minecart, then the submersible returns to its original position when you come back. The lead acid battery and winch starter have been used, but the submersible is in its upper position, as if the items haven't been used. The large medipack is also gone, although the door still remains open. This makes the long swim harder to do, since the submersible isn't in its lower position. When it's in its lower position, you can climb up into the submersible and wait for your cold bar to refill. You can still climb up into the submersible when it's high up, but you don't gain an advantage from it due to how far away the door is; the door which leads to the end of the level. Having the submersible return to its original position isn't helpful, so the moral of this story is that it's a bad idea to return to the minecart junction room once the submersible has been lowered.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 15:20   #2
Mek

Surprising! Core must have assumed that no one leaves the area after moving the submersible. At least the underwater door is still open so it's not an epic fail.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 16:53   #3
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
Surprising! Core must have assumed that no one leaves the area after moving the submersible. At least the underwater door is still open so it's not an epic fail.
I think the only reason why someone might leave after lowering the submersible is if they forgot a secret or something like that. Hopefully that won't happen to anyone.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 09:24   #4
perryloo

Interesting about the submarine

I always hated that deep dive swim down there in that level, you had to time it to perfection not to run out of air

And I am talking about me and not Lara, as I used to hold my breathe with that dive
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 07:31   #5
Avalon SARL

I just tried it;

it does get back to its original place.

I think somewhere there is a trigger on one of the floors that brings it back to its place;

I think it is intentional, because CORE did have these unforgivable moments.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote