www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 14-04-15, 23:42   #551
Tear
Tomb Raider

I have a feeling that Cassie has become the newest fan favourite.
Old 15-04-15, 07:05   #552
fondantcookie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babou View Post
I love this game. Like damn this is the best thing that I have played all year. I do feel sorry for people who are getting it on last gen as it's stunning in some places.
It's really good isn't it? Deffo one of the best fighting games I've played in years. And the most fun :-) What faction did you join?

The only thing that's holding it back from being a perfect MK game is the lack of certain key characters as playable. I know the DLC culture is terrible, but i'd pay so much to get RAIN, Smoke, Noob, Cyrax, Sektor and Sindel introduced to the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear View Post
I have a feeling that Cassie has become the newest fan favourite.
With regards to newbies... It breaks down like this for me:

GOOD - These really fit the MK world IMO and all bring something new to the table.
D'Vorah
Ferra/Torr
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn

BAD - There isn't really anything special about them and are similar to a whole host of forgettable characters introduced MK4 onwards...
The four kids. Cassie is fun to play, and the bow and arrow dude is nice. But i'd rather just play as Jax (for Jaquie), Sonya (for Cassie), Kung Lao (bow kid) Kenshi (other one)...hehe.

I know it's all down to personal preference and they can never please everyone, but I'd even prefer Frost, Fujin, Sareena and Bo Rai Cho over these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camera Obscura View Post
iirc, you unlock Faction Kills by leveling up your faction. There's more than one so the more you level up, the more Faction Kills you unlock. However, you can't carry your Faction Kills to another group, so the Lin Kuei FK are only available if you're in the Lin Kuei just like the Special Forces FK are exclusive to the Special Forces, etc.
I performed some Faction Kills lastnight and confirm they are SUPER easy to pull off and don't require to be online. On the "Finish Him" screen you go as far back as you can and enter the command. Usually R2 with two directions...

Simples.

Anyways, happy fatalities everyone

Last edited by fondantcookie; 15-04-15 at 07:11.
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 07:15   #553
jarekhanzelka
Tomb Raider

...Yep, avoid the PC version at all costs if you can. It's incredibly poorly optimised at this point, and I wouldn't hold my breath that's something they'd actually bother working on. How poorly optimised, you ask? Even the beastiest of PCs, which can run GTA5 at 60fps1080p with max settings, struggle like hell with this game. Not fun.
Old 15-04-15, 10:00   #554
Nemo_91
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
...Yep, avoid the PC version at all costs if you can. It's incredibly poorly optimised at this point, and I wouldn't hold my breath that's something they'd actually bother working on. How poorly optimised, you ask? Even the beastiest of PCs, which can run GTA5 at 60fps1080p with max settings, struggle like hell with this game. Not fun.
Looks like I'll just stick to MK9 then.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 11:07   #555
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I actually dislike Cassie, I think she's very overrated and just not impressive at all.

I squeeled when 'Frost made an appearance, I miss her'
Old 15-04-15, 13:34   #556
ozzman
Tomb Raider

selling my 3DS for this game today, i just can't wait anymore, my next pay would be in may and i just don't want to wait that long XD , this game looks amazing , and i'm glad the fatalities are alot better looking and more practical than the ones in MK9 [Jax smashing their head and then ripping arms off , stupid details like that] , Kung Lao and Kano have some of my favorite Fatalities i've seen so far, i NEED this game XD
Old 15-04-15, 13:39   #557
Babou
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantcookie View Post
It's really good isn't it? Deffo one of the best fighting games I've played in years. And the most fun :-) What faction did you join?

The only thing that's holding it back from being a perfect MK game is the lack of certain key characters as playable. I know the DLC culture is terrible, but i'd pay so much to get RAIN, Smoke, Noob, Cyrax, Sektor and Sindel introduced to the game...
I joined Black Dragon (I think that's what they're called) as Mileena is associated with them. My game kept on crashing as well when I pressed triangle over the different factions so I wanted to choose one ASAP so I could get into the game without it crashing. That is the only point in the game where it has crashed thus far though.

Rain is in game and you have to fight against him so I wouldn't be surprised if he's in a second wave of DLC characters. It's stingy but fighting games work best with most modern DLC models.
Old 15-04-15, 13:45   #558
Dia2blo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantcookie View Post

With regards to newbies... It breaks down like this for me:

GOOD - These really fit the MK world IMO and all bring something new to the table.
D'Vorah
Ferra/Torr
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn

BAD - There isn't really anything special about them and are similar to a whole host of forgettable characters introduced MK4 onwards...
The four kids. Cassie is fun to play, and the bow and arrow dude is nice. But i'd rather just play as Jax (for Jaquie), Sonya (for Cassie), Kung Lao (bow kid) Kenshi (other one)...hehe.

I know it's all down to personal preference and they can never please everyone, but I'd even prefer Frost, Fujin, Sareena and Bo Rai Cho over these.

I performed some Faction Kills lastnight and confirm they are SUPER easy to pull off and don't require to be online. On the "Finish Him" screen you go as far back as you can and enter the command. Usually R2 with two directions...

Simples.

Anyways, happy fatalities everyone
Sounds like you have a preference for bad guys?

I'm actually enjoying the four 'kids', it's refreshing to have some good guys that haven't been 'corrupted' in any way yet. Kung Jin is my favourite.
Old 15-04-15, 15:17   #559
fondantcookie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babou View Post
Rain is in game and you have to fight against him so I wouldn't be surprised if he's in a second wave of DLC characters. It's stingy but fighting games work best with most modern DLC models.
My Jaw hit the floor when I fought Rain. He looked amazing in his new model. Even if it was his MK9 moveset.

If they've gone to the effort of making in-fight character models for Rain, Baraka, Sindel etc then i'm hoping it's a sign that these may come as DLC. Tanya is giving me hope for that...

I really wouldn't mind paying for them to be honest so i'm not one of these DLC haters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia2blo View Post
Sounds like you have a preference for bad guys?

I'm actually enjoying the four 'kids', it's refreshing to have some good guys that haven't been 'corrupted' in any way yet. Kung Jin is my favourite.
Hehe I didn't actually notice thay

I don't HATE the "kids" and I grew to enjoy Cassie and Kung Jin. Cassie for her attitude, Kung Jin for a Nightwolf replacement and for his backstory ([color=white]Gay?[/color). I just don't think we need them in their if we have their parents on the main roster. This isn't about relations or anything like that it's more down to movesets with the kids playing similar to the adults which reduces the 'uniqueness'. I felt the same when we got Frost and Ashra etc who were just female versions of Sub Zero and Raiden.

I would've rather had four classic characters revamped or four new "interesting" characters. It's only a minor gripe and it's not ruining the game for me. I actually really LOVED story mode so I can't dislike them *that* much :-)

Last edited by fondantcookie; 15-04-15 at 15:22.
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-15, 18:32   #560
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Aw, Shujinko get's a mention. I'm happy they still acknowledge him .