www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-06-20, 13:12   #1
Tombcool
Professor
 
Tombcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,864
Default Ziggurat Interactive Purchases BloodRayne Series

.... and they are working on remasters of the games plus a further sequel .

Details here:
https://venturebeat.com/2020/06/15/b...D95zYx5QUHqwks
Tombcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-20, 13:28   #2
Mani_Man
Professor
 
Mani_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 4,187
Default

Never heard of them and dont really have a lot of faith after googling, but who knows.

I didnt even knew who had the Rights to BloodRayne.
But damn a reboot would be cool.
We have way too less vampire games.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-20, 19:50   #3
tomblover
Tomb Raider
 
tomblover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 24,985
Default

The way I had a complete meltdown when I saw these news yesterday...

I'm a little skeptical as to how they would make a (successful) sequel in this day and age, though - unless they went back to the franchise's origins as a Nocturne sequel, and dialed back on the kind of, early 00s edginess, which arguably loses the point of how a BloodRayne game is meant to feel.

At any rate, I'm very happy to hear that we're getting remasters of the first two games, if nothing else.
__________________
Passion and love and sex and money; violence, religion, injustice and death."

Last edited by tomblover; 16-06-20 at 19:51.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-20, 09:36   #4
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,959
Default

This sounds great! Especially BloodRayne 1 would benefit greatly from better graphics since it didn't age all that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
I'm a little skeptical as to how they would make a (successful) sequel in this day and age, though - unless they went back to the franchise's origins as a Nocturne sequel, and dialed back on the kind of, early 00s edginess, which arguably loses the point of how a BloodRayne game is meant to feel.
Why wouldn't it work? During the last few years games went back to being more colourful, fast paced and over the top (e.g. Sunset Overdrive, the new Doom games and the plethora of throwback shooters like DUSK, Amid Evil, Iron Fury etc.), so now is a perfect time for BloodRayne remasters.
__________________
Never forget: Gameplay is king!
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-20, 16:35   #5
tomblover
Tomb Raider
 
tomblover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 24,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Why wouldn't it work? During the last few years games went back to being more colourful, fast paced and over the top (e.g. Sunset Overdrive, the new Doom games and the plethora of throwback shooters like DUSK, Amid Evil, Iron Fury etc.), so now is a perfect time for BloodRayne remasters.
That's true - and I agree, for what it's worth, but I was more getting at the non-PC nature of a lot of the aesthetics, and the sorts of reactions that would garner from gaming journalists who need clicks...

The question is whether or not Ziggurat cares about that at all. To be clear, I don't think they should (have to), but if they do, they've got a fine line to walk...

Then again, Rayne is a very self-aware character, so they could probably play off of that, or just stick her in a more beta-style outfit and tone down the moaning as she feeds.

I mean, personally, I would love for them to just say "**** it, here's your power fantasy about slaughtering nazis in a leather corset," and let us have at it.

I think playing up that angle (as opposed to "look at the vampire titties," which BR1 and BR2 were pretty guilty of ) would let them get away with more, where all of the juvenile humour is concerned.

"Don't worry, they do wonders with prosthetics these days!" et cetera.
__________________
Passion and love and sex and money; violence, religion, injustice and death."
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-20, 17:02   #6
Love2Raid
Tomb Raider
 
Love2Raid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 20,521
Default

Some things should just stay in the past. BloodRayne is one of them.
__________________
Itís just an opinion, you donít have to agree. Į\_(ツ)_/Į
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-20, 05:08   #7
robm_2007
Legend
 
robm_2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: RIP, Spong! You are very missed!
Posts: 34,889
Default

Remakes, sure. Remaster? Ew, gross. Who needs a game that was 240p upscaled to 480p and costing more than the original, even with inflation?
__________________
SERENlTY NOW
robm_2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-20, 08:28   #8
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
That's true - and I agree, for what it's worth, but I was more getting at the non-PC nature of a lot of the aesthetics, and the sorts of reactions that would garner from gaming journalists who need clicks...

The question is whether or not Ziggurat cares about that at all. To be clear, I don't think they should (have to), but if they do, they've got a fine line to walk...

Then again, Rayne is a very self-aware character, so they could probably play off of that, or just stick her in a more beta-style outfit and tone down the moaning as she feeds.

I mean, personally, I would love for them to just say "**** it, here's your power fantasy about slaughtering nazis in a leather corset," and let us have at it.

I think playing up that angle (as opposed to "look at the vampire titties," which BR1 and BR2 were pretty guilty of ) would let them get away with more, where all of the juvenile humour is concerned.

"Don't worry, they do wonders with prosthetics these days!" et cetera.
Eh, they'll probably keep the skimpy outfit and moaning. BloodRayne Betrayal had Ranye in her usual outfit with no one complaining about that and there's a lot of juvenile humour in modern games like Saints Row and not many people get upset about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Remakes, sure. Remaster? Ew, gross. Who needs a game that was 240p upscaled to 480p and costing more than the original, even with inflation?
Remasters can have better graphics, sounds and controls. It's only the lazy ones that only get upscaled and nothing more. Also why would it be upscaled to 480p? That's not how remasters work. Those games can already run at higher resolutions on PC, so the remasters can surely run natively at 1080p or even 4k.
__________________
Never forget: Gameplay is king!
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.