www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 27-10-18, 00:32   #6051
Grimaldi
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
Furthermore what part of the game was this cut from? My guess is the ending after Heather kills God, turns around and looks back.
Yeah, IIRC there’s an official making of video with Team Silent that showed the ending but kept the crying sound effect in. It makes sense; the cult’s god is eternal, right? It manifested to give Harry a part of itself inside a new born (making Alessa then the “daughter” of god), so it probably appeared in some form, likely another baby, as it died at Heather’s hands.

Makes you wonder what really happened.
Old 27-10-18, 01:58   #6052
New Dwight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Yeah, IIRC there’s an official making of video with Team Silent that showed the ending but kept the crying sound effect in. It makes sense; the cult’s god is eternal, right? It manifested to give Harry a part of itself inside a new born (making Alessa then the “daughter” of god), so it probably appeared in some form, likely another baby, as it died at Heather’s hands.

So they cut the this out because it would potentially leave for unanswered questions if God really died, and would beacon for a sequel. That or leave a perma-mystery.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 14:41   #6053
SilentRain
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post

Dang, I didn't know this. That's quite wonderfully disturbing. Makes me wonder why they cut it out?
Old 28-10-18, 16:14   #6054
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRain View Post
Dang, I didn't know this. That's quite wonderfully disturbing. Makes me wonder why they cut it out?
Tolerance toward violence was definitely lower in the 2000s. For instance, we get to see the Fukuro Lady really really briefly (and partly) in SH3 because back then it was still "too much"... When it's nothing compared to what we face today in medias. People were more sensitive.

So the idea, or even the suggestion, that a baby is killed in a video game was probably too much. They played safe, even if it meant affecting the artistic integrity.

Makes me wonder how Outlast would look like had it been released 20 years ago.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-18, 23:06   #6055
New Dwight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Tolerance toward violence was definitely lower in the 2000s. For instance, we get to see the Fukuro Lady really really briefly (and partly) in SH3 because back then it was still "too much"... When it's nothing compared to what we face today in medias. People were more sensitive.

So the idea, or even the suggestion, that a baby is killed in a video game was probably too much. They played safe, even if it meant affecting the artistic integrity.

Makes me wonder how Outlast would look like had it been released 20 years ago.
We see a lot more of Lady, Fukuro in the DVD...
So that's the distressing baby crying? It was getting killed eh? Or rebirth of god, signalling this is never over.
In a weird way I'm kinda glad it wasn't included, not sure my heart could take hearing that baby cry like that every replay.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-18, 12:01   #6056
dcw123
Relic Hunter

I guess they maybe just wanted the trilogy originally and that was it - if they kept the ending open like that... who knows what would have happened.

I do miss the older style - not the now infamous cliche that every sequel did after that which was basically 'copy/paste SH2, town is evil, repressed memories etc etc'
I guess there was only so much they could do with the Order storyline anyway.

The Shepard's Glen Cult from SHH was interesting - a sect which left the Order and moved away - it still kept the main 'SH' stuff intact even if it did heavily borrow from the terrible movie.
I would love to see SH1 remade properly - not including the spin off SHSM - which was ironically an alternate timeline based off of the Bad Ending SH1.

P.T looked so promising - so sad to see that never got redone or refunctioned into another SH project
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote