www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 27-11-20, 14:07   #3451
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Still got a long way to go on my second grounded playthrough.

I made it past the first group of Seraphites easily enough I just ran past them and ran like hell to the nearby apartment building it was the next group of Seraphites that were much more difficult to get past, they were all too close to each other and almost always spotted me killing one of them.

It took me nearly a hour to reach a checkpoint in the same area due to their repeatedly killing me either individually or ganging up on me.

I eventually took them all out as there were supplies in the area that I didn't want to leave behind.

Getting through that area wasn't that hard the first time, the second time it was infuriating it's like the game decided to be a and said it, grounded difficulty isn't hard enough for what is obviously a TLOU veteran let's throw in a difficulty spike to him off, some areas are harder than others but that particular section was ridiculous.

It's not like I went Rambo on the Seraphites I took out as many as possible through stealth attacks there was almost always one or two that would sneak up on me and score a lucky shot.

I ran past the next group of Seraphites without bothering to fight them and killed all the Seraphites that followed me to the area outside the abandoned cosmetics store.

Up next the big guy with the hammer in the abandoned cosmetics store, luckily I have a smoke trap bomb to quickly take him out, he was hard enough to kill on my first grounded playthrough due to the group of Seraphites outside the abandoned cosmetics store, trying to kill that guy while keeping an eye on their precise locations was challenging.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:12   #3452
Tsarina
Historian

Iím currently on Seattle Day 2 with Ellie on grounded and had to stop for a bit. Iím at the part where itís Ellie alone and sheís looking for Tommy. The part with all the WLF around and theyíre with their dogs and several houses around. Hard as ****. Iím stuck downstairs in one of the buildings and have no clue what to do and how to get past them. Ugh.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:35   #3453
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
Iím currently on Seattle Day 2 with Ellie on grounded and had to stop for a bit. Iím at the part where itís Ellie alone and sheís looking for Tommy. The part with all the WLF around and theyíre with their dogs and several houses around. Hard as ****. Iím stuck downstairs in one of the buildings and have no clue what to do and how to get past them. Ugh.
You've made it to Hillcrest that area gave me a lot of trouble the first time I died several times there, the second time through not so much trouble I only died twice, try stealth attacks as much as possible and when you are behind a bad guy creep forward very slowly and don't push so hard on the left stick doing so makes Ellie move too fast and only tips them off that you are there then press Triangle to grab them for a stealth kill and try and do it when they are not near each other, the less they are aware of your presence the better.

I forget if this is ahead of you or behind you at some point during Hillcrest you'll see a door blocked by a 4 wheeled bin behind a building do not open that door it's not worth it there are 4 or 5 infected in there and only 1 item worth picking up, I scanned the area behind the door to see if it was worth going in there and it isn't, it's not worth wasting what few resources you have when the reward is so small.

I'm at the hospital now those don't know where I am this time I'm going to take them all out then take any supplies lying around, the last time I killed a few then ran for the door to the next part of the hospital leaving the supplies behind.

I assume that you have been hoarding as much stuff in your inventory as possible I've got 1 petrol bomb, 3 smoke bombs, 2 smoke trap bombs, some explosive arrows, varying amounts of bullets for my guns and various stuff for crafting, save the explosive arrows, petrol bombs and smoke bombs and smoke trap bombs for the pain in the neck Bloater in Seattle, that'll be the toughest challenge you will face on grounded until you get to The Rat King which I imagine will be significantly harder to kill than a Bloater.

Have you found lots of crafting materials and other supplies while playing on grounded, on my first grounded playthrough I rarely found anything of value and bad guys rarely dropped anything worth using, after restarting from the beginning because of the aforementioned Bloater I find that the game is more generous in giving me supplies this time compared to my last playthrough.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote