www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 27-11-20, 14:07   #3451
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Still got a long way to go on my second grounded playthrough.

I made it past the first group of Seraphites easily enough I just ran past them and ran like hell to the nearby apartment building it was the next group of Seraphites that were much more difficult to get past, they were all too close to each other and almost always spotted me killing one of them.

It took me nearly a hour to reach a checkpoint in the same area due to their repeatedly killing me either individually or ganging up on me.

I eventually took them all out as there were supplies in the area that I didn't want to leave behind.

Getting through that area wasn't that hard the first time, the second time it was infuriating it's like the game decided to be a and said it, grounded difficulty isn't hard enough for what is obviously a TLOU veteran let's throw in a difficulty spike to him off, some areas are harder than others but that particular section was ridiculous.

It's not like I went Rambo on the Seraphites I took out as many as possible through stealth attacks there was almost always one or two that would sneak up on me and score a lucky shot.

I ran past the next group of Seraphites without bothering to fight them and killed all the Seraphites that followed me to the area outside the abandoned cosmetics store.

Up next the big guy with the hammer in the abandoned cosmetics store, luckily I have a smoke trap bomb to quickly take him out, he was hard enough to kill on my first grounded playthrough due to the group of Seraphites outside the abandoned cosmetics store, trying to kill that guy while keeping an eye on their precise locations was challenging.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 16:12   #3452
Tsarina
Explorer

Im currently on Seattle Day 2 with Ellie on grounded and had to stop for a bit. Im at the part where its Ellie alone and shes looking for Tommy. The part with all the WLF around and theyre with their dogs and several houses around. Hard as ****. Im stuck downstairs in one of the buildings and have no clue what to do and how to get past them. Ugh.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-20, 18:35   #3453
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
Im currently on Seattle Day 2 with Ellie on grounded and had to stop for a bit. Im at the part where its Ellie alone and shes looking for Tommy. The part with all the WLF around and theyre with their dogs and several houses around. Hard as ****. Im stuck downstairs in one of the buildings and have no clue what to do and how to get past them. Ugh.
You've made it to Hillcrest that area gave me a lot of trouble the first time I died several times there, the second time through not so much trouble I only died twice, try stealth attacks as much as possible and when you are behind a bad guy creep forward very slowly and don't push so hard on the left stick doing so makes Ellie move too fast and only tips them off that you are there then press Triangle to grab them for a stealth kill and try and do it when they are not near each other, the less they are aware of your presence the better.

I forget if this is ahead of you or behind you at some point during Hillcrest you'll see a door blocked by a 4 wheeled bin behind a building do not open that door it's not worth it there are 4 or 5 infected in there and only 1 item worth picking up, I scanned the area behind the door to see if it was worth going in there and it isn't, it's not worth wasting what few resources you have when the reward is so small.

I'm at the hospital now those don't know where I am this time I'm going to take them all out then take any supplies lying around, the last time I killed a few then ran for the door to the next part of the hospital leaving the supplies behind.

I assume that you have been hoarding as much stuff in your inventory as possible I've got 1 petrol bomb, 3 smoke bombs, 2 smoke trap bombs, some explosive arrows, varying amounts of bullets for my guns and various stuff for crafting, save the explosive arrows, petrol bombs and smoke bombs and smoke trap bombs for the pain in the neck Bloater in Seattle, that'll be the toughest challenge you will face on grounded until you get to The Rat King which I imagine will be significantly harder to kill than a Bloater.

Have you found lots of crafting materials and other supplies while playing on grounded, on my first grounded playthrough I rarely found anything of value and bad guys rarely dropped anything worth using, after restarting from the beginning because of the aforementioned Bloater I find that the game is more generous in giving me supplies this time compared to my last playthrough.
Old 01-12-20, 16:58   #3454
Tsarina
Explorer

So I ended up just running past all the people in Hillcrest ha, so I was able to get past that part.

I am now currently at the section right before Ellie gets beaten up by a stalker and thrown into the water before the Seraphites section.

I am stuck and screwed haha. There are stalkers everywhere and a GD clicker in that area leading to the door and I am able to kill like 5 of them but then I get killed by the last two. Sigh.

I am so glad I took your advice of not doing Grounded and Permadeath my god hahaha.

I have found few supplies. I mean at first it felt like I was getting a lot, and then suddenly it seemed like there was nothing anywhere I looked
Old 02-12-20, 15:50   #3455
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
So I ended up just running past all the people in Hillcrest ha, so I was able to get past that part.

I am now currently at the section right before Ellie gets beaten up by a stalker and thrown into the water before the Seraphites section.

I am stuck and screwed haha. There are stalkers everywhere and a GD clicker in that area leading to the door and I am able to kill like 5 of them but then I get killed by the last two. Sigh.

I am so glad I took your advice of not doing Grounded and Permadeath my god hahaha.

I have found few supplies. I mean at first it felt like I was getting a lot, and then suddenly it seemed like there was nothing anywhere I looked
I don't remember how I made it past the part with the Clicker and the stalkers I think I stealth killed the Clicker and I may have most likely beaten the Stalkers to death.

It was the first group of Stalkers in that large office area that were a bit more challenging to get past, they tended to gang up on me a lot more than the second lot of Stalkers.

When you make it to the sewers which is right after where you are now you will see a locked door to the left of the door jump into the water and swim under the gate to get to the other side of the door, beware there is an infected in there that will ambush you but it's worth it to get whatever is in there.

I made it past the Seattle Bloater it was much easier this time round 1 trap mine to slow him down while I run off to put some distance between me and the Bloater, 4 explosive arrows and 2 petrol bombs and bye bye Bloater, to quote Ellie brick master, I died twice once because of a Runner and the second death was my fault after killing the Bloater I threw a petrol bomb at a runner and set myself on fire.

If you have everything I used to kill the Bloater you'll be fine if not good luck you'll need it.

I have a very useful tip for you after you get the boat, while driving around in it you'll eventually hear several gunshots you'll know when as you will see a wrecked train up ahead, go around the left side of the train and park the boat behind it then get out and lay down flat in the grass at the base of the train and if you have enough sniper rifle rounds fire at one of the guys who you will be easily able to see from your position preferably aiming for his head then wait one by one all but one of them will emerge from their hideout where you can easily kill them, then go in and stealth kill the last one.

This will be right before the fight with the Seattle Bloater so save everything you have for that fight.

Don't worry about being spotted while they will be alerted to your presence they won't know your exact location, no need to go storming in like Rambo to kill them all use their lack of intelligence against them and pick them off one by one as they leave their hideout to look for you.

I had 7 sniper rifle rounds which was more than enough to kill those stupid idiots, there's 5 max and they are easily dealt with if you use their lack of intelligence against them.
Old 02-12-20, 16:12   #3456
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:

This is one of the bits I'm dreading doing on grounded mode (when I finally get back to it). I find those stalkers a nightmare anyway because they're so stealthy and then pounce on you from different sides, but yeah, managing to get 5 of them is amazing on grounded.

I was hoping that when I got to that bit that I'd somehow be able to sneak past them all but they're everywhere if I remember correctly?
Old 02-12-20, 16:38   #3457
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
This is one of the bits I'm dreading doing on grounded mode (when I finally get back to it). I find those stalkers a nightmare anyway because they're so stealthy and then pounce on you from different sides, but yeah, managing to get 5 of them is amazing on grounded.

I was hoping that when I got to that bit that I'd somehow be able to sneak past them all but they're everywhere if I remember correctly?
I managed to get all of the first group of Stalkers in that large office area, It took a few attempts but I managed it, the best way to try and kill them would be to back yourself into a corner with an escape route just in case things go wrong and you need to run away then try and get the Stalkers to run towards you preferably towards a smoke trap bomb if you have one, if that doesn't work try stealth killing the Stalkers or just running away and finding the way out, whatever works.
Old 02-12-20, 17:16   #3458
Tsarina
Explorer

Finally got past the part but now I have like 0 supplies for the Serphites that are going to be coming up soon. Lordy. I have like one trip bomb. Wish me luck ha.

I do not even want to think about the part playing as Abby when she is alone while Lev and Yara try to open the door for her and you are left in that tight area with runners and clickers. smh.
Old 03-12-20, 14:05   #3459
lance6439
Legend

YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

edit: nvm lmfaoooooo just a abby trailer

Last edited by lance6439; 03-12-20 at 14:14.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 14:15   #3460
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

I almost thought this was new DLC lol. I feel they should do a game cover for Abby too. Have one with her on there how they did with Ellie.