www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 29-09-20, 19:12   #3351
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
I've just started the game on grounded difficulty without permadeath are there any parts of the game that might cause me the most trouble?

Bloaters will undoubtedly be among the more difficult of the infected to kill and so will the bloaters cousin the shambler and the infected hybrid in the hospital in Abby's section of the game.
So far I only played Ellie's part, and honestly after playing with hard mode, I'm kinda used with the "high" difficulty. In my opinion, the hardest parts are where there are the infected people. The clickers hear you so easy it's impossible. The wolves sometimes are big ****, but whenever they spot you, just run very far, crawl a lot until they stop seeing you. Sometimes I restart checkpoint because i missed one or two bullets.

and one big tip, especially with seraphites: you don't have to kill everyone. sometimes I kill a few that are necessary, but there's just not loot that will be worth the ammo or time i'm spending to kill them. byyyyyye!
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-20, 15:27   #3352
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

^I haven't played through grounded yet (just at the start) but for me the worst in this game are the dogs, hate those dogs sniffing me out. Followed by the scars grouping together and whistling, hate that noise, knowing they're communicating my position to each other.

I felt the runners and infected were quite played down this game (apart from the Abby hospital encounter of course).

----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
26:54 and onward

LMAOOO
I watched his playthrough of TLOU1 years ago and loved it. You just reminded me that I need to see his TLOU2 playthrough. Thanks.
Old 30-09-20, 17:36   #3353
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
So far I only played Ellie's part, and honestly after playing with hard mode, I'm kinda used with the "high" difficulty. In my opinion, the hardest parts are where there are the infected people. The clickers hear you so easy it's impossible. The wolves sometimes are big ****, but whenever they spot you, just run very far, crawl a lot until they stop seeing you. Sometimes I restart checkpoint because i missed one or two bullets.

and one big tip, especially with seraphites: you don't have to kill everyone. sometimes I kill a few that are necessary, but there's just not loot that will be worth the ammo or time i'm spending to kill them. byyyyyye!
It's the runners that have proven challenging so far the speed at which they kill is unreal the clickers were a little easier to handle than the runners, I'm dreading fighting the infected hybrid, the bloaters and the shamblers.

I'm not too far on grounded I'm at the part where Ellie and Dina left for Seattle.

I'm going to do what I did in the previous game stick to stealth gameplay as much as possible take out as many enemies as possible using sneak attacks, run like hell and regroup if detected, that's what I did throughout the previous game it was especially effective at St Mary's Hospital.

@Blackmoor I forgot about the dogs they attacked me so many times during my first playthrough that I felt like I was in The Hunger Games.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-20, 18:49   #3354
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post

@Blackmoor I forgot about the dogs they attacked me so many times during my first playthrough that I felt like I was in The Hunger Games.
Lol. Whenever I saw or heard them they freaked me out.

When we switch to Abby later in the game I think we were supposed to reflect on how differently we felt about them because now they were our friends and helpers. But it didn't work for me, I appreciated their help but remained very detached from them.

If we'd played as Abby first though I'd probably have cried buckets at having to kill dogs I'd gotten to know.
Old 30-09-20, 21:14   #3355
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

When I first encountered the dogs! I was in shambles lol, I could hear them but didn’t know where they would come from, on top of the WLF trying to kill me at the same time. I could not lol.
Old 01-10-20, 02:14   #3356
Mr GaGa
Relic Hunter

Amidst all of the hate this game has gotten, I have not seen one person observe that Ellie writes poetry and songs in her notebook. She's an artist and I think she could very well be a writer in part 3 since she can't play guitar anymore
Old 01-10-20, 02:22   #3357
lance6439
Legend

these past few weeks ive been seeing people say things along the lines of how they didn't play it and watched gameplay footage/reviews to come to a conclusion of THEIR own opinion...to finally admit that there's a difference between watching a review and playing the game. The story is amazing and deserves GOTY. The backlash only came from Joel dying, lies about how Ellie was being hunted from a homophobic christian group, lies about Abby being trans and Anita being cited as influence for this game

its a masterpiece
Old 01-10-20, 02:36   #3358
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

And it’s funny how it’s the total opposite. I believe soon as people found out Joel died, they flipped the story to make it look bad all because a favorite character of theirs was killed. Abby was definitely not transphobic, she was the opposite and the Scars was just crazy and hunting down everybody aside from their own. I never read any of the leaks and I am so glad I didn’t lol. I enjoy this game so much and the story is good.
Old 01-10-20, 03:03   #3359
lance6439
Legend

im going to act the same way if Abby/Lev/Ellie/Dina die in the next game
Old 01-10-20, 03:21   #3360
Mr GaGa
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
these past few weeks ive been seeing people say things along the lines of how they didn't play it and watched gameplay footage/reviews to come to a conclusion of THEIR own opinion...to finally admit that there's a difference between watching a review and playing the game. The story is amazing and deserves GOTY. The backlash only came from Joel dying, lies about how Ellie was being hunted from a homophobic christian group, lies about Abby being trans and Anita being cited as influence for this game

its a masterpiece
It should get story telling awards and game of the year but unfortunately considering how many people hate the game because of Joel dying I feel like everyone will vote against TLOU2 just to spite the game and to ensure it does not win anything