www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 10-11-20, 23:27   #3431
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
Yeah I definitely said F it and quit while I wasn't too far ahead haha. Taking your suggestions about doing them separately.

Doing Very Light mode first with Permadeath Chapter Replay and then I will tackle Grounded.
My advice play as stealthily as possible and save everything you have for the Bloater in Seattle especially Molotov's, smoke trap bombs if you have them and if you can craft them explosive arrows, regular arrows are useless I tried using them they were so useless I might as well have thrown matchsticks at the Bloater.

Ignore the other infected unless they get in your way and focus solely on the Bloater he is the biggest threat and the hardest part of the game up to and including that part.

See the tips I posted on page 341 and don't be afraid to run if necessary that's how I made it out of the TV station, luckily I was able to dodge all incoming enemy weapons fire while running away, sometimes it's better to cut and run rather than waste the few items you have.

The one difference I noticed between my previous attempted grounded playthrough and my current one is that the game seems to be more generous in giving me resources for crafting this time compared to the previous playthrough in which the game gave me very few resources.

When fighting the Bloater in Seattle do not stop to craft anything doing so results in instant death, do all necessary crafting beforehand.

Doing grounded on permadeath and dying when Abby is trying to balance herself when she's really high up with Lev would annoy me especially as Abby can suddenly fall to her death very quickly sometimes before I get a chance to react in time to try and stop her from falling, even more annoying would be if Ellie died fighting Abby at the end of the game on permadeath, but that'll never happen as no-one would ever make it that far on grounded and permadeath.

I did see a video of someone melee killing the Seattle Bloater, I tried it myself just to see if it was possible, I do not recommend melee killing the Bloater just keep your distance at all times.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 14:58   #3432
lance6439
Legend

she finally cosplayed

Old 11-11-20, 15:15   #3433
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

She looks amazing omg
Old 11-11-20, 15:16   #3434
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

oof! slay
Old 11-11-20, 15:32   #3435
Tsarina
Explorer

Noticed that on her IG, her and the girl who Dinah was face modeled after. I think the arms a bit exaggerated hehe, but she rocked it.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 22:45   #3436
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

That is amazing!!! She is so beautiful.
Old 12-11-20, 14:37   #3437
lance6439
Legend

would of loved to seen weapons like these

Old 13-11-20, 13:15   #3438
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

@lance3649 those weapons don't really fit in with The Last Of Us, weapons like that are more at home in Skyrim.

The Last Of Us is set in the not so distant future not the 1500s or whenever weapons like that were in use, close quarters combat is not a good idea against some of the infected like Clickers, Bloaters and Shamblers or some of the human enemies like the big guys with hammers.
Old 15-11-20, 02:59   #3439
robm_2007
Legend

They look like medieval marital aids.

If there had been a section in a museum, where you could use weapons from an exhibit, sure! But they don't look fitting for the game, if they were just lying around.
Old 20-11-20, 18:05   #3440
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I'm slowly making my way through the game having had to restart my grounded playthrough because of the bloater in Seattle, I'm sticking to melee combat when possible and using Dina as a distraction to kill infected more easily.

Question for anyone that made it past the bloater in Seattle, are there any sections that are challenging to get through like when Abby and Lev are in the hotel and they temporarily split up so she can get Lev a mask.

I'm hoarding as much stuff as I can for the fight with the bloater, luckily the game seems to be more generous in giving me supplies for crafting this time compared to my previous grounded playthrough.

I didn't bother fighting the first two clickers in the courthouse just the one runner I stealthily killed after sneaking past the first clicker then letting the second clicker get far enough away before sneaking through the door, I only did that after restarting the encounter after killing the infected and finding out that there was nothing to scavenge in all the other rooms, the only thing I recall picking up was a scissors and maybe a roll of tape.

It's also worth paying a visit to the bank in Seattle which I didn't do the first time as I thought it wasn't worth going in there, it is definitely worth paying a visit as there is more than enough stuff in there to justify a visit and getting out is easier than getting in the clickers on the way like all clickers on grounded difficulty pose a challenge and are the biggest threat in the early stages of the game, a clicker and a runner appear after leaving the bank's vault ignore the clicker and stealth kill the runner then leave.

I couldn't imagine doing permadeath on grounded the game would be over very quickly if I did that it would have sucked managing to make it to the section where Abby is really high up in the air and falling to her death especially as Abby can sometimes very suddenly fall to her death.