www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 24-11-20, 11:32   #3441
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I thought this was a nice picture that Neil D has as his twitter banner.

Now that things are quietening down a little, I wonder what's next for this franchise. I wonder if we'll get a TLOU3.

I wouldn't mind some dlc, Lost Legacy length, maybe see what happens when Abby meets the fireflies. Or some of Joel's and Tommy's backstory, maybe why they fell out.

I just feel like we waited so long between the first game and this one, that we kind of need some sort of dlc to provide us with further closure whilst we wait the long wait for the next one. If there is a next one.

And, I'm not a multi-player gamer so that won't tide me over, although I think that's probably coming soon.
Old 24-11-20, 12:15   #3442
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I think they’re focusing on the multiplayer for now, that’s not to say a little team is working on a DLC. I hope they do, I mean I wasn’t expecting the first game to have a single player DLC yet we got Left Behind.

As for LoU3, I do hope they make one but then I’d want them to stop after the third. As much as I love the games I wouldn’t want them to over do it. So a nice little trilogy with a few storyline DLC’s to finish up a for story points and I’d be happy.
Old 24-11-20, 13:53   #3443
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I've made it to Seattle day 2 on my second grounded playthrough.

Getting through Hillcrest was a lot easier this time compared to the last time I only died twice this time compared to the last time where I must have died 50 times before making it past Hillcrest.

Either I just got lucky or the human enemy AI has been dumbed down for my second playthrough also the game appears to be more generous in giving me supplies and ammo in this playthrough compared to my last attempted playthrough where there was hardly any items to find wherever I went and it could sometimes be up to two hours before I would find anything of value.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 14:29   #3444
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I think they’re focusing on the multiplayer for now, that’s not to say a little team is working on a DLC. I hope they do, I mean I wasn’t expecting the first game to have a single player DLC yet we got Left Behind.

As for LoU3, I do hope they make one but then I’d want them to stop after the third. As much as I love the games I wouldn’t want them to over do it. So a nice little trilogy with a few storyline DLC’s to finish up a for story points and I’d be happy.
Yeah, I think a trilogy is a good idea and with ND, I don't expect they'll carry on with it indefinitely.

It's weird though because the world they've created, with the fungal infection, seems so real, as if it all really happened. And I feel an interest in knowing more about it - beyond Joel and Ellie's portion of it, or even the time period it's set in.

But I don't ever want it to become tired, so 3 or 4 is probably the max it should do.

One thing they said about the multi-player game is that it won't be part of TLOU2, so I'm assuming that means it's not going to be free dlc for the game, and that they're going to market it separately???

If they do, I think they'll need something bigger than the usual multi-player and that might mean a separate and new storyline???

I don't know, would anyone buy the multi-player element without something extra like a new story?
Old 24-11-20, 17:13   #3445
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Oh I didn’t know the multiplayer was a stand-alone thing, I thought they were going to patch it in. Perhaps they could entice us with some extra story modes included within it. Either way, I’d be happy with a Joel expansion somewhere, I missed him in this game.

I feel like this is what they tried to do with the second, let us see the world through someone else’s eyes. Abby, Lev, Owen ect. So I could see the third instalment revolving around other characters aswell as ending Ellie’s storyline. I doubt they’d bring back Abby with the backlash she faced and if they did bring her back, I can’t see Laura returning.
Old 24-11-20, 18:22   #3446
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

I would love for Naughty Dog to make a Jurassic Park game. They would absolutely smash it.
Old 24-11-20, 19:03   #3447
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiro1989 View Post
I would love for Naughty Dog to make a Jurassic Park game. They would absolutely smash it.
See if they did a Jurassic Park game you know they’d focus on the characters and the survival aspect of the game, which isn’t a bad thing but for a Jurassic Park game I’d want the focus to be on the Dinosaurs a lot more. They promoted the Seraphites a lot during Last of Us 2 and I’m still left wondering about them, they introduced them but didn’t quite expand upon them and that’s not what I’d want with Jurassic Park.

Going off topic; if a company was to create such a game I wouldn’t mind Creative Assembly. Alien: Isolation was absolutely amazing and I could see them at the helm. Have us trying to survive, perhaps have a few dinosaurs we could fight and kill but ultimately we’re being stalked by the T-Rex.
Old 24-11-20, 19:25   #3448
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
See if they did a Jurassic Park game you know they’d focus on the characters and the survival aspect of the game, which isn’t a bad thing but for a Jurassic Park game I’d want the focus to be on the Dinosaurs a lot more. They promoted the Seraphites a lot during Last of Us 2 and I’m still left wondering about them, they introduced them but didn’t quite expand upon them and that’s not what I’d want with Jurassic Park.

Going off topic; if a company was to create such a game I wouldn’t mind Creative Assembly. Alien: Isolation was absolutely amazing and I could see them at the helm. Have us trying to survive, perhaps have a few dinosaurs we could fight and kill but ultimately we’re being stalked by the T-Rex.
Girl, an Alien game from Naughty Dog would also be totally amazing. I'm confident they can basically ace any games. I love how they deal with the aspect of morality, which is an important them in the Jurassic Park franchise, and the Alien's, as well.
Old 24-11-20, 19:29   #3449
Tsarina
Explorer

Just started my playthrough with Grounded Plus (hopefully that is eligible for the Grounded trophy) so far I am seeing a fair bit amount of supplies and have not had much difficulty. Granted I just recently started Seattle Day 1 so that may change ha. Also playing it on a new television recently purchased and I can see the games level of detail now, more than I could before. It is gorgeous.
Tsarina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 21:41   #3450
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Oh I didn’t know the multiplayer was a stand-alone thing, I thought they were going to patch it in.
Actually, I've re-read some articles and I'm not sure. I think I might have misread something previously because what I just looked at seems to hint at it being free dlc...