www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 22-01-13, 14:24   #211
Caesum
Tomb Raider

I understand. Oh well! Could it be possible then to change the predefined fogbulb colors? When you use "set RGB color for the fog bulbs" trigger inside TRLE editor you can only use predefined colors from the list. It'd be great to alter these colors for individual liking.

Last edited by Caesum; 22-01-13 at 14:31.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-13, 14:29   #212
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Yeah, that's what Heinz was talking about. I guess, if there's no such option in TRNG, I will add custom patch to modify this fog colour table.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-13, 14:31   #213
Caesum
Tomb Raider

You're an angel! I always wanted to have that option. Thank you and good luck then!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-13, 14:33   #214
Axelia
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
You can indeed set the color using FOG option, yet it works only if you don't need to change it's color inside the level and if you don't care about the black fog. Yet if you want to fogbulbs with more than one color you can do this only by using certain colors which you can't alter.
It'd be wonderful if there was a possibility to have many fogbulbs with different colors - all of them set by yourself, not predefined by the engine.
For me to get rig of the black fog works putting ForceVolumetricFX= Disabled in the script and enabling them in game under Lara
Old 22-01-13, 15:45   #215
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Almost ready...

Am I right in thinking that the colours are fully customizable?
I'm a sucker for subtle colours...

So... does this mean it could also be possible for the flame-emitters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
You can indeed set the color using FOG option, yet it works only if you don't need to change it's color inside the level and if you don't care about the black fog. Yet if you want to fogbulbs with more than one color you can do this only by using certain colors which you can't alter.It'd be wonderful if there was a possibility to have many fogbulbs with different colors - all of them set by yourself, not predefined by the engine.
Correct.
I ran into this issue with one of my MoA levels in which I switch from distant fog to fogbulbs within the level. When I wanted to use another fogbulb colour I could only pick one of the colours from the colourtable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
It is not possible to have differently coloured fog bulbs at the same time with TR4 renderer pipeline. The way TR4 engine works is it renders all fog bulbs at once, with unified SetRenderState call that sets fog colour inside Direct3D itself (that's exactly what fog colour flipeffect does - it calls D3D SetRenderState procedure to change colour, same thing is done during level initialization with FOG= script command).
Too bad. Imagine the effects you could create with it.
Oh well, fog objects will have to do the trick then.
Old 22-01-13, 16:19   #216
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Yes, you can fully customize a bunch of parameters for each smoke emitter's OCB. I'm doing 10 OCBs for both smoke emitter white and black objects, so effectively you will have 20 different smoke emitter objects to customize.

Here's a list of parameters you can edit for each OCB:

1. Start colour (the one that is used when particle is spawned)
2. End colour (used when particle is fading out)
3. Lifetime (how long particle will stay in gameworld)
3. Fade threshold (when particle begins to fade from start colour to end)
4. Fade-out time (how long it will take the particle to fade-out completely)
5. Blending mode
6. Various flags (damage, setting on fire, react to wind, line or sprite, perspective correction)
7. Size (can only be multiplied by 2, i. e. you basically can have only 4 usable sizes)
8. Vertical speed and acceleration
9. Horizontal speed
10. Dispersion

Also, I'm working on implementing horizontal direction depending on nullmesh orientation - this way, you will be able to create all kinds of super-complicated particle emitters, like fountains, local snow/rainfalls, sparkle streams, gas rings, etc. Only thing I'm afraid is that you all will eventually run out of OCB capacity! We are very limited with this. If only we had a flexible script mechanism to load it... Do you remember this miraclous project called T4Mod by Larson? Almost everyone forgot about it, but it was much more advanced patcher than TREP or TRNG. It allowed you to do even more complicated and beautiful particle setups, much more advanced than TREP or TRNG ever provided - because it relied on external Lua scripting engine (good to note that Lua is a REAL script language, not "pseudo-script" that is used in TR4 engine, because it basically contains only bunch of static parameters for engine to feed).

Last edited by Lwmte; 22-01-13 at 16:28.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-13, 16:35   #217
raiderromero
Archaeologist

thats very good
Old 22-01-13, 17:09   #218
HeinzFritz
Explorer

It sounds altogether very optimistic. I hope that both NGLE and TREP version of all the new enhancements will be released simultaneously.
HeinzFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-13, 17:27   #219
Laras Boyfr.
Professor

Amazing Tolik! Thank you so much !

May I suggest to try using 16 OCBs for each Emitter? It would be a hassle to update them again if we reach the limits soon
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-13, 17:47   #220
Kapu
Professor

disregard please
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote