Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 28-06-16, 05:52   #1011
SamCactus101

keep up the great work!
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 08:59   #1012
dcw123

That travelers guide stuff isn't really extra info though - its obvious stuff that is actually in the FMVs and game if you think about it..
Such as the opening FMV - its the same as the end Boss - Lara taking the power of the dagger away from Bartoli - killing him for good.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 11:23   #1013
Alex Croft.

I'm following this amazing project since the beginning, and the progression is really great. Your talent is very high and the videos, screenshots and ideas are awesome, so we are very grateful I think.

Of course, in the forums, comments, etc., you will be a lot of statements with things you must introduce, but is your project and your skills, so be yourself and make this on your own.

Thanks, Nicobass.

Last edited by Alex Croft.; 28-06-16 at 11:33.
Alex Croft. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 11:50   #1014
lizardspock110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Croft.
Thanks, Nicobass.
Wait, what?

For 40 fathoms, I think a lot of rocky surfaces would add a lot to the detail like this picture
I'm not sure if you've seen this picture before
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 12:06   #1015
Alex Croft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
Wait, what?

For 40 fathoms, I think a lot of rocky surfaces would add a lot to the detail like this picture
I'm not sure if you've seen this picture before
I saw, and is a good picture, of course!

I want to say that the work of Nicobass is really cool in my opinion.
Old 28-06-16, 12:16   #1016
lizardspock110

^oh, I thought you were saying you ARE nicobass sorry, misinterpretation
His work is very cool indeed, I love it so much!
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-16, 12:20   #1017
Alex Croft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
^oh, I thought you were saying you ARE nicobass sorry, misinterpretation
His work is very cool indeed, I love it so much!
Oh, no! It's just a thank-you text.

It is, I'm excited to see new content soon.
Old 28-06-16, 13:27   #1018
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
One suggestion I do have for venice is to make more pathways around. I love the boat to bits, but the TR2 levels gave the impression that that was the ONLY way to get around. It would be cool to have your version's levels designed in such a way that you require the boat to complete the level, but as you progress can open doors and gates to go back to previous areas on foot or on the boat, so that by the time you finish the level you are technically able to run all the way back to the start without touching the water. There would be no reason to, but the ability helps make it feel like a real city.
You don't have to use the boat right now. It's possible to just swim your way through the level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Also, have you come across the Tomb Raider Travellers Guide? It has an expanded TR2 story, and even some notes from the original script writer Vicky Arnold.

"The Emperor is the dragon; the idea being that the dagger will give this power to whoever has enough belief to drive it into their heart - and that his warriors who fight alongside him will have added powers too. Hence the [Fiama Nera] cult's interest [in the dagger]. The guy with the disturbing green eyes is one of the Emperor's generals and when the dragon is killed, he and the other soldiers return to their normal human strength. You might be able to see when the general falls to his knees, that his eyes turn back to normal and his fangs and reptilian skin disappear."
The Tomb Raiders Traveler's Guide is my go-to source for all things from that era. Ivans emailed a lot with the original crew back in the days when it was still small enough and new enough for them to feel comfortable talking about it without fear of it "blowing up" the way things do today.

It's a pity he stopped playing, although he has been kind enough to leave his site up.

The lack of real story in TR2 is one of my chief complaints about the game. It's really more of an elaborate set up for levels than a story. Fleshing it out a bit would be great.

Have I mentioned I write great dialog?
Dennis's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 06:56   #1019
indigo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
That travelers guide stuff isn't really extra info though - its obvious stuff that is actually in the FMVs and game if you think about it..
Such as the opening FMV - its the same as the end Boss - Lara taking the power of the dagger away from Bartoli - killing him for good.
Some of it is extra info, like the events that pique Lara's interest in the dagger in the first place. None of that was mentioned in the game.
indigo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-16, 07:36   #1020
Fiamma Nera

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo15 View Post
Some of it is extra info, like the events that pique Lara's interest in the dagger in the first place. None of that was mentioned in the game.
Those events were created by the team at Traveler's Guide. As they say in the footnotes, "for lack of any better story". That's not to say Nicobass can't draw ideas from them though just because they're not canon.
Fiamma Nera is offline   Reply With Quote