Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 23-06-17, 21:45   #6211
ggctuk

So, as expected, it's outright owned by Square Enix.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-17, 10:59   #6212
jajay119

Expected but that sucks. I wonder if anyone has reached out to Meagan as CM to see if she could approach SE about what their stance on the release of the material would be. IT would be great, and completely unrealistic I know , if SE could approach some ex Core employees and allow them to release the material for the fans. Again, it's a pipe dream, I know.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-17, 11:36   #6213
Zebra

I mean, she did include previously unreleased TRAE pictures in the 20th anniversary book but then, even her influence probably has its limits in this type of situation. I'm sure she personally would like to see it released just as much as any other TR fan but it's not her decision to make. Though who knows, maybe she would be able to persuade whoever's in charge or get the ball rolling. Never hurts to ask .
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-17, 13:53   #6214
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Expected but that sucks. I wonder if anyone has reached out to Meagan as CM to see if she could approach SE about what their stance on the release of the material would be. IT would be great, and completely unrealistic I know , if SE could approach some ex Core employees and allow them to release the material for the fans. Again, it's a pipe dream, I know.
No offense but, this isn't feasible. Ex-Core Design employees who worked on the game are clearly permanently scarred. They can also be extremely hostile towards anyone who asks about TRAE. Not surprising really, I'd be pissed too if a game I worked on got canceled like that.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-17, 19:06   #6215
Joey79100

Well it's still worth a try. If Square give their permission then it will be up to Core's ex-employees to release it or not, so if they're scared currently but change their mind sometime in the future, then they won't have to worry about Square. Who knows, maybe they're willing to share the game after all, as they keep sharing material about it.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-17, 19:12   #6216
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Well it's still worth a try. If Square give their permission then it will be up to Core's ex-employees to release it or not, so if they're scared currently but change their mind sometime in the future, then they won't have to worry about Square. Who knows, maybe they're willing to share the game after all, as they keep sharing material about it.
Gh0stBlade said scarred, not scared. He basically means that their experiences with the project (and the franchise) and their memories of the project getting cancelled are so negative that at least some of them might not react very well to being approached by Square about it. That being said, I do agree with your point. Trying to convince Square to just give a blanket, advance permission to anyone who might want to leak it would be a good step to take (not that I think Square would do that but still ).
Old 24-06-17, 21:14   #6217
Caesum

Judging by the amounr of new content that surfaces from time to time thanks to Ash I think Core are slowly getting more open about their TRAE project. I think we should try to sniff around, but I don't think Meagan will be of much help in this case. Meagan seems to be more interested in outfits and cosplays rather than games themselves.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 02:42   #6218
Boobandie

Square will never give permission for TRAE to be released. Big companies don't vocally do that with leftovers because it might hurt the brand.

What we can hope for is that Square doesn't care about the game or its assets, so if the ex-core members leak it, Square just ignores it.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 12:31   #6219
Joey79100

The thing is that it won't even have any negative impact, after all it's not Square that cancelled the project, so they can't be taken for responsible as they weren't there, so if they give their green light there would be no real reason that it hurts their image: it would do the exact opposite, they would seem to care about the fanbase at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Gh0stBlade said scarred, not scared.
Oops, I didn't even know this word. Thanks for the correction.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-17, 12:45   #6220
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
The thing is that it won't even have any negative impact, after all it's not Square that cancelled the project, so they can't be taken for responsible as they weren't there, so if they give their green light there would be no real reason that it hurts their image: it would do the exact opposite, they would seem to care about the fanbase at least.
When Square took over Eidos, they took over most of its employees, as well. So many of the people now working for Square Europe already worked for Eidos back in the day.