Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 21-07-19, 17:40   #31
_Seth

I'm literally holding off on buying a 4K Blu-ray player in the hopes the PS5 has it as standard.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 01:53   #32
JCGaming
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread about ALL PlayStation generations instead of separating them as new generations come about. This way we can discuss older entries and the platform in general.

PS1. RELEASED: 1994

PS2. RELEASED: 2000

PS3. RELEASED: 2006

PS4. RELEASED: 2013

PS5. RELEASED: TBA
Since 1999 I've been a PS player though I'm 5-6 years behind the curve.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 04:22   #33
Lord Insidious

Been a PS player for as long as I can remember. Love both the PS1 and PS2. My favorite memories include playing Crash Bash with my siblings, playing Spyro, playing the demos on the various Jampack discs, playing Tekken Tag Tournament, and getting the crap scared out of me watching my brother browse through the Krypt in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. And, of course, playing the demos for Bomberman World and Tomb Raider III.
Lord Insidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 08:07   #34
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I'm literally holding off on buying a 4K Blu-ray player in the hopes the PS5 has it as standard.
I still don't have a PS4, so I'm just getting a separate player soon and will see what the future will hold for the console. Would be nice if they'd add it.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 18:44   #35
DragonSlayer

Someone wrote into Gamecentral over the weekend about 5 things the PS5 must change from the PS4, the light bar was number 5 on the list you can read about the rest at the link below

Https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/28/5-thi...ture-10470383/

Basically they are saying that it serves no useful purpose other than to drain the battery and it's supposed purpose of showing the characters health level is pointless when all you have to do is look at the character on screen to determine his or her health status.

That lights only purpose is for the PSVR which not everyone uses and the PSVR light combined with the other light drains the battery even faster.

Hopefully when PSVRS limited life comes to an end they will hopefully remove one or both lights, and if anyone is wondering what I mean by limited life look at the Kinect Microsoft were hoping that it would be widely used and very popular only it wasn't with few games being made for it and most people just not being interested in the Kinect it wasn't long before it was forgotten about due to there being no good games for it.

The PSVR is mostly just for games like Overcooked and other games that would be played at parties apart from RE7 and Skyrim there isn't much there for me to consider getting a PSVR.

A few wrote into the Gamecentral inbox over the last couple of days some to ridicule the person that wrote the feature others to defend him, the one and only person who ridiculed him called him m Xbox fanboy and said that he left out the many useful features of the light bar, if anyone knows what these features are please post them as I think there aren't any.

Two things I think Sony should look into 1 removing the time limited restriction on some demos on PSN for example when I downloaded the South Park Fractured but Whole demo I accidentally started it without meaning to while it was downloading I quit straight away to save it for later not knowing that the timer had started when I pressed X when I went to play it later it said I couldn't because my time was up, nowhere did it say when I went to download the demo that the timer would start the minute I pressed X.

The second thing is smaller patch update sizes, some of the patch update sizes are massive Days Gone for example has had quite a few updates all but one of them were massive, even on super fast broadband they can take up to an hour to download, watching that bar as it downloads is so boring, I always download patches when I'm doing something else so that I won't be watching it and so it'll be done without me loading up the game and finding that it won't work without a patch which had happened on one occasion.

One last thing bigger hard drives available from day one like a 4 terrabyte.

See the previous page for what I said about the light bar.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 30-07-19 at 18:46.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 19:03   #36
jajay119

The light bar has never bothered me: just give it a better battery. There are more pressing matters to me such as the generally poor build quality of the controllers. I’ve had the analogue sticks go bad on three controllers this gen and the R2 button on one was also dodgy. I’d rather they address this more than the light bar.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 04:52   #37
Johnnay

PS5 revealed in February next year

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/67069...020/index.html
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-19, 08:23   #38
_Seth

I feel like that's realistic enough. Then an October/November 2020 release.
Old 22-09-19, 17:34   #39
_Seth

What's everyone's favourite version of the PS controller? Because when I go back to the PS3 one, I prefer it's analogue sticks, lightweight nature and of course the superior battery power. Only problems are the D-pad and the awfully designed triggers.
Old 29-09-19, 16:24   #40
ANoDE
Golden

^

Dualshock 3 all the way. It's just soooo comfortable and perfectly proportioned. I also play all my PC games with it.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote