www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 22-10-20, 23:25   #171
larafan25
Sage
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 70,056
Default

Imagine a visually realistic demo of Original Tomb Raider. Moving this awesome rendering of Lara with tank-orientation, the sounds and the particle effects of the 360 roll as a rolling ball drops from the distant darkness... Swan-diving into a big room, down safely into a pool of water... in like... a puzzle-room or something. Sick sick sick. The slow surface-swimming animations with the realistic wet-effects. Rotating in the water and using the look-button to see the room around you. Would be awesomeee



edit: Using the croush button to kneel down manually, behind a cover, drawing pistols and shooting over the side. Would be cool.
__________________
tombraiderology

Last edited by larafan25; 22-10-20 at 23:42.
larafan25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:50   #172
Alphonse
Student
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Paris France
Posts: 101
Default

Cleverly using slopes on the side of the room to perform a mid air roll and fall behind the chasing creature to blast it in the back

Wondering how many backsteps you have to take beofre jumping

Trying not to hit the ceiling when it is low

Manually draw, carry and throw your last torches (should I go down this pit ? should I light it before going in ?)

All these mechanics that make tomb raider the most involving game ever
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:14   #173
yaron
Historian
 
yaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
They tried with TRA and its known that they cant. Give TR to Naughty Dog.
lol
YES.
__________________
Don't mess with a witch
yaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:57   #174
larafan25
Sage
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 70,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
Cleverly using slopes on the side of the room to perform a mid air roll and fall behind the chasing creature to blast it in the back

Wondering how many backsteps you have to take beofre jumping

Trying not to hit the ceiling when it is low

Manually draw, carry and throw your last torches (should I go down this pit ? should I light it before going in ?)

All these mechanics that make tomb raider the most involving game ever
You honestly nailed it! Especially the flares. Such an immersive and emotionally affecting experience.
__________________
tombraiderology
larafan25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:56   #175
LaraCablara
Professor
 
LaraCablara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
They tried with TRA and its known that they cant. Give TR to Naughty Dog.
“We hate tomb raider for being too much like uncharted so let’s give the series over to the people who made uncharted” is living proof that this fan base went off the rails sometime after 2010
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:52   #176
Athukraz
Relic Hunter
 
Athukraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Clown Manor
Posts: 7,814
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
“We hate tomb raider for being too much like uncharted so let’s give the series over to the people who made uncharted” is living proof that this fan base went off the rails sometime after 2010
You realize those that are saying that aren't the same people that want TR to go to ND do you realize?
__________________
Clown Movement 2019. Cancellation Movement 2020.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:57   #177
larafan25
Sage
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 70,056
Default

and that... Naughty Dog are capable of creating different games, as all studios are...

__________________
tombraiderology
larafan25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 00:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.