Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-10-17, 04:39   #11
JoelCaesar

As many people have said you either love the game or hate the game. Most of the TR fans have heard that it's terrible and never played it. They make up their own opinions on a game they have never played.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-17, 18:42   #12
Jorje Croft

Move along Ma chere, you make the place look crowded
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 02:11   #13
HarleyCroft

It certainly is an oddball in the series.. but the mysterious atmosphere of the game and Lara's beauty makes it hard to forget

For me, the most forgotten game would be the aggressively mediocre Underworld
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 02:12   #14
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
It certainly is an oddball in the series.. but the mysterious atmosphere of the game and Lara's beauty makes it hard to forget

Agreed. Underworld's story was just too weak.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 11:37   #15
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
I agree .

I mean , even though Underworld is far more tolerable than AOD as a game , mechanically speaking , and that it's a lot less mediocre than AOD (my opinion) , but the huge potential AOD carries cannot be easily forgotten or overshadowed , this could've turned out to be a marvelous game had it been finished properly , that is -for the most part- why the game had gained its passionate fanbase , it's as far from being forgotten as possible . But Underworld ? it truly is . If we're talking TRF , I can hardly remember anyone whose absolute favorite game in the series is Underworld , I don't really feel that this game has a fanbase (Yes , I know TRF is hardly a valid representation of the TR fans and customers in general and that it's mostly Core-based , but c'mon , even Legend and the Reboot games have their devoted fans on here , this isn't the case with Underworld) .

Last edited by Patrick star; 23-10-17 at 11:40.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 12:39   #16
CheshireBitch

Underworld storyline was maybe weak but the levels are really great. You can't take that away. I play Underworld at least three time a year and I barely touch Anniversary.

All Tomb Raider are great games in general. I mean some are maybe better than others on some points, but we actually have great games.

AOD is seen as a "bad game" because it is only compared to the other Tomb Raider. AOD as a game in general is very descent, playable and enjoyable. There are a looooooot of other games outside of TR that are a loooooot worse than AOD.

AOD will never be forgotten sadly because it was seen as very bad, unfinished, ect... and because it was Core lastest game. AOD is a lot more talked about than some other Tomb Raider in documentaries about Lara Croft.

As for the GP I think they kinda all forgotten about the classics TR. They got memory for the first one (legendary), maybe Legend because it was a hit after a long time and then the reboot but I think that's all. I think people doesn't recall the games but Lara Croft herself.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 14:08   #17
Hazelphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
AOD is seen as a "bad game" because it is only compared to the other Tomb Raider. AOD as a game in general is very descent, playable and enjoyable. There are a looooooot of other games outside of TR that are a loooooot worse than AOD.
Thank you for saying this. I firmly believe that’s the only reason why AOD has been thorn apart SO badly over the years.

I remember playing countless other games (can’t recall the exact title now) and thinking “wow, can’t believe this got a free pass whereas AOD is still universally bashed for the same flaws”, or even WORSE games in terms of controls and glitches. AOD is not really among the worst games ever made out there, it’s just that it had to carry the TR legacy on its shoulders and people had much higher expectations when it comes to TR. It didn’t live up to the fame of the franchise and that’s what ultimately destroyed the product.

Too bad because the more I replay it, the more I am convinced that it’s really enjoyable and not the disaster some people make it out to be (and I play the vanilla version without the patch to fix the controls). The flaws are there and it’s undoubtedly an unfinished game, but I’ve seen worse in my life.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 17:26   #18
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I can hardly remember anyone whose absolute favorite game in the series is Underworld
Ehm...
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 18:18   #19
TR-Freak
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
Thank you for saying this. I firmly believe that’s the only reason why AOD has been thorn apart SO badly over the years.

I remember playing countless other games (can’t recall the exact title now) and thinking “wow, can’t believe this got a free pass whereas AOD is still universally bashed for the same flaws”, or even WORSE games in terms of controls and glitches. AOD is not really among the worst games ever made out there, it’s just that it had to carry the TR legacy on its shoulders and people had much higher expectations when it comes to TR. It didn’t live up to the fame of the franchise and that’s what ultimately destroyed the product.

Too bad because the more I replay it, the more I am convinced that it’s really enjoyable and not the disaster some people make it out to be (and I play the vanilla version without the patch to fix the controls). The flaws are there and it’s undoubtedly an unfinished game, but I’ve seen worse in my life.
SO.
MUCH.
POTENTIAL.
in this game.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-17, 13:25   #20
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Ehm...
Okay , nice to see someone proving me wrong
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote