Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 24-09-17, 13:29   #31
tomb2player

Long time no update so decided to post screenshots from test level. There is progress, a bit slow but it is.

This is in black and white (sepia) because I don't want to reveal everything.

tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 19:23   #32
DJ Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb2player View Post
This is in black and white (sepia) because I don't want to reveal everything.
I think this shows too much, next time make it pitch-black.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 20:10   #33
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
I think this shows too much, next time make it pitch-black.
No, put it brighter.. black makes me depressed

The textures are very good tho
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 14:52   #34
tomb2player

Thx guys for tips, I will consider them in future
Old 19-02-18, 01:22   #35
tomb2player

I want to say that there is progress. I will post WIP images in the future. Some of things were done, and still very big amount of things remains to do, however worst parts are done and this is most important. I think that it's 50% overall progress, even if I still focus mostly on objects and textures.

About changes in gameplay ideas, there won't be helpers who assist Lara, only enemies. Main locations in level will be: wreck, cave systems and small tomb with artefact that Lara and Bartoli are after. Only known information about artifact taken from Bartoli and his followers is that it's "key to the place where Xian sword most possibly lies". Lara has no idea where is this place, except that it's in China, and all she knows is that artifact is located in the tomb alike structure buried deep in caves underneath ocean bottom, very close to wreck of the Titanic. Some of tasks will need to be done in wreck in order to get to the tomb, as Bartoli got sabotaged by one of his close friend who got upset at him for some reason and cheated on him. If it didn't happened, they would already got the artefact. Now Bartoli's people are searching wreck for those lost means that will lead them to the tomb. Those means are unknown for Lara, but most probably some keys. Wreck got stuck inside dry cave system due to underwater volcanic activity and eruptions, air inside due seaweed plants activity, light thanks to glowing bacterias - realistic or not, this is best explanation I was able to invent . Gameplay will be mostly like it was in TR1-3 with some additions from 4 and 5, slightly more linear than it was in my previous level. Lara don't have new animations, all original. Many enemies with addition of angry animals, box shaped pushables, switches, keys, complex structure of level, some backtracking to previously visited areas, etc. - everything I like in classic TRs. By means of story, it will be right before Tomb Raider 2 as I mentioned before, sort of prequel. Maybe it don't match very well, etc. but it's only custom level, my interpretation, alternate story not to be taken too seriously.
Old 19-02-18, 19:25   #36
Caesum

Have you actually managed to start making some gameplay? Or still nothing to show? I would love to see some screenshots that aren't one texture and/or one object.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-18, 20:32   #37
tomb2player

Right now no finished rooms/areas to show. Nothing to show? Do you know how many objects I created already for this level? Not to mention other things. Be patient, soon there will be normal screenshots.

EDIT: By the way, I wonder if metasequia has any limits when it comes to number of polygons & vertices & texinfos (or UV infos, I mean frames of unique textures) and amount of 256x256 tiles that contain those texinfos. Are there any of those things limited in metasequia per one project ( or one .mqo file )? If so I hope they are high. It would be bad if I was not able to fit some of objects or textures in one level thanks to metasequia limitations. As far as I know, there is still possibility of using 3Dmax together with Meta2TR, am I right? And TombEditor will support similar features in future. And this is the worst thing in level building - you are always not 100% sure that everything you create will work as intended. It can be quite demotivating. So please If anyone who is familiar with Meta2tr, Metasequia and it's limitations, or how many things mentioned above it can handle in one mqo project file, share your experience. It will help me plan things in level better. Good that there is possibility to make more than one level. If I don't have choice, I will split to more.

Last edited by tomb2player; 19-02-18 at 22:35.
Old 21-06-18, 23:15   #38
tomb2player

Hi, long time no update, no screenshots, but it's still going on. There won't be screenshots from finished locations anytime soon as I said last time, because it still needs a lot of work. This is my last level ( 90% probability ), and I would like to make it best as I can and include everything I would like, so it give me full satisfaction on the final.

EDIT: I want to say also that I try to make this level not so hard, it will be big and complex but at the same time quite easy and more linear than my previous level, so players that played my previous level and said it's too hard should be satisfied. Objectives, paths to progress will be more clear. There won't be situation that you are totally lost in very huge open area with no clue what to do. I know that this was serious problem with old level. Levels should be fun and entertaining, and when it's too hard, it's not that fun anymore for many players, for me also to be honest.

Last edited by tomb2player; 21-06-18 at 23:40.
Old 22-06-18, 09:54   #39
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb2player View Post
Levels should be fun and entertaining, and when it's too hard, it's not that fun anymore for many players
A bit hard is fine, too hard is not something I like very much either.

Thanks for the update.
Take as much time as you need to make this game as you want it to be.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-18, 04:01   #40
tomb2player

Long time no update so I want to say that I am working and there is progress.

Also I will use in my level another nick, instead of "tomb2player" - "Tweety bird", because this is my main nick on the internet and I want also use it in my level. If there was possibility to change nick on the forums, I would change. Also I cannot change thread name, but that's not problem, it can stay.

No screenshots for very long time, so little thing to show that I am still working. There is much more behind the scenes, but I don't want to show again and again similar looking objects and textures, also I don't want to show "best parts" , so better screenshots will come when there will be finally finished rooms. Still no finished locations on the screenshots, I know.... but the amount of assets in this level to be made is tremendous large, believe me or not. Whole level contain many different looking areas and all those areas require big sets of individual assets. And to start properly build, I need all the essential materials - called "assets". Eventually the moment will come...

This is how title screen with new nick looks like:

And here small example of wall girders set:

And here some never shown before textures put together: