Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 04-09-20, 23:00   #11
TR FAN 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Which brings me to the next point: Unskippable cutscenes. I understand it when they are not skippable during the initial playthrough, but on susequent plays they must be skippable. I can gladly live with a 30 second loadscreen if necessary, when I don't have to watch the same cutscene all over again.
This was the worst thing about Final Fantasy 10. Failing to defeat a certain boss (Yunalesca) meant having to sit through an ENTIRE FIVE MINUTE cutscene all over again!
TR FAN 18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 16:52   #12
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR FAN 18 View Post
This was the worst thing about Final Fantasy 10. Failing to defeat a certain boss (Yunalesca) meant having to sit through an ENTIRE FIVE MINUTE cutscene all over again!
Sounds horrid!
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 17:26   #13
DragonSlayer

Glitchy trophies that don't unlock even when the requirements have been met for the trophies to unlock several times over.

Borderlands 3 I'm looking at you I've visited and revisited every named area on each of the planets in the game and still nothing, every time I revisit an area the game sometimes acts like it's the first time I've been there but it doesn't appear to register on the stats screen, each planet should have a sub menu showing exactly which areas have been unlocked and which haven't been unlocked it would make getting these trophies much easier and quicker if I didn't have to revisit every named area on a planet over and over again.

The location trophies should have been run across a few more drawing boards to ensure that the game would actually register that a location had been visited.

Has anyone else here had issues with the above trophies because I've just about run out of patience with those particular trophies.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 04:04   #14
Blackmoor

Forced walking.

Can't stand it wherever it pops up. As a recent example - TLOU2 is excessively overburdened with it and needlessly so as it is not necessary story-wise to have to walk through these areas.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 07:14   #15
killchan

The medieval setting.

Like... enough.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 07:45   #16
charmedangelin

MMOs, or games with a single player campaign, but a major focus on multiplayer.

FPS that are just war reenactments.

Cinematic games with tons of hand holding

Any game that's AAA with an obvious agenda to push.

EA games besides Jedi Knight (a shock)

Games with fetch quests asking you to find a random item you pick up from random spots on the ground that spawn randomly in a random area from a ridiculous area that's across the other end of the map that's hard as **** to get to because you don't even know where to look and don't know this ridiculous area exists. (Looking at you Xenoblade 2)

Last edited by charmedangelin; 21-09-20 at 07:47.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 08:43   #17
RAID

Two things I can think of right now:

First person perspective. I find it so hard to enjoy such games as for me I find it hard to enjoy a game playing as a walking pistol. The 2 games I can think of that I actually enjoyed are Postal 2 and No One Lives Forever.

Hand holding. I hate it when developers have to show me the way (like white ledges) or forcing tutorial and button prompts down my throat. Especially when tutorials appear even at advanced stage of the game.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 14:35   #18
Shirley_Manson

Games that masquarade as open world games but are just a bunch of prolonged boring fetch quests cobbled together into a very unenjoyable time sinkhole. Think of Dragon Age Inquisition as an example.
I hate most MMOs because of this. I hate when a game wastes my time. I would rather have enjoyable polished linear levels in any game I'm playing than a bunch of quest markers on a gargantuan empty map. Like that's supposed to be an indicator of some "deep gameplay" and "artistic worldbuilding".
Ugh.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 14:39   #19
SnatchingEdges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
Games that masquarade as open world games but are just a bunch of prolonged boring fetch quests cobbled together into a very unenjoyable time sinkhole. Think of Dragon Age Inquisition as an example.
I hate most MMOs because of this. I hate when a game wastes my time. I would rather have enjoyable polished linear levels in any game I'm playing than a bunch of quest markers on a gargantuan empty map. Like that's supposed to be an indicator of some "deep gameplay" and "artistic worldbuilding".
Ugh.
Have you played The Witcher 3? Do you think it suffers from the problem you're talking?
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 15:02   #20
Shirley_Manson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
Have you played The Witcher 3? Do you think it suffers from the problem you're talking?
Yes, I played it. I think that it does have a bit too many "question marks" on the map for my liking, but the quality of sidequests completely overwrites this flaw. And many undiscovered locations are conviniently put on the map so you can explore them on the way to your next witcher contract. It wasn't until Blood and Wine DLC that I started to get a bit bored of exploration.
On the other side, I think Skellige islands was a horrible location, swarms of harpies and 300 treasure locarions in the middle of the sea were unbearable. Oh, and scavenging for witcher gear was pretty boring.
In short, the quality of the story and very interesting quests make Witcher 3 enjoyable despite vast open spaces. I feel the same when I play Oblivion.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote