Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 20-08-20, 08:25   #491
Obi_Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
^I get these stutters too on TR1-3. All these games used to run flawlessly on Windows 8.1, so yeah it does seem to be a Windows 10 issue (I only upgraded a few months ago).
That's really shame :/ I wanted to replay TR2 and TR3 but both are working just terrible. I also changed compatibility settings but with no result. And as you said - I didn't had any of these issues on Win 8.1.

Last edited by Obi_Black; 20-08-20 at 08:26.
Obi_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-20, 12:32   #492
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi_Black View Post
That's really shame :/ I wanted to replay TR2 and TR3 but both are working just terrible. I also changed compatibility settings but with no result. And as you said - I didn't had any of these issues on Win 8.1.
It seems there is a problem on Windows side. I'll try to reproduce the problem and to find a workaround for that. Do you use cdaudio.mp3 + cdaudio.dat? Or do you use any other CDAudio solution?
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-20, 13:10   #493
Obi_Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Do you use cdaudio.mp3 + cdaudio.dat? Or do you use any other CDAudio solution?
I use cdaudio.mp3 + cdaudio.dat I didn't change anything in original Steam files - aside from copying new files for extra options. Since this problem also occurs in TR3 (vanilla game, without any patches or mods), then it probably is Windows related.
Obi_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-20, 21:11   #494
Teeth

Hi Arsunt, loving the remastered pix in the new patch, glad you included both versions of the logo and the final credits screen from Golden Mask - it all looks absolutely stunning.

However, transparent sprites and textures now appear pixelated - I assume this was on purpose, but I preferred it the way it was before. Any chance you can include an option to toggle this, or is there one already that I've missed?
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-20, 08:35   #495
Famicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
Hi Arsunt, loving the remastered pix in the new patch, glad you included both versions of the logo and the final credits screen from Golden Mask - it all looks absolutely stunning.

However, transparent sprites and textures now appear pixelated - I assume this was on purpose, but I preferred it the way it was before. Any chance you can include an option to toggle this, or is there one already that I've missed?
Edit: Never mind

Last edited by Famicom; 23-08-20 at 12:03.
Famicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-20, 15:52   #496
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro View Post
I played with this new version and I noticed that some textures look pixilated even when the Bilinear Filter is on, like the water, lava, fence textures... basicaly every texture that has transparency or translucency. The previous version I used, which was from 2020.06.12 didn't do this. Could this also be fixed? You can see this problem on Venice (water and chain fence textures)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
Okay! This workaround was made for advanced alpha blending, so today I've disabled it for basic alpha blending. In the next build you will be able to use the basic blending with a bilinear filter.
Old 23-08-20, 04:12   #497
Kirishima

If it's any consolation, the PS2 doesn't seem to bother filtering transparent textures when the setting is enabled either, probably for the same reasons.

A couple video examples:

Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-20, 05:21   #498
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
If it's any consolation, the PS2 doesn't seem to bother filtering transparent textures when the setting is enabled either, probably for the same reasons.
I understand. But the problems with semitransparency+bilinear were related to DirectX 5 multipass alpha blend, mainly because of Alpha Test function with low resolution textures. So I made this workaround. Alas I made it for basic alpha blending too, and since it was not necessary, I already have disabled this workaround for basic alpha blending. The new build will be provided soon.

UPD. I just managed to rewrite the advanced blender to keep it compatible with the bilinear filter.

Last edited by Arsunt; 23-08-20 at 07:01.
Old 25-08-20, 19:44   #499
Defrago

DualShock 4 is now fully supported, including D-Pad and vibration function. You can't turn off vibration for now, but this feature is planned.

New version is here. Note that FMVs will not be shown with this version.
Defrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-20, 07:56   #500
ian2006

Does the mod work with the steam version or only the GOG version?
ian2006 is offline   Reply With Quote