www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics

Old 27-01-21, 20:48   #1
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Default The Reyes Story Arc

Can somebody give me a quick rundown of the Reyes story arc from the comics? I stopped reading pretty early on after I was appalled by the quality of the artwork, but I'm curious where they took the character.

Thanks!
Old 28-01-21, 06:37   #2
Zsott
Archaeologist

Sure!

After Yamatai she appeared multiple times:

1. she had a curse on her ,Sam and Jonah included, because they took some trinket with them from Yamatai.

2. leading up to RoTR, and trinity started appear even more, this one time, Lara was hanging out with her and Alyssa (Reyes' daughter) and they got attacked.
At that point, Reyes broke all connections with Lara, in order to protect her daughter. After that she wasn't present in a long time...

3. leading up to SoTR, she appeared for a few screens, where she introduced a friend of her to Lara, because Lara started to learn hand to hand combat.

Finally, the infamous 8th dlc was supposed to have a letter from her, but as we know, the dlc never happened.

She as a person had not changed from what we knew in the first game.
In short, she's on friendly terms with Lara, but keeping her distance still.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 05:57   #3
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Thanks alot! I think that's a pretty good cliff hanger. It leaves Reyes with some very understandable reservations about Lara, which is where I like their relationship. It provides tension and an opportunity for surprising companionship when the odds are against them and they have to team up. I hope they bring Reyes back in some capacity in the games, it doesn't have to be major. It shouldn't be major actually. Her attitude is really fun in short bursts only lol.
Old 02-02-21, 10:54   #4
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Thanks alot! I think that's a pretty good cliff hanger. It leaves Reyes with some very understandable reservations about Lara, which is where I like their relationship. It provides tension and an opportunity for surprising companionship when the odds are against them and they have to team up. I hope they bring Reyes back in some capacity in the games, it doesn't have to be major. It shouldn't be major actually. Her attitude is really fun in short bursts only lol.
I think there's place for her (some sort of replacement of Zip) but her general reason to be distant is not good.
At first she refused to be Lara, because Lara couldn't let Yamatai go.
After that she kept her distance , saying she has to protect her daughter.( Despite Alyssa insisting to stay friendly with Lara)
Finally she appeared for a few panel, but she's still distant.
Unless she's a helicopter mom, there's no reason to use Alyssa as an excuse, since she's 18 and goes to university. (According the scrapped dlc)
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 23:52   #5
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

Cool summary, thanks! I also stopped reading the comics