Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-04-21, 15:01   #621
HecticBartoli

I bought the game last year and it was great even better that I expected even though I've only played it twice. The gameplay is great.
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 19:36   #622
killchan

eh, I'm not touching it until they make all holocalls skippable and overhaul the UI for the inventory and crafting sections.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 19:46   #623
ESCachuli

I was very hyped for this game but it clearly underdelivered. Sad, because many of the things they did wrong in cyberpunk, they did right in The Witcher 3.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-21, 20:10   #624
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
I was very hyped for this game but it clearly underdelivered. Sad, because many of the things they did wrong in cyberpunk, they did right in The Witcher 3.
It's a good Far Cry game with a great character lab , and also it did Deus Ex gameplay better than the last 3 Deus Ex games (The Fall never happened )

But as a OW-RPG or a R*... it's just not there.
Old 03-04-21, 06:39   #625
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
It's a good Far Cry game with a great character lab , and also it did Deus Ex gameplay better than the last 3 Deus Ex games (The Fall never happened )

But as a OW-RPG or a R*... it's just not there.
To be honest I was expecting a very rich and dense open world RPG with lots of interactions, at least comparable in interactions to RDR2. A sandbox RPG.

It turned out to be just an adventure game with a very big scenario to do missions. Even some of the gameplays they showed in 2018 have more features than the final game.

And the citizen AI is terrible. I can see why it is different, because NPCs are randomly generated to create the feeling of variety, but at the cost of having to delete them when you are not looking because of how expensive it is, and they are only "decorative". Well, it doesnt work. The AI is even worse than Hitman's. And that's saying.

I'd like to see how many of the promised features they are able to introduce with patches, but right now I dont like the game.
Old 03-04-21, 12:18   #626
killchan

Quote:
To be honest I was expecting a very rich and dense open world RPG with lots of interactions, at least comparable in interactions to RDR2. A sandbox RPG.

It turned out to be just an adventure game with a very big scenario to do missions. Even some of the gameplays they showed in 2018 have more features than the final game.

And the citizen AI is terrible. I can see why it is different, because NPCs are randomly generated to create the feeling of variety, but at the cost of having to delete them when you are not looking because of how expensive it is, and they are only "decorative". Well, it doesnt work. The AI is even worse than Hitman's. And that's saying.
it's safe to say you're in the majority

I had no interest whatsoever in the life-sim stuff CDPR baited people with

Quote:
I'd like to see how many of the promised features they are able to introduce with patches, but right now I dont like the game.
With patches I think none.
It's more likely they'll addressed those promises with the paid expansions.
Old 05-04-21, 15:26   #627
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
it's safe to say you're in the majority

I had no interest whatsoever in the life-sim stuff CDPR baited people with
I was thinking more about the possibilities to adress the missions. For example, being able not to shoot a single shot, like it was in Deus Ex. Or even some things they showed in the trailers, like being able to use the mantis arms to climb walls, or the wall running, or being able to pull turrets if you are strong enough... I mean, having the characterisation and role-play features be real.

I wanted more immersion, not just a generic shooter.
Old 16-04-21, 18:20   #628
biscuits

This game's marketing is so cringe.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-21, 19:10   #629
killchan

Quote:
I was thinking more about the possibilities to adress the missions. For example, being able not to shoot a single shot, like it was in Deus Ex. Or even some things they showed in the trailers, like being able to use the mantis arms to climb walls, or the wall running, or being able to pull turrets if you are strong enough... I mean, having the characterisation and role-play features be real.

I wanted more immersion, not just a generic shooter.
I think that CP2077 even in the current state, is a better immersive sim more than the last 2 Deus Ex games combined, as far as the character sheet goes. High jump, the slo-mo stealth perk, silenced weapons, quickhacks... this game gives you all the tools for a no-kills run. I wouldn't call it a generic shooter.

But as you said , unfortunately, the heavily marketed "you can talk your way through quests" is not a thing in this game, and that's a real shame.
Old 16-04-21, 19:23   #630
tomblover

I haven't so much as touched this game since December - how's it running (on PC) now?

I wasn't having massive issues while I was playing, but there was enough jank that it did put me off the experience...
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote