Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Crossovers, Tabletop Games and Milestones > Tomb Raider 25

Old 04-03-21, 02:23   #71
Moon-Safari

Can a cookbook poison you? I might think twice about that Half-Baked Underworld Chicken Parm.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 03:08   #72
SnatchingEdges

Imagine a Legend themed recipe...

It'd be one of those desserts you can devour with one single spoon and you only see in expensive restaurants, but it'd be the best dessert in your life
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 05:52   #73
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
The idea is definitely interesting. I wonder if it will be a book, that Lara Croft herself wrote. (You know... cuz she originally wrote many travel guides to fund her lifestyle.)
I'm curious about it, but at the same time, we are just one step from the Lara Croft branded shower gel, like in the 2000's.
So far I'm on the fence, and no, I don't think it's a problem to share cultures, let alone recipes from around the world.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 15:38   #74
Blackmoor

I hope they have some really unusual and genuinely different recipes. For example, like the ancient mesopotamian recipes found on ancient Sumerian cuniform tablets.

Apparently they had things like gingerbread, pigeon soup, lamb stew (although I personally don't eat lamb).

And something similar from South American civilisations and Siberia, and then something ancient Japanese (Himiko's time).

I think this could be really interesting if it's done well.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 17:21   #75
amiro1989

Don't know exactly who they are targeting with this idea... A celebration of the 25th anniversary is for the hardcore fans and gamers alike. Why would Miss/Mr everyone care about a cookbook/travel guide "from" Lara Croft?
amiro1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 17:45   #76
Rai

I think you've answered your own question, amiro. Franchise merchandise is usually aimed at the fans. There could well be cooking/travel enthusiasts within the fandom, merch collectors. Some cooking enthusiasts might also pick it up, but it is ultimately for fans/ gamers. Many books from insight Editions are clearly for fans of some franchise, GoT, Harry Potter etc.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 17:48   #77
amiro1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I think you've answered your own question, amiro. Franchise merchandise is usually aimed at the fans. There could well be cooking/travel enthusiasts within the fandom, merch collectors. Some cooking enthusiasts might also pick it up, but it is ultimately for fans/ gamers. Many books from insight Editions are clearly for fans of some franchise, GoT, Harry Potter etc.
I see it in a different way. Gamers expect games. Not cookbooks.

Perhaps the Travel Guide could be somewhat interesting, but I don't understand the celebration of a game with a cookbook or a travel guide, it seems uninteresting to the audience you cater to.
amiro1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 18:17   #78
Rai

There are plenty of merch enthusiasts out there. What doesn't seem of interest to you (which is fair enough), might be of interest to someone else. It's something they're trying, if it's not well received, they'll try something else next time. I'm not that interested in the cooking aspect, but I am in the travel guide part. I'm curious to see how the book looks and what kind of cultural facts it might contain.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 18:42   #79
Lara_Fan1

You also have collectors out there that will literally collect anything Tomb Raider because it's got the brand name on it who will love this, it might not be for everyone and that's okay. It's like the statues, I don't collect them but I know other fans do. There's no harm in them branching out and trying new things.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 19:32   #80
JuditePrince12

Fallout released food merch before with their Nuka-Cola Quantum drinks when Fallout 4 released. I don’t really see a difference here. I think franchises branching out to different mediums is good.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote