www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 16-04-18, 11:03   #1241
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketLombax View Post
That's the ironic part. After this, I tried a texture set very similar to the set I compiled myself that was included with Tomb Editor by the name of ManorNew.TGA in the Textures folder. Swapping out my texture set and using that one allowed it to build the level now, despite it being a lot larger in size. Is there by any chance a particular compression format the textures must be saved in? Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.
You might have something in your texture set file then. TGA, PNG and BMP should work, I can't remember if there are other formats on the list of supported ones. I once made a PNG using Gimp and it caused a crash too, so you might be onto something... what format are you saving as again? Try BMP, I always find them safest.

Quote:
In terms of other things I've found, Tomb Editor's Wad Tool doesn't seem to like wads that have only static items in them, like with some of the items uploaded to TRSearch. It gives an error and doesn't open them. It can be circumvented by opening them in the old wadmerger and putting the static items into a wad with movables though.

Also, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but the sound editor doesn't seem to function right in the most recent released version. The sounds and settings changed revert to their state prior to editing when selecting another sound slot, even if you save them each after editing.
Both WadTool and SoundTool are not finished, hence the issues.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-18, 16:15   #1242
RocketLombax
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
You might have something in your texture set file then. TGA, PNG and BMP should work, I can't remember if there are other formats on the list of supported ones. I once made a PNG using Gimp and it caused a crash too, so you might be onto something... what format are you saving as again? Try BMP, I always find them safest.

Both WadTool and SoundTool are not finished, hence the issues.
Ah, I figured as much! Tomb Editor may be unfinished, but it's still easily one of the most competent, carefully crafted pieces of fan-made (or even professional) software I've ever used. It still pleases me so much to see this amount of passion put into continuing the TRLE legend, even after all these years! I'm eager for the upcoming developments, but I'll remain patient.

As far as the texture goes, I honestly can't figure out what's wrong with it. It was a 24bit TGA and I tried saving it as BMP and PNG, but there was still no luck in getting TE to build. Seems to be the same for all the Manor Textures by Mike Quahe from TRSearch in their original forms. I was only using this texture set that I put together for testing purposes, but I'd really like to be able to avoid this problem in the future if I want to do any real work with levels.

If anybody wants to try, I put the texture set here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yxc7d4h4u...bined.TGA?dl=0
I cut the textures, assembled them, and saved them using Photoshop, so maybe I just got the settings wrong when saving. I don't really know.
RocketLombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-18, 17:29   #1243
Titak

TGA needs to have the "uncompressed" option ticked when saving it.
At least TRLE/NGLE need the TGA to be uncompressed.
Old 16-04-18, 17:38   #1244
bagas
Archaeologist

Does this work with TRNG yet?
Old 16-04-18, 19:51   #1245
Titak

Not completely.
Old 17-04-18, 04:37   #1246
bagas
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Not completely.
Ah... I see, do basic scripts work? I really want to move on to a better roomedit but there are a lot of NG scripts in the project that I'm working on hehe, thanks Titak btw
Old 17-04-18, 11:42   #1247
LoreRaider
Explorer

This editor supports already a lot of TRNG stuff, it can be just a little buggy on some things, so yes, basic script works, you can still use NG_Center for that
Old 22-04-18, 16:54   #1248
laras
Professor

Help!
laras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-18, 12:25   #1249
Dustie
Relic Hunter

That is a generic message that hardly says anything except for that some number was higher than it should have been, so you need to send your PRJ+WAD+textures to Monty for checking.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-18, 12:55   #1250
laras
Professor

Will do! I was mostly just texturing, clicked "build & play" button to see how textures look in-game, all was working fine.

Did some more texturing, again clicked on "build & play" button and this error came up.

Since Tomb Editor has autosave feature I loaded up earlier autosave when I know I could still "build & play" with no problems, same error comes up, as if everything related to that level somehow got "corrupted" out of the blue.
laras is offline   Reply With Quote