Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 21-06-20, 00:24   #1
LeonDeka

Talking TR4 FMV's - 21st Anniversary 4K Remaster

Hey everyone,

Yeah, I know. It’s been too long! People have asked “Where is TR4 and 5?” “Has LeonDeka died?”

Well, rumors of my death have been gravely exaggerated. Sadly, these remasters just took way too long to do and were much fiddlier than the last ones. This is due to reduced computing power recently, busy with work and a home and family life. Trust me, it creeps up on you!

However, after a year and several arguments with MS Windows later, I finally have (what I consider to be) faithful remasters of the CGI cut-scenes from Tomb Raider 4 and 5.

And apologies if the wording looks similar, but I am posting this between 2 sub-forums to save time.

Now, I know that people have done these already, and you can go on YouTube and search for “TR4 4K upscale” and get 50 results. However, I feel the difference between the “I’m feeling lucky” search and myself is that I did pour a lot of love into each video I did. Manually syncing audio takes time (don’t ask) and finding the right algorithm for the style of the CGI and encoding does wear you out. Plus, I had to fiddle a bit with the colours too.

Regardless, after all this strife, it is done and it is complete!

As usual: YouTube links and Uncompressed Drive links are featured below!

UNCOMPRESSED

YOUTUBE LINKS
FMV00
FMV01
FMV02
FMV03
FMV04
FMV05
FMV06
FMV07
FMV08
FMV09
FMV10
FMV11
FMV12

I guess, I can finally rest now…

*notices Angel of Darkness*….oh ffffff….

Last edited by LeonDeka; 21-06-20 at 22:42. Reason: added youtube links
LeonDeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-20, 23:11   #2
mizuno_suisei

Hi LeonDeka!

I tried to get in touch with you some time ago - unsure where but nice to see you around again.

And these fmvs are EVEN BETTER than they've ever been!

I have a suggestion for you though. I have only been able to try this with one video as my PC definately is not a post processing machine.

Have you tried using Hybrid video for some 60fps interpolation? Theres a handful of google tips on how to make that effect in Hybrid - I find it better than SVP and DmitriRender

Anyway - based on I think your OLD FMV package - I gave it a go on this FMV as it's one or my all time favourites. Please do play it on mobile phone or smart TV for true effect. Choose 1080p60.

I cant help but imagine this would look bloody beautiful on your full upscales.

Full work is never done. Theres always more
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-21, 16:15   #3
JOHN30011887

Fmv 09 is out of sync
Overall the rest are great
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote