Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 29-06-20, 21:02   #781
moirrey

people say a lot of dumb things, where does one even begin.

Last edited by moirrey; 29-06-20 at 21:42. Reason: meh
moirrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 11:24   #782
DragonSlayer

One Direction fans are at it again.

It was in one of today's newspapers that American One Direction fans are outraged at how Niall Horan was treated during last Friday's comic relief.

To cut a long story short last Friday as part of comic relief an old Irish TV kids show The Den was brought back as part of comic relief, during The Den One Direction singer Niall Horan was cut off mid song as part of the sketch.

One Direction fans went crazy saying that Niall Horan had been disrespected by being cut off prematurely and that they should apologize to Niall Horan.

They also demanded that The Den be cancelled, that won't happen as The Den was cancelled 9 years ago and it's last episode was on September 19th 2010.

Anyone remember a few years back when one of the guys from One Direction I forget which one was seen smoking a cigarette and One Direction fans went into meltdown screaming that their lives had been ruined and tearing up expensive One Direction concert tickets, did they not know how much those tickets cost?

People like that put One Direction on too high a pedestal and expected them to be squeaky clean all the time easier said than done.

Look at all the Justin Bieber has done over the years like spitting on his fans and constantly picking fights with photographers and everything else that he has done, I don't see any Justin Bieber fans screaming that their lives have been ruined or tearing expensive JB concert tickets.

There was no overreaction from Hannah Montana obsessed fans when Miley Cyrus twerked on stage.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 20:58   #783
Blue_light

Saw this on the news today:

"(...) beaches are polluted with microbial bacteria".

I mean, yeah, that's what bacteria are, after all.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 21:04   #784
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_light View Post
Saw this on the news today:

"(...) beaches are polluted with microbial bacteria".

I mean, yeah, that's what bacteria are, after all.
Explain this, then:

Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 21:20   #785
Blue_light

^They're amoebas, not bacteria.
Old 07-07-20, 22:10   #786
DragonSlayer

Just over a year ago a local politician said he wanted to tear down an entire building just so he could put a fountain in its place.

A local newspaper has for the past 18 months been running some daft articles like guy can't get to a relatives confirmation because his sports car can't make it over the speed bumps and lots of other daft articles I'd link to them if they weren't hidden behind a paywall.

That papers website is turning into Waterford Whispers which is a parody news website for anyone that hasn't heard of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if stories like dog found on bus start appearing on the website followed by other really stupid articles like sand found on beach, when it rains things get wet, what happens when you eat crisps for a week we investigate and two major news articles that are must read items like ice cream melts in hot weather and sick people found in hospital.
Old 08-07-20, 11:01   #787
SnatchingEdges

Kanye West running for president and this aspiring congressman just said the dumbest thing I've ever read. You all Americans are really something else, I wish you luck with all those clowns up there.

https://twitter.com/KwCongressional/...41525483999238
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 11:12   #788
Yeauxleaux

I really wish there was somehow a law or rule that only people with experience working in politics can be selected for President.

I mean that should be 101 anyway, I don't know why it even needs to be said, but unfortunately it does. I remember seeing a meme during the 2016 presidential election where people were saying "ever wonder how some things get where they are?" and it was poking fun at Hillary Clinton. I'm not a fan of Hillary either but ****, how you gonna say that about her and not Trump? I mean at least Hillary has had a career in politics and been literally married to a former president, she had that much going for her at least.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 08-07-20 at 11:14.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 20:06   #789
Blue_light

Calling the "The Last of Us" fungus a virus.

I noticed that a good chunk of my posts here are related to biology or science in general.
Old 30-07-20, 13:02   #790
DragonSlayer

The British media is at it again claiming that Irish people are British, the latest Irish person they are claiming is British is Normal People star Paul Mescal, in the past the British media has claimed that other Irish people Saoirse Ronan, Colin Farrell, Michael Fassbender and boxer Katie Taylor are all British.

Would it kill them to do a little bit of fact checking before making false claims.