Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 12-12-18, 01:31   #31
Greatest TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
This is REALLY accurate.
Totally true

I feel sorry for Crystal dynamics fans, they don't know what they missing out from classic Tomb Raider era back in the day. They thought they got the best zhit, well they thought wrong.

I'm so grateful I got to witness and experience the best of Core Design of classic Tomb Raider series. The 90's era was something back then. Still, impress to this day.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 22:54   #32
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
Totally true

I feel sorry for Crystal dynamics fans, they don't know what they missing out from classic Tomb Raider era back in the day. They thought they got the best zhit, well they thought wrong.

I'm so grateful I got to witness and experience the best of Core Design of classic Tomb Raider series. The 90's era was something back then. Still, impress to this day.
I miss the 90s, what I wouldn't give just to relive those days.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 23:21   #33
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
[IMG]https://www.tombraiderforums.com/picture.php?albumid=380&pictureid=11523[IMG]
Bravo.

Last edited by Admles; 13-12-18 at 05:45.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 05:46   #34
lance6439

Lara was always left leaning.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 11:12   #35
Shirley_Manson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Lara was always left leaning.
What makes you say that? The fact that she escaped her parents grasp and didn't want an arranged marriage?
But then again, I don't see her protesting for gun control.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 14:54   #36
lance6439

Well, for starters, she wouldn’t want to be affiliated with a political party that’s obsessed with wanting control what women do. Lmao.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 15:20   #37
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
What makes you say that? The fact that she escaped her parents grasp and didn't want an arranged marriage?
But then again, I don't see her protesting for gun control.
What do you mean? those dual pistols, Shotgun and Silenced and scoped MP5 are totally legal in Britain!

Also she didn't shoot up Area 51, that was fake news.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 15:29   #38
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Also she didn't shoot up Area 51, that was fake news.
I’m honestly not the type that cares much about the whole Area 51 incident, but the fact is, she didn’t leave on good terms, sending them off with a nice cup of tea and cakes. She shot almost everyone that got in her way, so she did technically shoot up the place. Granted, I think it’s more of a “get out of my way or I’ll make you” type of situation, so it’s not like she did that just to kill some people.

A taser gun or something not as lethal would’ve been better suited for the game tbh. It’s not as controversial and it doesn’t paint Lara as some brutal psycho-killer. But, I get that that would have required more work, especially for just two levels.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-18, 00:49   #39
Greatest TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I miss the 90s, what I wouldn't give just to relive those days.
I feel you, I know where you are coming from. Actually, I watched a video of Tomb Raider 1 gameplay and I read some comment of the current generation that they totally understood now why Core Design TR games are better. Which is a good sign.

Last edited by Greatest TR; 15-12-18 at 14:48.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-18, 21:12   #40
Yeauxleaux

I guess she was slightly left-leaning in the classical sense (which I would comfortably describe myself as), but definitely not in the bat**** crazy 2010s sense. Otherwise I think classic Lara was purely Lara-leaning tbh, everyone else be damned.

She's a rebel in the sense that she's totally self-serving, but I never saw her as particularly revolutionary and trying to completely overturn the aristocracy and class system herself. She still gladly took advantage of her opportunities, inherenting that cosy cottage in the country as "scraps" of her aristocratic stock, she didn't exactly give up all her wealth and take up a council flat in Hackney. She just felt actively partaking in aristocratic life wasn't for her, personally.

I actually interpret her as likely having a very strong "survival of the fittest" mentality and quite a bleak, realist view of the world. I see her as quite George Carlin-esque in that sense (who was left-leaning, again in the classical sense). I think being in that position is what makes her so detached and wanting to be isolated from everyone; she doesn't see the best in anyone and wants nothing to do with anyone else. Of course, she's not a Debbie Downer, so she's going to hide all that behind some cutting sarcasm, which is her coping mechanism.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 15-12-18 at 21:21.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote