Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-10-19, 06:43   #21
biscuits

Off the top of my head, Paititi, reused animations from 2008, side quests that only served to ruin the game, and once again relying too much on icon vomit to extend the game's hours.

But at least it's no Angel Of Darkness and thank heaven for that.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 07:08   #22
veigafd

Lack of organization in the "hype department" which led to almost a year of speculation just for a single outfit.
Lack of replay content and unnecessary online component after the hit that was endurance (it's almost a joke honestly).
Too much walking simulator sections.
And why remove the weapons finisher moves????
Repetitive NPC faces that lives in the same time at the same universe in Cozumel ,Hellteetee and San Juan.
Outfit restriction gone somehow wrong and Full of bugs that even they possibly couldn't understand, since sometimes Lara appeared after the loading in Hellteetee bald and with bugged outfits because of that leading to crashes.
Lack of care with AOD skin which was perfect in rise ( now this felt like a "**** it" choice from them, it's boy like they don't know how tô animate It since Survivor Lara has mouth animations ).
There is a Lot of documents scattered around in easy places like,not even trying to be Secrets.
Lack of day cycles and enemy respawn.
Useless Photo contest feature in the main menu that they abandoned as fast as they've could.
Horrendous ending for a good beginning ( in this game itself and the trilogy as a whole).
Next time you can embrace ALL the historical content you want but please don't take the Fun and players free will on things out of It for god's sake.

Last edited by veigafd; 20-10-19 at 07:10.
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 07:28   #23
E.Carnby

I was most disappointed that we couldn't explore the pyramid we saw in the trailer, on box art, and in loading screen. Paititi was a city surrounded by a rock. The pyramid was on the rock wall. We could never go up the long stairs. I couldn't explore what I saw in the distance. Temple of the Sun and his tomb. Why couldn't climb on his roof and watch the paititi. Why couldn't wander through the endless jungle? Why couldn't travel by boat on the Amazon river? Where are all the predators as crocodile, mosquitoes and others? Unused potential. EM took a bite more than they could take. After the final credits would be nice to have the opportunity to explore the restored manor. Sadly, the third final game didn't make Crystal Dynamics that can do with their game engine more. Avengers doesn't interest me.

Last edited by E.Carnby; 20-10-19 at 07:31.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 15:16   #24
Robwood

Outside of Paititi's restriction and linear exploration, the only major gripe I have is that the trilogy consists of hole games where you can't press A/X to get past the start screen--you must press Start/Options. In fact, now that I think about it, why do games even have a start screen to begin with? It's an unnecessary extra step.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 16:27   #25
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
Outside of Paititi's restriction and linear exploration, the only major gripe I have is that the trilogy consists of hole games where you can't press A/X to get past the start screen--you must press Start/Options. In fact, now that I think about it, why do games even have a start screen to begin with? It's an unnecessary extra step.
On console at least its to make sure it loads the save files relevant to the current user. Like your PSN and Xbox Gamertag.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 16:42   #26
Robwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
On console at least its to make sure it loads the save files relevant to the current user. Like your PSN and Xbox Gamertag.
Why can't the console just do that from the main menu?
Old 23-10-19, 17:47   #27
OrangeJuice

the reboot games on pc don't have any start screens we win!
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 18:03   #28
_Seth

I think it's for tradition, as a harken back to the slot machine days of Insert Coin, but yeah it's incredibly stupid. There's no reason the game can't automatically activate the save you're on.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 21:58   #29
Robwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
the reboot games on pc don't have any start screens we win!
So you never see this?

Instead, you go straight to this?

Also, you have 99 achievements/trophies while we have 100. We win!
Old 23-10-19, 22:28   #30
OrangeJuice

yeah, we go straight to the main menu. and your 100th achievement is not a real achievement, so... do you really win?
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote