www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 27-02-21, 08:52   #831
jackali
Super Moderator

As someone who supposedly found Jesus, you could do with showing it a little. Did Jesus not teach not only to love thy neighbour, but also to not judge others.

To essentially say that some people are abnormal both judges them and is not very loving.

It doesn't sound to me as though you found Jesus at all, if you don't understand or practise his teachings.

You seem more like someone who puts stock in the teachings of the Old Testament, which largely have nothing to do with those of Jesus. The judgement you pass on others says more about you than it does the people you judge.

In short, what you just said was one of the dumb things people say.
Old 27-02-21, 09:26   #832
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Religious ppl who say God doesn't condemn your homosexuality, but you acting on it

Wow so I gotta stay single and virgin forever. That sounds so wonderful, thanks for cheering me up church lady.
Old 27-02-21, 12:19   #833
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
shadow is the best in the trilogy
Don't be so hard on yourself, FanosCroft . That's not a dumb thing to say when it's true.

I thought you'd said this before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
SOTTR is the best in trilogy
Aww.

Last edited by Rai; 28-02-21 at 22:33.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 19:21   #834
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
As someone who supposedly found Jesus, you could do with showing it a little. Did Jesus not teach not only to love thy neighbour, but also to not judge others.

To essentially say that some people are abnormal both judges them and is not very loving.

It doesn't sound to me as though you found Jesus at all, if you don't understand or practise his teachings.

You seem more like someone who puts stock in the teachings of the Old Testament, which largely have nothing to do with those of Jesus. The judgement you pass on others says more about you than it does the people you judge.

In short, what you just said was one of the dumb things people say.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
Men calling themselves „queens“...

Thank God I found Jesus. I can’t believe that I used to think of this behavior as
normal...
How do you even look at yourself in the mirror and think "yes, this is what God wants from me"? It is one thing to choose to deny what you are and endorse whatever frustration/sadness it can bring to yourself, but it's something entirely different and worse to say or think things like you've just said.

Quote:
When claiming that the Bible forbids homosexuality, most people point to Leviticus 18:22 which reads, “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.”

But others have argued that the passage is merely one of many archaic religious laws that are no longer relevant to today’s modern times and do not need to be upheld.
From the HuffPost: 13 Things The Bible Forbids Other Than Homosexuality (That You’re Probably Guilty Of Doing). There are plenty of articles like this one quoting all the things you're not supposed to do according to the old testament, which is not even meant to be relevant anymore.

Because no, I truly don't think your God will send you to the good place when he sees that you thought you were at least as good as him to allow yourself to judge others the way he is supposed to do when the time comes... instead of actually loving your neighbor like you are supposed to do. Stop the hypocrisy, you're not being a good Christian right now.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 21:57   #835
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Seeing Trump on the TV just now since he was kicked out of The White House reminded me of the time he tweeted Covfefe.

Maybe he was trying to say coffee and being undoubtedly exhausted after hours of tweeting his usual bull he tweeted Covfefe by mistake.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 22:02   #836
Los Angeles
Inactive

Pretty sure he was trying to say „coverage“.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-21, 22:19   #837
TRhalloween
Tomb Raider

I heard someone say something so dumb.
Old 01-03-21, 13:52   #838
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
Pretty sure he was trying to say „coverage“.
We may never know what if anything he meant by Covfefe more than likely he deliberately tweeted that, knowing that it would get people talking while he did something while people's attention was elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRhalloween View Post
What was that something dumb that you heard someone say or are you referring to Trump tweeting Covfefe?
Old 01-03-21, 14:43   #839
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRhalloween View Post
That's what you get from reading Los Angeles' posts
Old 26-03-21, 21:46   #840
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

I saw this on Gamecentral last night and couldn't not

If I get an Xbox Series X without a disc drive how do I play my old disc-based games?

The guy answered his question with his question and there are two answers to that question, 1 you don't and 2 keep your old Xbox that can play disc-based games.