Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 05-03-24, 19:47   #5211
dcw123

I know for a fact I've asked this in the past - and I've forgotten - and I didn't write down the answer!
Again - lack of TE (and related tools) tutorials / 'How To' Guide is a real issue IMO. I can't see many on the forums, unless I'm mistaken.

Trying to build a TR1 level using TR1 engine/WADs.
I only started building today - everything was fine.

Updated T.E to a newer version and loaded my project into there - built. Went to play and the game crashed on the passport. Apparently SFX were missing.
I tried loading the TR1.XML included in the Tomb Editor folder - it won't Autodetect the samples.
Tried pointing the Paths to where the XML is located but still nothing - and TR1 doesn't have a 'Sounds' folder like TRLE has.
Its annoying cause something it autodetects fine, but here it doesn't - sadly I don't know enough to understand why this is.
How can I find all the TR1 sounds and make it so they show green (found)
I really need to write these down!!

Last edited by dcw123; 05-03-24 at 19:48.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-24, 20:39   #5212
LoreRaider

I have just created a new TR1 project using TombIDE, sounds are all there so I don't know what you did previously (I can't remember if they were there already months ago but I think so)

But anyway, what I would do (since you already have an ongoing project) it's the following:
-Create a new dummy project in any folder you want
-Copy the Sounds folder from that dummy project into your real project folder (usually it's on the root folder of your project)
-Open your level(s) .prj2, go to Tools->Level Settings->Sound Sample Paths and include on top that new folder you've previously copied

Last edited by LoreRaider; 05-03-24 at 20:45.
LoreRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-24, 12:05   #5213
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
I have just created a new TR1 project using TombIDE, sounds are all there so I don't know what you did previously (I can't remember if they were there already months ago but I think so)

But anyway, what I would do (since you already have an ongoing project) it's the following:
-Create a new dummy project in any folder you want
-Copy the Sounds folder from that dummy project into your real project folder (usually it's on the root folder of your project)
-Open your level(s) .prj2, go to Tools->Level Settings->Sound Sample Paths and include on top that new folder you've previously copied
Thank you! And I'm definitely writing this down incase it happens again.
I build the level the old fashioned way (loading WAD, TGA manually into Tomb Editor) but then of course it couldn't find the sounds.
I've now made a folder with the SFX in, loaded the XML and it worked
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-24, 13:38   #5214
LoreRaider

At some point you'll have to embrace the new methods, as they save you plenty of time and frustration, they exist for a reason
LoreRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-24, 19:34   #5215
mathew9r

Now, this might be a long shot in asking because I looked through all the documentation and couldn't exactly find a definitive answer.

Is it at all possible with TEN Lua to set a default HP of an Enemy Movable instead of having to do it for each Triggered? Mainly akin to like how one could do it through TRNG's Customised script.(I had to do some hacky ways when making the bosses for my last Levelset to make sure HP values stuck with select enemies.)

This also leads me onto another question related to Health, can the weapons current default damage(e.g. Revolvers High Dmg) at all be changed or am I stuck having to use what I can from the default games? As far as I remember TRNG also allowed this to be customised.

Mainly asking as I want to start working on some custom weapon for my next levelset
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-24, 21:38   #5216
not again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew9r View Post
Is it at all possible with TEN Lua to set a default HP of an Enemy Movable instead of having to do it for each Triggered? Mainly akin to like how one could do it through TRNG's Customised script.(I had to do some hacky ways when making the bosses for my last Levelset to make sure HP values stuck with select enemies.)
Yes, the first (setting HP) is definitely possible, I do not know about the second (weapons).

Here's how to change the hitpoints by Slot ID. In my example I have set the hitpoints of Demigod3 to 10.

Code:
function WeakDemigod()

local weak_loser = GetMoveablesBySlot(TEN.Objects.ObjID.DEMIGOD3)

for index, moveable in pairs(weak_loser) do
		moveable:SetHP(1,10)
	end
end
the function names WeakDemigod and weak_loser are obviously just example names that you can/should change to better fit your case.
To trigger the change at the start of the level, you need to put the line WeakDemigod() under OnStart. So in total your level script should then look like this:

Code:
LevelFuncs.OnLoad = function() end
LevelFuncs.OnSave = function() end
LevelFuncs.OnStart = function() 
	WeakDemigod()
end
LevelFuncs.OnLoop = function() end
LevelFuncs.OnEnd = function() end

-------------------

function WeakDemigod()

end
end

Last edited by not again!; 06-03-24 at 21:50.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-24, 22:30   #5217
mathew9r

Quote:
Originally Posted by not again! View Post
Yes, the first (setting HP) is definitely possible, I do not know about the second (weapons).

Here's how to change the hitpoints by Slot ID. In my example I have set the hitpoints of Demigod3 to 10.

Code:
function WeakDemigod()

end
end
the function names WeakDemigod and weak_loser are obviously just example names that you can/should change to better fit your case.
To trigger the change at the start of the level, you need to put the line WeakDemigod() under OnStart. So in total your level script should then look like this:

Code:
LevelFuncs.OnLoad = function() end
LevelFuncs.OnSave = function() end
LevelFuncs.OnStart = function() 
	WeakDemigod()
end
LevelFuncs.OnLoop = function() end
LevelFuncs.OnEnd = function() end

-------------------

function WeakDemigod()

end
end
You're a Star for that one! Thanks! I'll keep an eye out if anyone does come across to how the dmg values of weapons work and if it is indeed possible to change it.
mathew9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-24, 12:50   #5218
TombRaiderTim

So, I've been experimenting with TR3 as of late and I came to learn in relation to the 4 meteorite artifacts that if you check all the boxes in the OCB window from Bit 1 to 5 it will naturally make them glow green and rotate as in game. I am wondering if it's possible to change said glow color or if its hardcoded into the game, that and also avoid the end level trigger upon pickup because Meteorite Cavern avoids this somehow.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote