Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 21-01-15, 20:38   #21
PhantomPain

Could you provide some screenshots from the Tomb of Seth?
PhantomPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-15, 20:44   #22
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain View Post
Could you provide some screenshots from the Tomb of Seth?
They are in the OP
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-15, 22:23   #23
Sardoc

Well... glad I could help after all lul.

Yeah quite obviously this is a temporary solution until a trigger editor becomes available, however long or short that may take. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Will download them and try in TRLE.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-15, 22:54   #24
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
Well... glad I could help after all lul.

Yeah quite obviously this is a temporary solution until a trigger editor becomes available, however long or short that may take. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Will download them and try in TRLE.
Yes! Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I found some other stupidness:

The level Desert Railroad makes use of distance fog which makes the horizon blend nicely with the edges of the level.
BUT, it seems that distance fog actually doesn't work when Volumetric FX is activated.
Somehow the game does load the level with the distance fog, even when volumetric FX is enabled, but if you then save the game and load it again, the distance fog is gone and the whole horizon gets messed up and black.
If you then turn of Volumetric FX and reload your savegame, the distance fog is fine again.
I tried adding a fog flipeffect trigger with a color that's almost identical to the distance fog, but this doesn't fix anything.

Sigh... what was Core doing?

SO I guess the only way to have the fog nicely in Desert Railroad is to play it all the way through at once without reloading, or temporarily turn off volumetric fx.

Last edited by TRJTA; 22-01-15 at 12:50.
Old 24-01-15, 19:16   #25
Mytly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Could a moderator please remove the question mark from this title thread and make it an exclamation mark or something? :P
Done.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-15, 23:18   #26
TRJTA

Thank you!
Old 07-03-15, 14:14   #27
xcrushterx

To be honest, in the "fixed" screenshots it just looks to me like volumetric FX has been disabled. I like the blue fog anyway, so I think I'll keep it
xcrushterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 02:40   #28
daedrix

I hope I'm not necroposting by too much replying in this thread...

Quoting from another thread on this matter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Thanks for the link, I'm going to try the fix. I can't believe that Core Design messed up like that. It's probably why the fog effect was not added into the Playstation version and why it is off by default on PC.

EDIT

It works, but the cutscene of Von Croys men arriving still has the blue fog and its so strong in the scene where the whole thing is just blue. Plus this messes up the water room where Lara walks on water as I'm sure that is meant to be blue.

Either way it would be cool if this did get addressed in the TR4 HD Remake. For now I'll leave the fog off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
No, the fat that the effect is missing from PSX is probably just because of limitations or something like that. They only got it wrong in Karnak after all.

Yep, the cutscene with Von Croy actually happens in another level, so the fog is still untouched. I guess it's just that several triggers are missing to change the color when needed, so changing the color of one trigger doesn't fix everything.
Is it possible to add triggers to a level by modding it?
Another fix for the volumetric fx imo would be to just tune it down, like in the Dreamcast version. There the fx is more subtle; on PC everything is enveloped by a cyan light so strong that to see anything one has to light a flare XD
daedrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-21, 22:06   #29
Vitin_96

Is there a way to add more triggers in the karnak levels? Because when you are in sacred lake and returns to temple of karnak, the fog fix resets and that weird blue haze effect is back...
Vitin_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-21, 03:59   #30
HarleyCroft

When I saw the thread title on the forum homepage I thought it would be a fix for Lara's sludge-coloured shirt in this game
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote