Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 23-10-21, 21:17   #19001
jeffrey van oort

@ Elioft
So you're saying that cut film is being prepared to be released to the public?

If they'd release this after they've cut this, then why was it so important to cut this? This isn't on the DVD.

A cancelled TRIII? Really? They are going to talk about that? You've got to be kidding.

I'd like to bring up something that was said by Lara Croft in the fantastic Tomb Raider film the Cradle of life, which is, "Some things lost aren't meant to be found".

And with these words I became a fan. 200 hours of additional footage could not be better than that moment.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-21, 21:37   #19002
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey van oort View Post
@ Elioft
So you're saying that cut film is being prepared to be released to the public?

If they'd release this after they've cut this, then why was it so important to cut this? This isn't on the DVD.

A cancelled TRIII? Really? They are going to talk about that? You've got to be kidding.

I'd like to bring up something that was said by Lara Croft in the fantastic Tomb Raider film the Cradle of life, which is, "Some things lost aren't meant to be found".

And with these words I became a fan. 200 hours of additional footage could not be better than that moment.
No no no I was just explaining how was my project wich is a documentary about the TR movies with AJ it's not official at all.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-21, 01:25   #19003
jeffrey van oort

Pardon me, but who are you for the movies then?
The material that you are describing sounds a bit confidential, maybe? A cancelled TRIII movie and, pre- production deleted scenes. Like, what? Also this wasn't on the dvd. This is sort of huge news for nothing official really. On a personal note, it won't beat Tomb Raider: The Cradle of life. Are you sure that this material must be shared, and can be shared without breaking something? We've recently had released to us the public footage of Ascension. Which isn't a Tomb Raider, and Ascension never will be a Tomb Raider. I don't know if you've noticed this, but releasing ascension footage was sort of a fiasco amongst Tomb Raider players. They'd break with the Tomb Raider series if it'd get out. It isn't because ascension didn't work as a videogame, but that ascension didn't work as a Tomb Raider product. The same could be so for the material you're about to lay bear. Are you sure?
Old 26-10-21, 01:50   #19004
Rai

Ellioft gets his material by legitimate means, even getting interviews from those involved. I believe he runs a fansite. He gets permission to show material. It's a fan project he's been working on for ages.

Ascension has nothing to do with this, so I don't know why you mentioned it here.

I'm looking forward to seeing your video, Ellioft.

Last edited by Rai; 26-10-21 at 01:52.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-21, 06:29   #19005
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Ellioft gets his material by legitimate means, even getting interviews from those involved. I believe he runs a fansite. He gets permission to show material. It's a fan project he's been working on for ages.

Ascension has nothing to do with this, so I don't know why you mentioned it here.

I'm looking forward to seeing your video, Ellioft.
Thanks Rai

Indeed I write for an official fansite and have several interviews with the creators from the first movie and even the reboot.

About for the assets used in the video they are from comics book (but most of them are altered), movies stills, concept arts (wich some were all into a nightmare of watermarks wich I have to erase for consistency sake), some videos (like commercials, cutscenes etc are coming from youtube channels but all of them are going to be credited and I insist on that).

Some articles I showed on the video are coming from Tomb Raider Chronicles, IGN, Variety etc and some of the informations are coming from an excellent book called Lights Camera Game Over and also the official compagnon book, also others like extensive resumes from every scripts penned are coming from me reading all the scripts.

A friend created me an additional storyboard and also a full animation (wich isn't finished.

I also have invested my own money in this (buying scripts are not free).

Imagine this video like that : Every articles (checked), most of the interviews, audio commentary etc you might have seen about the first and second movie with an extra layer of information and visual context all put into a full voiceover (in French) with eng subs

I will try to deliver everything for the month of november maybe I will make a trailer before the release.

One last thing you must not expect a full gag review, or a lot of cheeky moments it's rather serious and I hope no one will find that boring but that's the angle I have chosen.

Last edited by Ellioft; 26-10-21 at 06:31.
Old 26-10-21, 11:53   #19006
jeffrey van oort

So, when I've read that you have invested your own money into doing this Tomb Raider fan project for your official fan website, I've thought that maybe you should get paid for doing this? But by who? Just out of curiosity, how much has it been all together? The only thing that I can do personally, is say thank you, for spending your time, and resources to deliver a nice fan documentary, a collection of video footage, and fan collected material. The Tomb Raider experience.
Old 26-10-21, 19:09   #19007
JocLo

Indeed, thanks Ellioft! Great work and effort behind your work.
JocLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-21, 20:31   #19008
PinkyPromise

Angelina Jolie talking about TR for a minute ... not a big deal but you know ... she talks so little about the franchise that it is cool when happen.

https://twitter.com/angelinajeffect/...61798389518338

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 26-10-21 at 21:21.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-21, 22:47   #19009
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Angelina Jolie talking about TR for a minute ... not a big deal but you know ... she talks so little about the franchise that it is cool when happen.

https://twitter.com/angelinajeffect/...61798389518338
I wonder why she never mentioned Lara as a character

Also thanks JocLo and jeffrey van ort ^^

Last edited by Ellioft; 26-10-21 at 22:48.
Old 26-10-21, 22:54   #19010
PinkyPromise

It's rare that no journalist asks her what she thinks about Alicia like Lara and the reboot.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote