Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 24-10-21, 19:12   #4361
Lwmte

Yes, this is the problem of obsolete UI library used by TE/WT/TIDE. You need to go to application settings (right-click) and play with DPI scaling options in compatibility tab (not sure if these settings are still there in win11 though).
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-21, 23:42   #4362
jvry

Two newbie questions:

1. can you duplicate room geometry without including any items or triggers in the room?

2. I've been playing with group textures and 2x2 grid texturing, but was wondering if there's a way to do other grid-based texturing, say one high and X squares across?

As an example, if I wanted to have the MIDAS texture as a banner above a door, is there a way to select just the part of the wall I want, and select the entire MIDAS texture and paste it? Or for anything that isn't either 2x2 or wall to ceiling am I limited to the brush and pencil?
jvry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-21, 05:17   #4363
Lwmte

1. Select geometry, ctrl+c, select other part of any room, ctrl+v
2. If you hold mouse button over 2x2 grid tool or right-click, it will allow you to select other sizes. For scenario you described you can use group texturing, although it does not allow and will not allow selecting particular horizontal part of the wall.
Old 26-10-21, 06:19   #4364
AkyV

Hello!
I've just had my first looks on TE trigger editor panel in TR5 and TEN mode.
My first impressions (I haven't tried anything yet, I am just curious):
- TR5 Skeleton trigger is something with outfit changes?
- TEN triggers look like classic triggers, and the panel name is "legacy trigger editor". How do I need to get all of this?
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-21, 06:58   #4365
Lwmte

Yes, skeleton trigger type was used in VCI levels to make X-Ray effect working. As many other things in TR5, its usage is very limited and it possibly won't work or crash game if your level numbers are not the same as VCI levels or you don't have specific objects (like Lara X-Ray skin) in your wad.

Trigger window is called "legacy" in TEN mode because in TEN, legacy floordata triggers will be replaced with 3D volumetric triggers. However, old-styled floor triggers will also be kept, but for legacy purposes (most likely there will be no extra trigger types added to them).
Old 26-10-21, 21:08   #4366
AkyV

Thanks for the answer.

Some more remarks about classic triggers there:
1. Climb, Crawl, Tightrope - I suppose these TR5 triggers activates only if Lara is doing these animations. (In the meantime I have got a "yes" answer for this, scrolling through TRosettaStone 3.0.)
2. Monkey - I am surpised that TR3 does not have this trigger. I mean, we met monkey swinging in TR3 at the first time, but there is no trigger assignment to this animation there. (Honestly I can't remember that TR3 or TR3Gold how handled a situation where monkey triggering was needed.)
3. I realized that some "obsolete" triggers haven't been restored for any engine here - like Bodybag or Cutscene. Later or they cannot be?
I mean, TRosettaStone confirms that Clear Body item flag (which is restored for TE) works together with Bodybag trigger, so it looks only a half of a feature.
Old 26-10-21, 23:59   #4367
Lwmte

Quote:
TRosettaStone confirms that Clear Body item flag (which is restored for TE) works together with Bodybag trigger, so it looks only a half of a feature.
I hope people can live without it and universe will not collapse if we don't support this "feature".
Old 27-10-21, 05:44   #4368
AkyV

Narurally, naturally. (I was just curious what your POV is in this.)
Old 27-10-21, 06:55   #4369
Lwmte

The problem with making it possible in TE is that those trigger actions were reused by TRNG for ActionNg and ConditionNg, and TE architecture has troubles using other trigger actions for other game versions in such case. There will be too much work to make it work properly, so I doubt we need it, given that most likely those trigger actions were never used in custom levels.
Old 31-10-21, 12:07   #4370
AkyV

After 1.4.5. patching (Maybe before that as well? - I couldn't check it before):
If I click on "sample palette from textures" button, the palette won't flip immediately, first I need to click on any part of the palette as well.

EDIT:
The same for "Palette reset" button.

Last edited by AkyV; 31-10-21 at 12:12.