Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-11-19, 18:50   #11
Prinz Eugen

Interesting, thanks for this
I see that some are gained only if you have Rise saved in your system. Idk how it works but I don’t have Rise (I mean, I do but on the 360) and I happen to have some like the ones from TR II. Ok whatever...
My favourites are the Blue Heron Tunic, Tactical Adventurer and Midnight Sentinel. I also like the Leather Jacket very much.
Prinz Eugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 18:51   #12
LateRaider
Inactive

ok, now that i don't have to run out to brunch anymore, i'll reply in more detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
Nice job! I was thinking about the websites not updating them the other day.
im thinking of sending these in to a few places for their use. powerpyx, stella, maybe ign? not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
The default outfit is the best for me. I truly don't like the rest of them, not even the classic recolor and the classic skins look like she's covered in wax or something.

Great job!
thank you! my favorite of the new outfits is probably hunter's array apex, but i have a soft spot for ozcollo's tunic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Some of y'all about to be real mad at me, but it must be said...

Adventurer > Tactical Adventurer

Edit: I skimmed through them all. Very nice list. I love how neat and streamlined it is. Must have taken a lot of time to crop and organise them all.
it took me probably 40 min to take the photos (lara just would. not. stop. fidgeting.) and 3 hours to crop them just right tbh. it was annoying but i knew no one else would've done it if i i hadn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I prefer the Adventure outfit, so you’re not alone tomee. It fits her nicely and it’s one of the best outfits we have in the reboot games. Tactical Adventurer is a great outfit as well like, i feel like we shouldn’t of had the classic recolour. The default colour is a nice homage to the classic outfit as it is, well to me anyway.

The rest of the outfits are just horrid. I’m sorry, after we complained so much about the Medieval Crap they gave us in Rise, they do exactly the same in Shadow just with tribal wear.
some of the tribal stuff is cute imo. i like midnight sentinel farseer despite the flimsy-looking sandals. sinchi chiqa honor looks amazing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Thank you for this

These are definitely my very favorite outfits from the whole franchise:

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/QxXHyQmT/image.png[/IMG

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/wMBYhj57/image.png[/IMG

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/02LhNf46/image.png[/IMG

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/cJd9K5BJ/image.png[/IMG
we stan a king with taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Thank you LateRaider.
youre very welcome. idk if tr chronicles has outfit sections like this but by all means, if you want to use these, you also have my express permission to do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
Great job LateRaider.

The default outfit is still my favorite. Along with the red jacket outfit from Rise these two are my favorite in the entire reboot series.
i love the red jacket in rottr but i prefer it without the hat. i'm so sad endurance mode has it with the hat. i never use it as a result

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinz Eugen View Post
Interesting, thanks for this
I see that some are gained only if you have Rise saved in your system. Idk how it works but I don’t have Rise (I mean, I do but on the 360) and I happen to have some like the ones from TR II. Ok whatever...
My favourites are the Blue Heron Tunic, Tactical Adventurer and Midnight Sentinel. I also like the Leather Jacket very much.
weird, i wonder what the actual unlock requirement is.

as much as i used to dislike blue heron tunic for what it stood for, it's growing on me
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 19:39   #13
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
as much as i used to dislike blue heron tunic for what it stood for, it's growing on me
The Blue Heron Tunic is actually quite nice. Of all the tribal trashcan bags, it's the only one that's actually designed in a way that gives her a feminine figure. It hugs her curves and doesn't have ugly fur, feather, chicken legs, rabbit tails, bone ladders over the butt or a stillborn deer fetus hanging everywhere. I'll go even as far to say if it wasn't for the stupid restriction I'd enjoy the tunic and would have no problem wearing it in Paititi, but only in Paititi proper, not the surrounding areas. There's no reason to force it in the Cenote or the City of Serpents.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 19:45   #14
suli
Inactive

yup. the blue tonic outfit is the only tribal outfit I tolerate. It looks nice on Lara and it is actually a beautiful outfit.

that green serpent monstrosity though....don't get me started.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 20:03   #15
Hazelphoenix

Thanks for taking the time to compile this list, LateRaider. It’s truly appreciated!

Well I stand by the fact that the original Tactical adventurer (not the recolor) and Adventurer are still the best looking outfit crafted by EM. It’s incredible how they both created some of the best outfits Lara has EVER worn & some of the worst abomination at the same time.

Honorable mention goes to the various Tactical adventurer recolours, the classic one in particular for being a very nice nod to the og outift. They all look good, just not as good as the standard version, which remains the best to date imo. Another special mention to the Croft Fitness outfit. Apart from feeling undoubtedly out of place and clearly meant for other purposes, it’s a nice change after being flooded with tribal ugliness for months and it looks very good on Lara in-game.

Oh, I must admit that Shadow made me change my mind about the majority of Rise’s outfits. I underestimated them because of my dislike for Rise Lara and the game in general, but looking at them in Shadow they’re not as bad as I thought they would be and are appropriate for what Lara does. Or maybe I’m so fed up with feathers and animal bones that ANYTHING else just feels incredibly amazing lmao.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 20:13   #16
CroftManiac05

Well my favorites are the ROTTR tank top, default and Adventurer. All tribal outfits are hot garbage, but if I had to pick the lesser garbage that would be the tunic of the exiled fox. That's the outfit I'm using in my first playthrough right now.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 21:03   #17
xspacedude

Since everyone is sharing their favorite outfits, I'll do it too.
I love Tactical Adventurer (including Black & Classic), Commando and Sinchi Chiqa Battle Dress.
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 21:18   #18
GFY2013

My favs are (in order):
Tactical Adventurer (Classic), Adventurer, Croft Fitness, Midnight Sentinel, Dragon Scales (Legend), Sinchi Chiqa Battle Dress, Hunter's Array
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 21:21   #19
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Some of y'all about to be real mad at me, but it must be said...

Adventurer > Tactical Adventurer
Why would they be mad? You said nothing wrong.

Honestly though, the Adventurer outfit is really good. The Survivor look, the desert tank top and adventurer are the standouts of the trilogy for me.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 10-11-19 at 21:22.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 21:27   #20
Robwood

I love the classic recolor. However, when I'm not making videos, I tend to stick with Eveningstar's Cape with Greaves of Six Sky.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote