www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: What is your overall opinion of Shadow?
I like it. 115 47.72%
I mostly like it. 89 36.93%
I mostly dislike it. 26 10.79%
I dislike it. 11 4.56%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-19, 22:36   #71
malferink
Explorer
 
malferink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
If she runs around, and bumps into them, they scream at her in anger.
You must know this is really, really far-fetched right
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 22:44   #72
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
You must know this is really, really far-fetched right
Far fetched in what way? All I did was point out the npcs react to her. What other actions should they react to? They know who she is, and stuff she’s done - some comment on it while she’s passing by. I don’t give a damn about how good AI is. IDK why Sypro is bringing it up - probably to look edgy as usual
__________________
We stand undefined. Can't be drawn with a straight line.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 22:46   #73
Cat Woman
Archaeologist
 
Cat Woman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
good game. want the last patch + 8th dlc. thanks
Good game. - I think it is a great game including all the DLCs. (hopefully 8 )
__________________
Pharaoh´s Tomb
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 00:33   #74
Robwood
Professor
 
Robwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrowave View Post
Eidos Montreal didn't know what the hell to do with the skill tree, and it's oddly rough for AAA game...Not sure where TR is headed...
I see where it's going and I don't like it. The skill tree, vendor stands, resource grinding, and currency grinding make it clear. These were made for (and from) the microtransaction economy. CD is working on making the Tomb Raider series a live service. This started back in "Rise" with its weapons and inventory--to this day, I have yet to have a single save file where every weapon is fully upgraded...not to mention that whole card nonsense. They haven't stopped with STR and I'm willing to bet that they're not going to, either.
__________________
I own a PS4.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 04:10   #75
cephasjames
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
I see where it's going and I don't like it. The skill tree, vendor stands, resource grinding, and currency grinding make it clear. These were made for (and from) the microtransaction economy. CD is working on making the Tomb Raider series a live service. This started back in "Rise" with its weapons and inventory--to this day, I have yet to have a single save file where every weapon is fully upgraded...not to mention that whole card nonsense. They haven't stopped with STR and I'm willing to bet that they're not going to, either.
Nah. Those are just common CRPG elements used to allow the character to grow more powerful as the game moves on. Nothing nefarious about them. Poorly executed, but innocent.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 05:46   #76
robm_2007
Legend
 
robm_2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: RIP, Spong! You are very missed!
Posts: 34,809
Default

Let's vote on how poor these poll options are:
Good
Terribly good
Mostly not terrible
Goodly terrible
__________________
SERENlTY NOW

Last edited by robm_2007; 08-08-19 at 06:49.
robm_2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 08:04   #77
SoraSakai
Professor
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Let's vote on his poor these poll options are:
Good
Terribly good
Mostly not terrible
Goodly terrible
Huh?
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 08:52   #78
malferink
Explorer
 
malferink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Far fetched in what way? All I did was point out the npcs react to her. What other actions should they react to? They know who she is, and stuff she’s done - some comment on it while she’s passing by. I don’t give a damn about how good AI is. IDK why Sypro is bringing it up - probably to look edgy as usual
When developers say they 'judge her by her actions', it's natural to expect something deeper than a simple 'hey!' when you bump into them, which is in literally every game nowadays
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 09:14   #79
SoraSakai
Professor
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Far fetched in what way? All I did was point out the npcs react to her. What other actions should they react to? They know who she is, and stuff she’s done - some comment on it while she’s passing by. I don’t give a damn about how good AI is. IDK why Sypro is bringing it up - probably to look edgy as usual
Dude chill lol
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-19, 09:24   #80
Ankh
Student
 
Ankh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 224
Default

I enjoyed the gameplay, music and graphic very much, but the story was definitely the weakest point of this game, the ending was awful and the messiest possible (trinity plotline?!). Overall I think that Shadow is a very good game (but worse that Rise and TR2013), some story/gameplay elements seems very stale.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.