Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 04-07-19, 22:04   #601
Danath

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolftr View Post
When I played the demo I fell in love with it. Im waiting for the full version.
Thank you!

You should love the full game even more then, that first level is the simplest.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 12:04   #602
DaroRaider

Question

Hey Danath, can I make you a question?

I see in your profile that you joined this forum since 2005, quite time back..
Did you joined the TombraiderFans spanish forum, too?
Because that forum was opened close that date and was full of spanish and latinamerican users.. it's very strange that you being a designer wasn't in the levelbuilder section ( maybe with other nickname )
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 17:38   #603
Danath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
I see in your profile that you joined this forum since 2005, quite time back..
Did you joined the TombraiderFans spanish forum, too?
Because that forum was opened close that date and was full of spanish and latinamerican users.. it's very strange that you being a designer wasn't in the levelbuilder section ( maybe with other nickname )
No, i wasn't registered there. In fact, i didn't even know it existed until now that you mentioned it.

I only started building in 2017, it took me a lot of years to attempt it. Turns out i can make a few nice things, so maybe i should have tried sooner.
Old 23-07-19, 20:44   #604
Danath

Default Loving it <3

Hi again! I'm back from my Dxtre vacation.
I have been texturing and lighting some areas from level 6, and i'm loving how it turned out. Here we go:

This is the first hub of the level from 2 different positions. I don't know yet if i will retexture the bell, the gold seems to go well with the rest.
And now my favorite part, the second hub. Love it so much i took 3 shots of it!

In that last shot you can see the sky a bit better. It's a night version of the Tibetan one i used for the previous level:

And a last shot of the ( short ) zipline ride that is included in the level:

You can barely see Lara here, but ingame it looks closer. And the zipline resets when you step on the landing zone, so there's no possible softlock.

------------------------------------
As for the 7th level, i'm still thinking about what to do and try to organize it a bit before starting.
I hope you like how the Ice Temple looks, it took me a lot of time to texture and light these zones. I'm trying to make good use of shadow bulbs to create more contrast, as you can see more clearly on the second hub shots.

Last edited by Danath; 23-07-19 at 20:47.
Old 24-07-19, 11:29   #605
Topixtor

Everything looks lovely, except maybe the blue bricks are a bit wallpapered in some areas, expecially in the first hub's ceiling; it could use some variations.

I remember there being another texture with the same bricks, with some missing ones (used if I remember correctly for some ladders in the original level), maybe you could try and edit those a bit to look less artificial and more like actually ruined
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 17:36   #606
thewolf
Golden

I love it, can't believe you are already at the 7th level
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-19, 19:08   #607
Danath

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
Everything looks lovely, except maybe the blue bricks are a bit wallpapered in some areas, expecially in the first hub's ceiling; it could use some variations.
Thanks! And yeah the ceiling is not great, but i don't want this place to look "ruined".
For the final version i could try to make another texture for that ceiling, maybe using those wooden beams or something. I'll see what i can do when it's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
I love it, can't believe you are already at the 7th level
Thank you!
It feels like i started an eternity ago, but all the work is paying off. Hoping the last levels come up better than the previous ones, it will be difficult but i'll try!
Old 25-07-19, 02:59   #608
DaroRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post

Danath,
I really like these pics, seems you are doing it quite well.
The contrast that is given by the icy walls with the rest of the ambient is unique.
I agree with what Topixtor suggered, maybe you could add some variation to make more customized the room texturization.
That big pot is also an interisting moveable. I wonder to know how you will use it in this adventure.

EDIT: Checking again the screenshots, what about adding some static meshes to make it look more customized the scene? I note empty spaces, not sure if that is intentional.

Last edited by DaroRaider; 25-07-19 at 03:09.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 14:50   #609
BlackWolftr

Red face

OMG. Its looking beautiful <3
BlackWolftr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 20:40   #610
Danath

Quote:
That big pot is also an interisting moveable. I wonder to know how you will use it in this adventure.
It's nothing new, you already know what that big bowl does in the original.

Quote:
EDIT: Checking again the screenshots, what about adding some static meshes to make it look more customized the scene? I note empty spaces, not sure if that is intentional.
Maybe i can add static items when the texture limit is increased. What would you suggest? I could always browse trsearch and such sites and see if something can fit...
There are those pillars with side decorations in the Ice Palace level which i'm using as a base, but i find it really hard to apply them properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolftr View Post
OMG. Its looking beautiful <3
Thank you!