www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 24-06-19, 06:45   #1431
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
I'd argue about Anniversary...
I mean Crystal made it, because they didn't wanted Core D. to get back in the picture. So they had to made an even better remake. Anniversary was not planned by Crystal.
I seriously don't understand, why they had to do this. Tomb Raider might have turned out completely different. Not to mention, it would have been a very nice gesture to let Core to say goodbye to their baby.
Eidos made Crystal make Anniversary after Core got bought by a different company.
Old 24-06-19, 07:40   #1432
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Eidos made Crystal make Anniversary after Core got bought by a different company.
and?

Core Desing was pretty much active when the 10th anniversary of TR was coming along; and Eidos announced a 10th anniversary remake by Crystal.
The thing is, Crystal reimagined it, while Core remade it- expanded it.
At that time they were 'experimenting' with a new engine called Free run. Core got greenlight from Eidos, but Crystal being themselves, tried to got rid of Core D. (no conspiracy here, simply two rival studios, even if Core was a small studio compared to Crystal)
Eidos in the end decided to go along with TRA, even if it was a bit late, and TRAE got shut down...along with Core Desing. (They were struggling to stay relevant and TRAE was their last chance)
Zsott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 08:07   #1433
Samz
Relic Hunter

Was looking at the screenshots of the game on GOG.

Found these.

Lara seems to possibly have a silencer on her right vector.

I know there are promo images for the Scorpion-X, MV9 and Mag Vega with the silencer but never heard anything about the Vector.

Also am I the only one wondering how the heck this only got rated 12+ in European countries?

Considering how the Sanitarium sections have dismembered bodies.

Last edited by Samz; 25-06-19 at 10:46.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 22:21   #1434
Waxyyyy
Student

Quote:
Then history repeated itself with Anniversary and Underworld.

Admittingly Core were too ambitious and missed deadlines but that doesnt change the fact, that wen the games release date was rescheduled and Core got their act together, Eidos just took pretty much a years worth of development time away that they both previously agreed to.
This. It seems to almost repeat itself every time we get to the end of each series - idk about anyone else on here but for me Shadow lacked a certain quality.
Waxyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 08:46   #1435
Deathly Karma
Historian

Quote:
Was looking at the screenshots of the game on GOG.

Found these.

Lara seems to possibly have a silencer on her right vector.

I know there are promo images for the Scorpion-X, MV9 and Mag Vega with the silencer but never heard anything about the Vector.

Also am I the only one wondering how the heck this only got rated 12+ in European countries?

Considering how the Sanitarium sections have dismembered bodies.

I just remembered that AOD is 12+, that's actually insane considering how dark the game is lmfao. The older TR's are like 16+ but this one was way more graphic.
Old 27-06-19, 20:50   #1436
TRExpertgamer

Eidos Interactive was literally a total joke. Like there was nothing that just came right out of their own mouths that is really them!! They have been always putting up on a show and say the craziest things I ever heard of just as much as it was so stupid that they rushed to publish this game right out of the door from Core Design in 2003. Now I finally give myself all the credit from what I learned about relating into the story about the development, the release, the reception, and the legacy for this game as Eidos really had NO RIGHT to ever publish AOD right out of the door from that night in 2003. Now nothing similar will ever happen to the future of Tomb Raider anymore.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 14-09-19 at 02:03.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 02:06   #1437
TRExpertgamer

Hi everyone!! I of course never mean to double post but I insist on chatting with you guys about this general chat topic about the angel of darkness!!
Old 14-09-19, 07:00   #1438
Boobandie

Quote:
Core were still owned by Eidos when TRAE went into production. They weren't sold to Rebellion until May 2006, a month after Legend, and only five months before TRAE was due to be released. According to interviews, Crystal started work on their remake after Toby saw the teaser trailer, presumably afraid of Core wrangling back control of the series they had just been handed.

The game was canned most likely because Legend was a success. Eidos appears to have been hedging their bets at the time. If Legend flopped, then hey we have a shiny remake of the best selling game in the franchise to release later in the year. If it was a success, Crystal gets to stay and continue their own version of Anniversary to be released in 2007.

I'm more mad at Eidos about the Anniversary Edition debacle than Angel of Darkness, AOD was poorly managed by both Core and Eidos so it's a much muddier issue. TRAE is pretty clear cut, there weren't any problems with development, it was on track to being released on time, and nearing the final stages of development when Eidos pulled the plug.

Last edited by Boobandie; 19-09-19 at 01:39.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 13:23   #1439
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathly Karma View Post
I just remembered that AOD is 12+, that's actually insane considering how dark the game is lmfao. The older TR's are like 16+ but this one was way more graphic.
AFAIK the rating stays the same as it was in 2003/2002 when the publisher applied for it.
They can ofc re-apply for it if they wish (normally games like Carmageddon for DOS, this was banned in Germany and they had to change pedestrians to robots etc).
Old 14-09-19, 15:55   #1440
TRExpertgamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
AFAIK the rating stays the same as it was in 2003/2002 when the publisher applied for it.
They can ofc re-apply for it if they wish (normally games like Carmageddon for DOS, this was banned in Germany and they had to change pedestrians to robots etc).
You're absolutely RIGHT about that Ash. It's very fascinating to learn the facts for what you're teaching us about the ratings to the games.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 29-09-19 at 01:06.