www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 06-07-19, 06:14   #631
LateRaider
Archaeologist

The original English dub from the 1990's by DiC/Cloverway can't be bought anymore. It hasn't been aired nor sold in over 15 years. VIZ Media acquired the rights to the series and they re-dubbed it. This new dub stays closer to the original plot, using the characters' Japanese names and original character relationships, genders, and sexual orientations. VIZ are also dubbing the fifth season, Sailor Moon Sailor Stars, for the very first time (Cloverway skipped it because they lost the rights).

Also, I love all of Sailor Moon Crystal, and VIZ's dub did right by the characters by making the dialogue more interesting and the Inner Guardians seem like less of a hivemind. *shrug*
Old 07-07-19, 07:51   #632
xspacedude
Archaeologist

They named the movie Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal Season IV Eternal The Movie in the US btw Part 1 and 2 will be out in 2020 according to the panel.

xspacedude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 12:05   #633
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Hey friends!

Is there anyway I can watch the original 90ís Sailor Moon? I watched it growing up when I was like 7 or 8 years old and I loved it. I had a huge crush on Sailor Moon hahaha

Is there like a DVD boxset? Or something?

I have watched all of the original Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon. All five seasons in the original Japanese with English subtitles, back during the era when to see any of it, you had to order fansubs ripped from the laser discs and translated by fans.

But, the DiC Sailor Moon was the gateway drug that introduced my friend and I to it, and the reason the two of us sought it the real thing later.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 12:50   #634
Heartache
Professor

i hope both movies have a real movie length. and arent only 60 minutes long. i dont want them to skip any chapters from the manga