www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 21-07-19, 16:12   #881
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Well on that note, I would actually have preferred if the first reboot film were not based on TR2013, but rather have its own version of Lara Croft. A version that takes inspiration from all incarnations of her character through the years, and focuses on telling a great, character driven story.

For a long time, I didn't think Lara was suitable for character-driven stories, as she is mainly put into stories with a mcguffin object. But it was actually a few years ago when I read the Top Cow comic book series of TR (1999-2005) that I realised classic Lara had some fantastic potential for a character driven narrative.

I'd love to see a movie that not only has Lara on an operatic, bombastic adventure, but I also want to see why she adventures, what she gains out of it and what it all means to her- and that should have nothing to do with daddy issues .
Old 21-07-19, 18:40   #882
Portugalraider
Professor

In a way it is, though. While based on the reboot game and continuity, this version Lara is still it's own take on the character. She is more of a mix between reboot Lara and AJ's Lara for better and for worse.

Even the movie's story is a completely different take on the same overall "Lara's first adventure on Yamatai" idea. It is inspired by the game but it is nowhere near to be an adaptation of it.
Old 21-07-19, 22:54   #883
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

This hair for the sequel, please Alicia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KDD_BRcpQ8&t=88s

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 21-07-19 at 22:57.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-19, 16:57   #884
Mai
Explorer

Oh! Super happy to have a confirmed sequel
Old 29-07-19, 04:09   #885
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

I was recently reading old Tomb Raider movie articles and came across one where Alicia said she feels there weren't enough women in the last movie. I'm curious if they will incorporate more women this time around and how. Making the main antagonist a woman, maybe their own interpretation of Natla could be great. Or perhaps they will incorporate Sam, but improve her as a stronger character rather than a damsel in distress.
Old 29-07-19, 06:46   #886
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I was recently reading old Tomb Raider movie articles and came across one where Alicia said she feels there weren't enough women in the last movie. I'm curious if they will incorporate more women this time around and how. Making the main antagonist a woman, maybe their own interpretation of Natla could be great. Or perhaps they will incorporate Sam, but improve her as a stronger character rather than a damsel in distress.

Or they can use Sophie who was in the first film.
And doesn't put a forced and outdated reference to Natla.
Old 29-07-19, 07:04   #887
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

That would be great, we didn't see enough of Sophie. I'd just want her to have her own life and be her own independent character and not just some tagalong character.
Old 29-07-19, 07:45   #888
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Or they can use Sophie who was in the first film.
And doesn't put a forced and outdated reference to Natla.
I wasn't impressed by her in the movie to be honest, I feel she is very forgettable. (But maybe it's because she's been on screen for 5 seconds...).

I believe Sam was much more interesting as a character (not considering TR13 story, just the premise: half Japanese, her father is rich so she is a spoiled daughter, she is an aspiring movie director, she is the opposite of Lara: easygoing and friendly and her and Lara met at college.)

Well, we don't know how Sophie and Lara met, probably just because Lara moved to her flat, which is not very interesting; other than that we only know she has children (if I remember right) and that she goes to the same gym as Lara.
She seems like a regular person, nothing more, nothing less.
Considering how much some of you hate the fact that reboot Lara is a regular person compared to classic Lara, I don't see why you like Sophie...

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 29-07-19 at 07:49.
Grizzly Bear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-19, 07:53   #889
Portugalraider
Professor

I think it's safe to assume Ana will be a major villain in the sequel, even if they do their own story and not a RotTR-inspired movie. Sophie could also have an expanded role, although I don't how how exactly they could do that.

If they do adapt (or loosely adapt, which I would prefer) RotTR, they could also expand the role of Sofia, maybe have her be the immortal leader instead of Jacob (maybe he gave his powers to Sofia and died in Kitezh when he hid it).
Old 29-07-19, 10:17   #890
AimlessThunder
Professor

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I think it's safe to assume Ana will be a major villain in the sequel, even if they do their own story and not a RotTR-inspired movie. Sophie could also have an expanded role, although I don't how how exactly they could do that.

If they do adapt (or loosely adapt, which I would prefer) RotTR, they could also expand the role of Sofia, maybe have her be the immortal leader instead of Jacob (maybe he gave his powers to Sofia and died in Kitezh when he hid it).
Hello there Ana!

Everyone who has played Rise knows that Ana is dying of some sort of disease.
I wonder if they could expand on that. Maybe start the movie on that note..
A short scene with Ana after chemotherapy putting on her wig.. Desperately tying to find a cure. Looking for the source.

Just give us more depth to the characters and a better developed story please!