www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 20-07-19, 02:04   #30771
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Leon is quickly becoming my favorite video game character. I'm currently playing RE4 and I love his optimism and overall, cool demeanor. The guy got a parasite injected into him at the beginning of the game and he still takes everything in stride, even making corny (but funny) one-liners. I already liked him in REmake 2 but 4's solidified my love of him.
Yeah Leon is pretty cool. But nothing will ever top Chis and Jill for me. On that note those two should be a couple.
Old 20-07-19, 12:24   #30772
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Re2 was the first classic game I played after 4/5/6. I did find it hard at the time because I wasn't aware of how useful the map was lol. So I tried to memorise rooms from my head and where items where. I got stuck several times and didn't realise the red rooms on the map meant I wasn't finished in that area. So I ended up having to Google where items were.
After a while I didn't need I map I played both the original RE2 and remake so much that eventually I had committed the layout of the RPD to memory and could navigate without the map.

When I first played the remake I was checking the map every two minutes due to the slightly different layout from the original RE2,I stopped doing that once I had for the most part memorised most of the map, now the only time I check the map is if I can't remember how to get to a certain place, since I rarely play Leon's scenarios I keep forgetting how to get back to the cells.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 13:17   #30773
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

I was thinking...
I believe RE8 will definetly be for PS5; do you think they will make RE3 remake (in the style of RE2) for PS4 or they will wait for PS5 even for that?
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 16:43   #30774
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

I think R3make will release for the current generation of consoles but RE8 will be released for the next generation.
Old 22-07-19, 01:42   #30775
Gothlegend
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I think R3make will release for the current generation of consoles but RE8 will be released for the next generation.
100%. If not, I feel like this would end up isolating an entire faction of the fanbase. And honestly it only makes sense given how to originals were released.
Old 23-07-19, 10:53   #30776
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Given what they have shown about the PS4 which just seems to be a very beefed up PS4 I wouldn’t be surprised if they were both cross gen. I think the traditional generation jump is coming to an end and we will see more transition periods where games run better on one console more than another. In terms of release periods I imagine REmake3 releasing around the time the new consoles are launching and 8 will release when they have been out for a while. I don’t think either of them will be launch titles as historically RE games are not.

It’s really odd to think that there has only been one original entry in the series and only really two overall on the dedicated hardware for this gen... given the abundance of release there were in the ps1-ps3 eras.

Last edited by jajay119; 23-07-19 at 10:56.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-19, 13:18   #30777
DragonSlayer
Professor

Yet again someone has written into Gamecentral for the third time saying that they would like to see co-op return to Resident Evil albeit in a way that preserves the horror atmosphere better than 5 or 6.

Bringing co-op back to Resident Evil is a bad idea, any amount of co-op would make the game less scary for example Dead Space 3 having that other guy fight Necromorphs alongside Isaac took all the scares out of the game.

Leave co-op to Call of Duty and other similar games and let Resident Evil be Resident Evil without adding unnecessary co-op, co-op IMO just doesn't work with a game like Resident Evil sometimes less is more, not every game needs co-op and unnecessarily bolting co-op onto a game that doesn't need it is a bad idea.

The only two times I played co-op in Resident Evil were a disaster, it was the Jill and Wesker boss fight in RE5 the idiot I was playing with shot Jill twice with a rocket launcher.

Having someone there to help when you are in a tough spot removes any tension and scares from the game, better to go it alone IMO.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-19, 16:10   #30778
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Co-op in Resident evil can work well if done in the style of Outbreak, or just limited to extra content like Mercenaries or Raid Mode
Old 27-07-19, 21:16   #30779
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Yet again someone has written into Gamecentral for the third time saying that they would like to see co-op return to Resident Evil albeit in a way that preserves the horror atmosphere better than 5 or 6.

Bringing co-op back to Resident Evil is a bad idea, any amount of co-op would make the game less scary for example Dead Space 3 having that other guy fight Necromorphs alongside Isaac took all the scares out of the game.

Leave co-op to Call of Duty and other similar games and let Resident Evil be Resident Evil without adding unnecessary co-op, co-op IMO just doesn't work with a game like Resident Evil sometimes less is more, not every game needs co-op and unnecessarily bolting co-op onto a game that doesn't need it is a bad idea.

The only two times I played co-op in Resident Evil were a disaster, it was the Jill and Wesker boss fight in RE5 the idiot I was playing with shot Jill twice with a rocket launcher.

Having someone there to help when you are in a tough spot removes any tension and scares from the game, better to go it alone IMO.
Agreed. Co-op in Resident Evil felt like a chore looking out for the AI. It is as bad as companions in the Fallout games.
Old 28-07-19, 08:28   #30780
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

co-op worked fine for revelations 2, namely because while the secondary character could die, they regenerate health and whichever character you don't control can't die to traps.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote