www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 28-04-15, 18:13   #1321
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

What's up with the debug drawer? Why is it trying to allocate a 192 MB buffer on application start? That seems excessive.
Old 28-04-15, 18:29   #1322
Suikaze Raider
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Suikaze Raider, thank you!
Welcome

Quote:
I will update it in a short time
Thank you

Quote:
recently I also started to export all system messages to script, which will eventually need translation as well... However, for now only console warnings were exported, I want to convert debug strings as well.
When you'll have them; Could you share them for start to translate them?

Best Regards

Last edited by Suikaze Raider; 28-04-15 at 18:32.
Suikaze Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-15, 18:39   #1323
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Yeah, sure - I will merge your changes today, when I get home! Also maybe I'll add camera patch too.

EDIT: I have integrated your caustics shader into SF repository (no Git for a moment, as I haven't set up Git repo yet), only thing I removed is vertex coordinate distortion, because it produces very unpleasant gaps between polygons. I believe the reason for gaps is shader doesn't count vertex positions in adjacent rooms, while original seems to be aware of that; also, shader doesn't check if vertex is adjacent to non-water room or not, so upper vertices position also gets modified, which produces same kind of artifact.

You can check how it's done in TR2 - if water room vertex is adjacent to dry room vertex, position remains the same. However, they changed this behaviour in TR3 (or TR4), so room vertices are only distorted ONLY when camera is underwater. There is a patch in TREP/FLEP which enables TR2-like water distortion effect, but this patch also doesn't take "dry room adjacency" into account, and hence produces same kind of bug.
Thanks for the merge
=======================================

Any news on exactly when the Github switch is going to happen? I've seen a couple of changes to the Github repo that has not made it to the Sourceforge repo vise versa... The desync makes me a little iffy.

Regards.
Old 28-04-15, 19:33   #1324
Laras Dream
Archaeologist

I have a problem in TR2 where action doesn't work and I can't select anything in the main menu to see the control mapping. Just so you know EDIT: Found its the left ctrl, and changed it within the config lua. But there's nothing for enter that you could use in th main menu

Last edited by Laras Dream; 28-04-15 at 19:45.
Laras Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-15, 22:17   #1325
Ado Croft
Historian

OMG, Lwmte I'am so happy that flip map triggers finally work in Open Tomb engine. This is the moment I have been waiting for and also I'm looking forward to traps interaction such as spiky ceiling and spiky wall, etc. Only small bug in flip map trigger is a case (when I flip some room then current flipped room is without moveable objects)

Last edited by Ado Croft; 28-04-15 at 22:18.
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-15, 20:32   #1326
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Is there any plan on the full switch to Github? Right now I'm doing everything in Github, and I'm scared that things may not work out the next time people try to synchronize the different repositories. I strongly recommend everyone to use Git; it's much better as a website, and has much better tool support.
Old 29-04-15, 21:58   #1327
Lwmte
Explorer

I won't update SF repo anymore, right now I already installed Github and cloned repo, I just need to understand branch/fork system. I'll try to merge down your recent version with one I already uploaded on SF (plus some more changes involving Flipmap trigger, as I also discovered, thanks to decompiled TR1 version, it needs different bitwise operations for different trigger types). If there will be any troubles with merging, I'll let you know!

By the way Git client is much more simple and intuitive than TortoiseHg, which had lots of options, which I never used, I even don't know if I need TortoiseGit or not...

Last edited by Lwmte; 29-04-15 at 22:00.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-15, 22:47   #1328
Richard_trle
Historian

Sure thing, don't use any GIT client beside the official git client, it integrates in path and explorer nicely and it works like a charm

/edit

By the way guys, I have completed the project website for OpenTomb under GitHub, what do you think?
http://opentomb.github.io/

/edit2

I suggest you to make a fork from opentomb/opentomb, that way you make your changes and ask for a pull request, it is faster and automatically done on GitHub, also if you don't want official git tool, try github tools

Last edited by Richard_trle; 29-04-15 at 22:51.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-15, 15:01   #1329
Joey79100
Professor

It's not the first time I see a very similar layout for a website, and honestly, sorry but I really don't like it at all. Everythings are way too big for a computer. And I prefer when things are seperated in several pages, it's more interesting than having everything thrown at once this way with nothing to search for, nothing to discover in the website. When you've scrolled down to the bottom... you're finished, there's no more to see. In my opinion this kind of organization is not for a website. Maybe for a slideshow, or something that you would print, but definitely not for a website. But maybe it's only a matter of taste after all.
Plus, the images should be updated (but it's not related to the website, as it's the same everywhere), and it links to SourceForge instead of Github... by the way, is it possible to download compiled versions on Github? I haven't found where it's located.

EDIT: \scripts\strings\french\global_item.lua is ready (encoded in UTF-8).

Last edited by Joey79100; 30-04-15 at 20:45.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 05:27   #1330
Richard_trle
Historian

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
It's not the first time I see a very similar layout for a website, and honestly, sorry but I really don't like it at all. Everythings are way too big for a computer. And I prefer when things are seperated in several pages, it's more interesting than having everything thrown at once this way with nothing to search for, nothing to discover in the website. When you've scrolled down to the bottom... you're finished, there's no more to see. In my opinion this kind of organization is not for a website. Maybe for a slideshow, or something that you would print, but definitely not for a website. But maybe it's only a matter of taste after all.
Plus, the images should be updated (but it's not related to the website, as it's the same everywhere), and it links to SourceForge instead of Github... by the way, is it possible to download compiled versions on Github? I haven't found where it's located.

EDIT: \scripts\strings\french\global_item.lua is ready (encoded in UTF-8).
Sorry Joey, I respect your opinion, but I disagree with it

First because this layout is responsive, doesn't matter the size of the screen it acts the same (it behave differently on smartphone than on computer screen, but act the same way, bringing the same content), second, I studied design and the more cohesive and compact the information is, better for the navigator, people don't tend to click and explore the site, so it is well suited for this, to be as simple as possible.

Also I'm a tomb raider, I love to explore things, but newcomers (either users, developers, designers, etc...) may not, and they are the people we gonna try to appeal too.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote