www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 19-07-20, 16:06   #1
CircusBabysGal
Hobbyist

Default Kurtis Trent is Carrie White?

This may sound insane but Kurtis Trent could defently be a rebirth/Past Life if Carrie White, now the Carrie im focusing is gonna be the 1976 Version, Both have had no Fatherly figures in their life, Blue eyes, Telekenises, both plot Revenge, with Carrie burning down her entire Gym Building and killing all her classmates and Kurtis wanting to get revenge for his fathers death, both also had someone to guard/want to guard over them
Kurtis - Lara
Carrie - Sue

Only thing that doesnt match up is that Kurtis was Born '72 whilst Carrie was born around '63
what do you all think?
Old 19-07-20, 22:10   #2
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
This may sound insane...
It is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
Only thing that doesnt match up is that Kurtis was Born '72 whilst Carrie was born around '63
what do you all think?
Basically none of it matches except for 'character has undefined superpowers, wants revenge', which is like 90% of media at the moment. I take it you're focusing on the film because while the actress Sissy Spacek from the 1976 film has blue eyes, Carrie White is described as having brown eyes in the book. Not to mention that in the lore for Carrie telekinesis is genetic, specifically it's a recessive trait that is dominant only in women. This means that men cannot be telekinetic at all.

We appear to be getting an influx of people spouting nonsense links between Tomb Raider and other media/religion/ideas on the forums this year. What is happening to people? Just because you can link ideas together doesn't make it true, or that there was any intent to do so from the developers.

You can literally link any idea to any other idea with enough steps.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-20, 00:23   #3
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
We appear to be getting an influx of people spouting nonsense links between Tomb Raider and other media/religion/ideas on the forums this year. What is happening to people? Just because you can link ideas together doesn't make it true, or that there was any intent to do so from the developers.

You can literally link any idea to any other idea with enough steps.
This is actually really rude. The OP acknowledged the idea being insane, unlike the other troll who constantly claims Lara’s a snake without receipts.

How can you compare both situations?
Old 20-07-20, 00:37   #4
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Haha! I love random lines of similarities between characters like this.. it makes me think of crossovers of the two in my head. Very creative idea, I think!
Old 20-07-20, 01:44   #5
Girafarig32
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Alright, I suppose we should only post what you want to hear instead from now on?

@OP I've never read the novel, but it sounds like an interesting theory. Although as boobandie rudely pointed out, it's a similar case for a lot of fictional main characters.
Old 20-07-20, 06:26   #6
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
This is actually really rude. The OP acknowledged the idea being insane, unlike the other troll who constantly claims Lara’s a snake without receipts.

How can you compare both situations?
No, they acknowledged that while it may sound insane the theory could definitely be the case. It also isn't drawing attention to similarities, it's stating that these two characters are the same character based on past lives/reincarnation. However perhaps I should have worded my observation about this uptick in conspiracy-theory style posting on our forum more sensitively and for that I apologise.

It's hard to tell the sincere theories from the groundless ones.

Last edited by Boobandie; 21-07-20 at 14:50.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-20, 17:40   #7
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

omg I certainly DON'T EVEN COMPARE Kurtis Trent to Carrie White at all!! She was a very naive type of girl who didn't even understood of what was happening to her once she spotted that she had telekinesis in the power of her own mind that always goes on in motion everytime when she gets upset
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote