www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-01-19, 20:27   #21541
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Rise had a 60 (Combat) - 40
(Puzzles and Exploration) balance whereas Shadow has an even 1/3 balance between the 3 elements.

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/24...ve-less-combat

Honestly I was fine with both. Rise was a nice middle ground whereas Shadow went full on explorer mode.
That's interesting!
I prefer Shadow, it would just need a replayable mode (like Endurance or something else) and a full Croft Manor level like blood ties.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 20:38   #21542
Amunet
Archaeologist

Honestly, I prefer Shadow's ratio of Combat:Exploration/Puzzles. Rise still felt too much to me but more than that, the combat encounters felt tedious, I didn't find any enjoyment in them at all. I think Shadow had a little more variety to its combat encounters, with the increase in stealth options and whatnot, which I appreciated.
Old 11-01-19, 20:46   #21543
Legends
Tomb Raider

It's funny that Rise sold close to nothing on Xbox compared to PlayStation, the exclusive platform they chose for the game. That tells you how bad these people are at making decisions.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 20:53   #21544
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
That's interesting!
I prefer Shadow, it would just need a replayable mode (like Endurance or something else) and a full Croft Manor level like blood ties.
Endurance mode would instantly make me like Shadow more than Rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Honestly, I prefer Shadow's ratio of Combat:Exploration/Puzzles. Rise still felt too much to me but more than that, the combat encounters felt tedious, I didn't find any enjoyment in them at all. I think Shadow had a little more variety to its combat encounters, with the increase in stealth options and whatnot, which I appreciated.
The increase in stealth options definitely helped. Although I can understand people that took a problem with the fact that we had more combat maneuvers than actual combat.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 21:38   #21545
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
It's funny that Rise sold close to nothing on Xbox compared to PlayStation, the exclusive platform they chose for the game. That tells you how bad these people are at making decisions.
do we really know that they chose it? maybe they went to sony first and they were rejected
Old 11-01-19, 22:27   #21546
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
do we really know that they chose it? maybe they went to sony first and they were rejected
That's very far-fetched considering Playstation marketed the game a lot better than Xbox, the company they ended up signing the deal with. Microsoft was probably desperate and had the big bucks so they can receive attention from TR fans.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 22:29   #21547
KennyC222
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Endurance mode would instantly make me like Shadow more than Rise.

The increase in stealth options definitely helped. Although I can understand people that took a problem with the fact that we had more combat maneuvers than actual combat.
The replayability of shadow will significantly increase when Endurance mode is added ..just need more scenes of Battle and stealth in order to achieve the balance
Old 11-01-19, 22:31   #21548
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyC222 View Post
The replayability of shadow will significantly increase when Endurance mode is added ..just need more scenes of Battle and stealth in order to achieve the balance
They need to have the will to do Endurance Mode first...considering we've been through 3 different online modes/content I doubt it will happen.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 23:06   #21549
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
That's very far-fetched considering Playstation marketed the game a lot better than Xbox, the company they ended up signing the deal with. Microsoft was probably desperate and had the big bucks so they can receive attention from TR fans.
Not so far-fetched, imo. Sony had UC at the time, a direct rival to TR. Why would they take marketing rights for TR when they have their own action adventure game. Of course it's still in their interest to do their bit in promoting TR too, just not as an exclusive/timed exclusive. MS on the other hand needed an action adventure game of their own, even on a short term basis.

Last edited by Rai; 11-01-19 at 23:48.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 23:19   #21550
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

MS did horrible marketing Rise, and they barely even mentioned Shadow. I wouldn’t find it to crazy if Sony was to assist with the next game. MS is crap.