www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 16-01-19, 11:04   #21671
New Dwight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Grew up with classic Lara. Love her to death.

Also love reboot Lara to death.

Both Laras have their problems character-wise, none the less.

Different takes on the same character is the most normal thing ever. I don't see fans of Adam West Batman being so offended by Christian Bale's or Ben Affleck's takes on Batman, and they are completely different characters that share the same name. Much more than reboot and classic Lara.

The idea that reboot Lara is somehow an insult to classic Lara is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in this forums. And that is saying a lot.
Here we go again.
it's the ones like you who think classic lara is inferior to this reboot lara.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 11:13   #21672
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
Here we go again.
Dude, I say I love both Laras to death. Where in the world did I say I think classic Lara is inferior?

None is inferior to the other! They are just different! And it is okay to prefer one to the other!

Getting seriously tired of talking to walls, but f my tiresome. People here need to accept that its okay to have different opinions and that is possible to discuss them without being little drama queens all the time. This goes to people on both "sides" of the argument.
Old 16-01-19, 11:15   #21673
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
Here we go again.
He didn't say that he said all Lara's incarnation are equals and share some weakness.
Old 16-01-19, 11:18   #21674
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

I honestly don't think Classic Lara, LAU Lara and Reboot Lara are different at all. Like I've said somewhere else some time before, she's always been driven by an obsession of sorts. That trait is common to every Lara, and so is her athleticism and adventuring.

I don't find amusing how much attention we are paying to her outfits. I've been here since 2006 and I remember how much dirt was directed at Crystal for making "Barbie Lara" at the time when Legend Lara had a huge optional (and free) wardrobe, including two revealing bikinis. Fans seem to be driven by an outfit obsession...Core sure had it easy.
Old 16-01-19, 11:20   #21675
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
I honestly don't think Classic Lara, LAU Lara and Reboot Lara are different at all. Like I've said somewhere else some time before, she's always been driven by an obsession of sorts. That trait is common to every Lara, and so is her athleticism and adventuring.

I don't find amusing how much attention we are paying to her outfits. I've been here since 2006 and I remember how much dirt was directed at Crystal for making "Barbie Lara" at the time when Legend Lara had a huge optional (and free) wardrobe, including two revealing bikinis. Fans seem to be driven by an outfit obsession...Core sure had it easy.
So true. And now people want to costumise every single bit of Lara's appearance. How times have changed...
Old 16-01-19, 11:22   #21676
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by veigafd View Post
Even though there are people who say that you can't expect too much for a game sequel in a series, I think that it's the other way around.
It seems like CD/EM did the same thing all over again.
It starts pretty and cool (legend,2013), then in the end some things change, others disappear,but there's not too much innovation comparing to the first entry.
And another thing to mention is: why they didn't change lara's animation since 2013?! A good way to show a development but they still used the same clunky animations for the inexperience girl.
I disagree, I think TR'2013 starts the trilogy badly and the sequels -while not perfect- are superior. Also while I love Legend being really good and pleasant, I prefer TRA and TRU which evolved goodly the Legend formula who was imo a bit prematured.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 11:23   #21677
New Dwight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Dude, I say I love both Laras to death. Where in the world did I say I think classic Lara is inferior?

None is inferior to the other! They are just different! And it is okay to prefer one to the other!

Getting seriously tired of talking to walls, but f my tiresome. People here need to accept that its okay to have different opinions and that is possible to discuss them without being little drama queens all the time. This goes to people on both "sides" of the argument.
you can have your little opinions, just don't claim reboot lara owns over classic lara now.
supporting reboot lara is supporting SJW, and that is sad and degrading to not only the true lara but always women in general. shame on thee.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 11:26   #21678
TR1249
Archaeologist

Hope the direction we have with the Reboot right now gets continued (with some tweaks here and there)
Old 16-01-19, 11:28   #21679
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Oh, wow… I have no words for what I've just read. I'm starting to wonder if consipracy theories spreads into people like STDs.

So, now liking multiple versions of the same character is considered supporting god knows what, and detriment to woman? And here I thought I've read everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Hope the direction we have with the Reboot right now gets continued (with some tweaks here and there)
This. Character wise, I expect Lara to become less serious (as she promised), and having more fun in the adventures. What I mostly expect from the next game is its overal tone being more lighthearted, after the pretty intense trilogy. I like seriousness, but I'm hoping for something more in the likes of the reboot comics

Last edited by Vaskito; 16-01-19 at 11:32.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-19, 11:38   #21680
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Absolutely!