www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-06-19, 08:27   #26041
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
if they were unskippable, absolutely.
Are you trolling or what? The other way around, is how it's currently implemented. They are there, and are skippable a.k.a. not mandatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
omg really?

Every recent sony exclusive,AC,
mass effect andromeda,
The Witcher 3
metro,
fallout 4,
every yakuza game,
evil within 2,
the last 3 Tales Of (the ones I played)
So these games take more than 8 - 12h to finish the main campaign, without doing any side content? xD Most of them are open world games - the type of games that are RIDDLED with side-content. Sure Jan"


Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Well, thanks for proving my point.

They give you exp, so you tend to look for them even if you don't care about the lore, because you want those exp points etc, but then there's no content to support the progression and you still don't know this while playing the game for the first time
a beginners trap.
Again, they are optional, and you only will do them if you want to get the extra, cool stuff - again, none of which are mandatory, so you don't have a point at all - they are not enforced on you to create "fake length" of the main campaign. Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
"Why does it do it?"
"Because it does"


but you just said you don't need those points to beat the game...?
And you don't. What's your point? Questioning why the game gives you XP for picking up collectibles? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
except they marketed it as the biggest hub of the series, and every single review pointed out it's large, beautiful and all the like.


you're straight up lying at this point.
You're the one who's lying when you said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
profit because reviews saying "don't worry! the map is huge! it's 15-20h! no less than that!" is profit. Marketing
It was advertised as the biggest hub in the franchise. They've never said anything in the likes of your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Yes, cause both you and the game are full of ****.

Over and out
No, it's because you want to be picky, nothing else. And you know it, and that's the reason you're resorting once again to an attempt at a low blow
__________________
Death by chocolate is a myth

Last edited by Vaskito; 26-06-19 at 08:28.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 09:23   #26042
killchan
Explorer
 
killchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Italy...?
Posts: 699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Dude... chill :S
I'm perfectly chill

anyway, Look

https://youtu.be/A3iFMblby5E?t=234

that's just concept art, ok, but ... is that Mathias vs Lara and a heavy machinegun...?
__________________
IF next_game.IsSimilarTo(Reboot) THEN Me.Skip(next_game) ENDIF
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 11:19   #26043
SoraSakai
Archaeologist
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
I'm perfectly chill

anyway, Look

https://youtu.be/A3iFMblby5E?t=234

that's just concept art, ok, but ... is that Mathias vs Lara and a heavy machinegun...?
not sure...

Beautiful concept art though. Didn’t realize the end credits feature art from the whole series. That’s cute
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 11:28   #26044
johnanonymouz
Professor
 
johnanonymouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Funny to watch, how people try to defend a game at every corner, that repeated itself 3 times already.
It did the same thing in terms of sidequests, with only expanding the storytelling. Literally added nothing new.
Sad.
so you could say they're following the classics
__________________
Proud Rebooter
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 12:21   #26045
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter
 
NoahCrofRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Mle Island
Posts: 7,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
so you could say they're following the classics
oh my word, you have a point though

The series has always had an issue with being stale and stagnating the formula, and this isnt a new issue with the reboot or LAU.
__________________
-high-pitched- AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! *bone crack*
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 14:02   #26046
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter
 
SpyrosMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
It's also interesting how TR gets all the flack for having sequels that are pretty similar, and naturally evolving with a couple of new additions, and gameplay changes, in a world where AC, CoD, GTA, etc. do the same, are are praised.
Do I really have to point out how better overall these games you mentioned are and how that's the main reason they are praised without needing lots changing between each release?

Last edited by SpyrosMonster; 26-06-19 at 14:03.
SpyrosMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 14:44   #26047
Jaffa_Cakes
Explorer
 
Jaffa_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Argentina
Posts: 508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
I'm perfectly chill

anyway, Look

https://youtu.be/A3iFMblby5E?t=234

that's just concept art, ok, but ... is that Mathias vs Lara and a heavy machinegun...?
If the one at 4:30 is the concept art to the final stage with the duals, let me say it looks like a much cooler introduction to them
__________________
lack of empathy scares me
Jaffa_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 14:56   #26048
thlenoir
Historian
 
thlenoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Belgium
Posts: 471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
Do I really have to point out how better overall these games you mentioned are and how that's the main reason they are praised without needing lots changing between each release?
AC, better? The serie had to change drastically between Syndicate and Origins because of the too little changes over the years, and the annual releases... And the games (that i really like, even love) are not better than the TR series...

CoD is trash, no comparison here.

And GTA, it's GTA, there is one every 6 or years, so there no need for big changes every time.

Last edited by thlenoir; 26-06-19 at 15:40.
thlenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 15:01   #26049
biscuits
Professor
 
biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 4,402
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
Do I really have to point out how better overall these games you mentioned are and how that's the main reason they are praised without needing lots changing between each release?
To be fair, Assassin's Creed DID get lots of flack for being more of the same. It was famous for it, almost to the point where Ubisoft had to halt the annual cycle to release Origins.
GTA releases like every half a decade nowadays so franchise fatigue won't be a factor. COD is COD.
....
Honestly, the reboot series deserves the flack for being more of the same. They still use animations from a 2008 game, let alone a last gen 2013 title.
__________________
The hammer of justice is unisex!
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-19, 15:37   #26050
Chamayoo
Professor
 
Chamayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,562
Default

That is the very first time I see someone saying COD is praised everywhere. Everyone complain every year about the games and Activision included.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.