www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 17-03-19, 15:13   #11
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer View Post
I really enjoy this! And mansion too,can't not wait to play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matie View Post
I really like the screens you're posting Reggie, and I love that main menu, too! Keep it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Looking really great, Reggie! I love Lara’s model, and the story sounds very intriguing and fun. I can’t wait to experience it.

Also, was the Croft Manor you were teasing in the screenshot thread the one you'll be using in his project?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostSecret View Post
Very great and promising! Best wishes for your project!
Cheers all.

@NoahCrofRaider: Indeed, that's the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Looks okay, and everything, but considering you just have lara's home done - don't you think it's a bit early to hype people around here? :s

Nevertheless, I wish you good luck
It is too early really but I was excited to share what I had so far. Lara's Home is nowhere near done and this is very much work in progress. I hope I have made that clear here so far, rather than hyping anyone up. I just didn't want to spam the showcase thread(s) with WIP shots.

Oh and credit where its due - I used your PRJ on TRSearch as a base. It's been a valuable learning tool so thanks.

Last edited by Reggie; 17-03-19 at 15:16.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-19, 15:28   #12
FreakRaider
Professor

wow, looks really good! it's very rare someone builds a decent croft manor, but you built it fantastic!
the story sounds really interesting, can't wait to see screenshots of all the places our globethrotter lara will visit

also la forza, the song sent by estonia to the eurovision in 2018, really makes for a great theme song!
i can't wait to see more of this
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-19, 15:28   #13
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Oh god. That Lara's Home I made years ago has so many flaws. Despite all that, it helped me a lot learning TRLE back then (I was a newbie). I hope you managed to fix all the issues I've made (noticed you fixed things here and there)
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-19, 15:35   #14
Baratheon
Archaeologist

I'm sorry but it doesn't look good at all, to me. There is flat lighting, bad texturing, nonsense static placement and strange decisions all around. It feels like a catalog for trsearch.org more so than Lara's Home.
I understand that this is your first attempt at the Level Editor (?) and so of course all is excused by that. However, I truly believe you should spend more time learning and understanding the editor before committing to something.
Please don't take this the wrong way or be discouraged by what I have said. Potential is there, I just don't want you to settle already with these bad decisions. Obviously just my opinion as others here clearly love it.

You can do better, and I can see that, that's all.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-19, 15:49   #15
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Oh god. That Lara's Home I made years ago has so many flaws. Despite all that, it helped me a lot learning TRLE back then (I was a newbie). I hope you managed to fix all the issues I've made (noticed you fixed things here and there)
Yeah it's a good level to learn a range of things with and learning by example always helps.

It's had its challenges but its been a solid base for making changes and additions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
I'm sorry but it doesn't look good at all, to me. There is flat lighting, bad texturing, nonsense static placement and strange decisions all around. It feels like a catalog for trsearch.org more so than Lara's Home.
I understand that this is your first attempt at the Level Editor (?) and so of course all is excused by that. However, I truly believe you should spend more time learning and understanding the editor before committing to something.
Please don't take this the wrong way or be discouraged by what I have said. Potential is there, I just don't want you to settle already with these bad decisions. Obviously just my opinion as others here clearly love it.

You can do better, and I can see that, that's all.
I wouldn't say it doesn't look good *at all*, there are rooms which look much better which I don't want to show yet. My intention is to seek feedback, not hype (lovely as it is to get positive messages ) so I'd rather show my weaknesses now and any strong points later. I'm not making excuses though, it's nowhere near how I envision it yet. I've started testing the level on the big TV to get a closer look at textures and colours. I'm not sure what you would change about static placement, can you expand on that? This is my first attempt besides working a bit on another level which I set aside after a few weeks. I do think a Lara's Home level is pretty safe territory for a learner. The obstacle course is a good testing ground for new moves and animations and the mansion itself for learning to work with statics, textures etc. The racetrack for working with vehicles.

The wider project is a commitment, but I may release on an episodic basis to make it more manageable. The format of the story and locations lends itself well to that format.

Last edited by Reggie; 17-03-19 at 15:55.
Old 17-03-19, 23:12   #16
Danath
Archaeologist

Very interesting project! I like the concept a lot. And those screenshots are looking good.

However, the video has very bad framerate and i can't enjoy it at all. :\
Old 18-03-19, 10:37   #17
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Very interesting project! I like the concept a lot. And those screenshots are looking good.

However, the video has very bad framerate and i can't enjoy it at all. :\
Thank you!

Yeah Bandicam must be capping the framerate recording if it's unregistered.
I'll make sure the next update is generally more polished.
Old 18-03-19, 18:15   #18
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile

Oh i forgot to say this, sorry, but i love that menu screen!
Old 21-03-19, 23:14   #19
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Righto. I have reuploaded the assault course video with better textures, new moves and proper framerate.

This is a bit closer to what I'm going for. Plenty still to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Oh i forgot to say this, sorry, but i love that menu screen!
Cheers.

Last edited by Reggie; 07-05-19 at 23:02.
Old 22-03-19, 09:28   #20
Morgau
Hobbyist

Looking great so far, Reggie! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Morgau is offline   Reply With Quote