www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 19-07-19, 17:46   #111
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Are you referring to the gameplay shown at comic con?

It looks very average.
That footage yeah, it just looks terrible.
Old 20-07-19, 18:28   #112
RAID
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Hulk and Captain America gameplay:
How can you tell it's a Crystal Dynamics game???

The trucks and walls have white scratches on them to show you you can interact with them.

My god what irritating developers they are!

Last edited by RAID; 20-07-19 at 18:29.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-19, 18:46   #113
Love2Raid
Tomb Raider

The bright red ramps are worse, lol. So unnecessary, how oblivious do they think the average gamer is?

I still think it looks fun though, will definitely check it out sometime when it’s on sale (not because I think it looks bad, I’m just not an Avengers fan).
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-19, 20:27   #114
DOPE
Relic Hunter

You'd think a game from one of the biggest sagas of our days would have people drooling in hype but it's curious how little interest there seem to be for this (or maybe it's just an internet thing and the GP will rush to get it).

I could do without superhero movies altogether (maybe aside from Wonder Woman and Spiderman) but I'll check it out when it's bargain just to see what Crystal can do when not doing Tomb Raider.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 13:48   #115
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
It looks very average.
It looks like the flop it's destined to become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post
You'd think a game from one of the biggest sagas of our days would have people drooling in hype but it's curious how little interest there seem to be for this (or maybe it's just an internet thing and the GP will rush to get it).

I could do without superhero movies altogether (maybe aside from Wonder Woman and Spiderman) but I'll check it out when it's bargain just to see what Crystal can do when not doing Tomb Raider.
I think that's what they are counting on. People being so obsessed with the movies that they will just run out and buy the game. This game can't survive on the success of the moves alone though, particularly not when they have none of the actors from the movies. It's so dumb to make an Avengers video game and use the aesthetics from the movies, but none of the actors. This game is also not open world, (I believe) so it'll be interesting to see how they will tie all these superheros together in a linear story, or whatever the hell they are doing, lol.

Oh, I could do without this superhero mania too. I'm beyond sick of it. The only one I still like is pretty much just Spider-Man. He will always be the biggest star. The rest of them doesn't really interest get me. Everyone is a superhero these days, and it's become so contrived.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 14:09   #116
Chamayoo
Professor

Did I see health bars ? Something I would want to return in TR too.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 14:42   #117
Fantasy
Archaeologist

I still can’t believe they swiped Lara’s animations for Black Widow and then added dual pistols just to rub salt in the wound

Last edited by Fantasy; 28-07-19 at 15:52.
Fantasy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-19, 21:55   #118
Persefone
Historian

Looks fine for a tutorial, hope they have more freedom on the actual levels though
Persefone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 00:58   #119
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
How can you tell it's a Crystal Dynamics game???

The trucks and walls have white scratches on them to show you you can interact with them.
That and the Cutscene > Set Piece > QTE > Sprinkle of Gameplay > Back to Cutscene > Set Piece > Same Pattern Over and Over

I would love to see them making something that simply focuses on good gameplay. Bare bones minimum cutscenes and set pieces, and please ZERO QTE's. But honestly I feel like this pattern is very standard for them.

I still am holding on to hope that the Avenger's game will be good, but for my personal taste, I'm not sure how into it I'm going to be able to be if this gameplay demo is any indication of how riddled with cutscene, set pieces, and QTE's it will be.
Old 22-07-19, 01:19   #120
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
That and the Cutscene > Set Piece > QTE > Sprinkle of Gameplay > Back to Cutscene > Set Piece > Same Pattern Over and Over

I would love to see them making something that simply focuses on good gameplay. Bare bones minimum cutscenes and set pieces, and please ZERO QTE's. But honestly I feel like this pattern is very standard for them.

I still am holding on to hope that the Avenger's game will be good, but for my personal taste, I'm not sure how into it I'm going to be able to be if this gameplay demo is any indication of how riddled with cutscene, set pieces, and QTE's it will be.
Yeah, that ****ing pattern. This game will get more attention than Shadow did, (it already has, lol) and the critics will be louder and harsher if they can't make it work. Gameplay is everything and the stakes are pretty high, so if the gameplay is limited or lackluster, they will get dragged for it. Based on the leaks, they are sticking to their typical lazy formula, and that's not good.

I'm not buying this game no matter what. Most likely it won't be an amazing game regardless though.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote