www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-19, 15:50   #11
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider
 
Quebsenuef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray
Posts: 12,870
Default

I donít watch a lot of TV, but I started getting into Black Mirror on Netflix. I like a little mind ****ery here and there.

Season One and most of Season 2 are just bad IMO.
S3 is so far the BEST and I love it.
__________________
Face and defeat your Guilt
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 15:51   #12
Mickybyrne20
Professor
 
Mickybyrne20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Greater Manchester. Male.
Posts: 3,008
Default

True Blood season 7. Had an amazing concept to get the ball rolling, but the execution was terrible from start to finish.

One it the main characters died OFF SCREEN in the very first episode. Absolutely ridiculous.
__________________
Tracy Beaker the Attention Seeker
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 15:54   #13
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 View Post
True Blood season 7. Had an amazing concept to get the ball rolling, but the execution was terrible from start to finish.

One it the main characters died OFF SCREEN in the very first episode. Absolutely ridiculous.
I don't watch the show, but is it possible there was some behind the scenes issue? Like the actor refusing to return or something? Or production costs being cut so a Season 7 was possible? Or was simply out of the blue with no bts drama?
__________________
Death by chocolate is a myth
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 15:57   #14
Zebra
Legend
 
Zebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 25,669
Default

Cougar Town's first two seasons were genius. Everything from season 3 onwards was utterly boring and mediocre.

Fringe had a great first season, a terrible second season and then everything after that was meh.

And, of course, The Simpsons. Some fans will tell you that the last good season was the 8th or 9th but I personally think it lost its spark somewhere between season 15 and 20.
__________________
Wozu zuhŲren, wenn man reden kann?

Last edited by Zebra; 10-07-19 at 16:00.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:00   #15
Reggie
Tomb Raider
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Visa Versace
Posts: 22,033
Default

Killing Eve Season 2 (recently released) wasn't a patch on season 1.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:11   #16
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter
 
NoahCrofRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MÍlťe Island
Posts: 7,912
Default

Arrow comes to mind. Season 5 and 6 were really awful, and season 4 was just the precursor to those things. Despite its obsession with drama (particularly in seasons 4-6), I still love it and (for whatever reason) Iím still sticking around.

I stopped watching Once Upon A Time sometime during season 6, but thatís another one that seemed to start running out of ideas, especially in season 4 with the Frozen stuff. S7 just seemed tacked on and random from what I saw, and it makes no sense why they kept it going then.
__________________
-high-pitched- AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! *bone crack*
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:27   #17
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 7,875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Arrow comes to mind. Season 5 and 6 were really awful, and season 4 was just the precursor to those things. Despite its obsession with drama (particularly in seasons 4-6), I still love it and (for whatever reason) Iím still sticking around.
Oh yea, I agree. Arrow was a pain to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I stopped watching Once Upon A Time sometime during season 6, but thatís another one that seemed to start running out of ideas, especially in season 4 with the Frozen stuff. S7 just seemed tacked on and random from what I saw, and it makes no sense why they kept it going then.
I've enjoyed it all, though I agree season 4 was weaker - I guess they were trying to take advantage of what was popular at that time.

I liked Season 7 - it's main purpose was a soft-reboot to see if they were able to keep the show alive, but it didn't work. I'm glad I got at least one more Season with Lana Parrilla. She was a PERFECT Evil Queen / Regina
__________________
Death by chocolate is a myth
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:41   #18
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter
 
NoahCrofRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MÍlťe Island
Posts: 7,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I've enjoyed it all, though I agree season 4 was weaker - I guess they were trying to take advantage of what was popular at that time.

I liked Season 7 - it's main purpose was a soft-reboot to see if they were able to keep the show alive, but it didn't work. I'm glad I got at least one more Season with Lana Parrilla. She was a PERFECT Evil Queen / Regina
Regina is so great, I still can’t get over her. Lana Parrilla did an awesome job, and she totally delivered when it came to a reimagining of the generic evil queen cliche.

Although tbh, most of the show’s cast did fabulous jobs for their roles, and they really made me love their characters even more.
__________________
-high-pitched- AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! *bone crack*
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 16:42   #19
Chamayoo
Professor
 
Chamayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,562
Default

When I saw the title of thread I instantly thought "my god season 6 and 7 of Buffy will be quoted" and I guess I was right.
Kidding I understand the critics. I must disagree about S6 as I thought it was good but different. The depressive feeling was spot on, I enjoyed it even if it is uneasy to rewatch.
S7 was disappointed but still okay. The new slayers plotline was interesting at first but... nah it didn't work. The urgency and the very dangerous feeling of the end of the world to come was spot on. I like The First too.
I still prefer them to S1.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 10-07-19 at 16:43.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 17:07   #20
Dennis's Mom
Moderator
 
Dennis's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston Area
Posts: 14,471
Default

Dexter's last season was horrendous after two declining seasons. My son said, "Stop after Season 4!" and I was like you still owe me two hours of my life back for Boondock Saints so . . . .

He was right though.
__________________
At this point, if you haven't put that person on your ignore list, you just like fighting.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.