www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-07-19, 13:05   #1
_Seth
Explorer

Question Any way to mod outfit perks onto other outfits?

I wish to use the Valiant Explorer outfit as it's beautiful and one of the few Lara-ish outfits in the game, but don't want to sacrifice the Siberian Ranger extra special ammo capacity. Shame we can't do a Spider-Man PS4 and take outfit perks and put them onto other actual outfits. =/
Old 17-07-19, 20:08   #2
LuckyEdge10
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I wish to use the Valiant Explorer outfit as it's beautiful and one of the few Lara-ish outfits in the game, but don't want to sacrifice the Siberian Ranger extra special ammo capacity. Shame we can't do a Spider-Man PS4 and take outfit perks and put them onto other actual outfits. =/
Nope, no way. Even on PC. There's no mod to do something like that. Since Legend, Crystal Dynamics never allowed to make modders mod the game farther than changing textures. Changing textures is basically the only thing you can do in modding from Legend and so on.
Old 18-07-19, 07:52   #3
_Seth
Explorer

I wondered if game files could be recoded or something. XD
Old 20-07-19, 00:13   #4
LuckyEdge10
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I wondered if game files could be recoded or something. XD
BTW trust me. Choose the outfit you want to wear, don't bother the perks. They are just useless lol.
Old 20-07-19, 00:28   #5
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
BTW trust me. Choose the outfit you want to wear, don't bother the perks. They are just useless lol.
FACTS. I in no way feel like they affect anything in rise and shadow. The changes are barely noticeable
Old 20-07-19, 00:53   #6
LuckyEdge10
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
FACTS. I in no way feel like they affect anything in rise and shadow. The changes are barely noticeable
Yeah. Even when I did my run on Rise on Extreme Survivor difficulty, outfits' perks don't really change anything.
Old 20-07-19, 14:42   #7
tomee
Tomb Raider

That Valiant Explorer costume is one of my favourites. I suggest you just go for it anyway. The perks make such little difference that it's not worth giving up a costume you prefer just for this.
Old 20-07-19, 20:07   #8
_Seth
Explorer

It's like 5-7 extra special arrow types when you're highly upgraded with your bow, though.
Old 21-07-19, 10:36   #9
tomee
Tomb Raider

I personally never found myself running out of special arrows, though admittedly I don't use them often either. I found fire arrows to be pretty much useless, poison cloud arrows are powerful, but only have situational use when a group of enemies stand close to each other and the explosives are also situational.

I think you could still try to go for valiant explorer and just craft more of the ammo on the run, including within ambushes and see if it works. I think there's even a skill later that lets Lara craft pretty much instantly at which point depleting a smaller ammo capacity shouldn't be an issue. You'll always have the resources on hand as long as you take your time to explore your surroundings and loot corpses.
Old 23-07-19, 21:48   #10
_Seth
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I personally never found myself running out of special arrows, though admittedly I don't use them often either. I found fire arrows to be pretty much useless, poison cloud arrows are powerful, but only have situational use when a group of enemies stand close to each other and the explosives are also situational.

I think you could still try to go for valiant explorer and just craft more of the ammo on the run, including within ambushes and see if it works. I think there's even a skill later that lets Lara craft pretty much instantly at which point depleting a smaller ammo capacity shouldn't be an issue. You'll always have the resources on hand as long as you take your time to explore your surroundings and loot corpses.
I get what you're saying, but it's still more efficient to use the Siberian Ranger outfit so that you can have the maximum crafted amount of ammo, and have max materials, so you're slightly less likely to be unable to pick up resources.